singularity (ps3/360) 15.99 with free shipping @ newegg

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Buy this game people. It is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE

How does the time mechanic work in the game ? Is it fun to use ? Oh and how about the weapons ?

You guys might want to check our your Sears if you have one. I bought this on the PS3 for $4 in a Sears clearance bin. I've seen it at 3 of my local Sears ranging from $4 to $7.

The game is pretty fun, but the ending was kind of a let down for me. I'm used to a huge epic boss/battle ending, but never really got one. Still a fun game.

[quote name='TraBuch']Bioshock fans need to get this.[/QUOTE]

I did get a Bioshock feeling to this game. Good call.

[quote name='strait edge follower'][quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Buy this game people. It is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE

How does the time mechanic work in the game ? Is it fun to use ? Oh and how about the weapons ?[/QUOTE]
It is really cool. You can send enemies forward in time making them age and die, you can send them back in time, ect. You can send things like recorders back in time to when they were working to here recordings and such. It is pretty cool. I don't remember anything too memorable about the weapons, maybe someone else can help you with that. I also got a bioshock feel from this game, so if you enjoyed Bioshock, then you will more than likely enjoy this game. There are also multiple endings for this game, so make sure you see them all!

awesome game. It feels like a combination of Bioshock, Half Life 2 and FEAR all in one. I highly recommend it. One of my favs

I thought this was a very good game. I thought the actual shooting mechanics felt a lot like Modern Warfare 2, and the atmosphere and story had a Bioshock feel (Not as good though. I had gotten it for 9.99 used a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I got it used from Gamefly around the holiday for either $10 or $12. Really fun game. The single player is like Bioshock while the multiplayer is like Left 4 Dead's vs mode.

Singularity is a extremely underrated game. If you like shooters, you should definitely give it a shot. It never got the promotion it deserved on release from Activision. Probably one of the most mishandled game launches ever.

Very good game, great single player campaign. The multiplayer is a lot of fun though, but it's mostly dead. It can be pretty hard to get into a game depending on the time of day.

[quote name='jbz']The game is pretty fun, but the ending was kind of a let down for me. I'm used to a huge epic boss/battle ending, but never really got one. Still a fun game.[/QUOTE]

Singularity was a welfare baby of Half-Life 2 and Bioshock. Needless to say it was all about the story. I really respect the fact that they didn't do something silly like a final boss battle. By the end of the game you're so buffed out that one guy really shouldn't be a threat to you. I think they knew that and went a more realistic approach that I very rarely see in games.

I got this "like new" at amazon for 8bucks. very underrated game. I actually like it better than bioshock 2.

Well everyone here seems to love the game, You guys are about to make me take my card out and order this game ! It does seem like a great experience to play through.

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']Definitely buying it for my boyfriend's birthday. Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

No prob, me and my people in the straight edge society look out for everyone :)

[quote name='hle078']i think this game has been at this price for a while[/QUOTE]

Yup, picked it up a couple of months ago and a 2nd copy in may for a bud at the same price. Shame people ignore this game.

Anyone who doesn't have this game yet has to give it a shot. Awesome story with fun gameplay and amazing vibe makes this a must play for any shooter fan.

Well its official, I just ordered my copy. From what everyone here saying it seems that this game is an underrated gem like vanquish (which was awsome). Thanks for the deep info on this game guys !

[quote name='Kerig']I'm tempted to say Singularity is this console generation's Second Sight.[/QUOTE]
Second Sight? I prefered Psi-Ops to Second Sight, though I owned both last gen.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well its official, I just ordered my copy. From what everyone here saying it seems that this game is an underrated gem like vanquish (which was awsome). Thanks for the deep info on this game guys ![/QUOTE]

You'll love it. Very good choice. Especially for that price.

[quote name='jbz']You guys might want to check our your Sears if you have one. I bought this on the PS3 for $4 in a Sears clearance bin. I've seen it at 3 of my local Sears ranging from $4 to $7.

The game is pretty fun, but the ending was kind of a let down for me. I'm used to a huge epic boss/battle ending, but never really got one. Still a fun game.[/QUOTE]

I was going to make that comment as well. I saw it for $7.98.

[quote name='Vap']You'll love it. Very good choice. Especially for that price.[/QUOTE]

I would but there is no sears near me so newegg will do just fine. Thanks for that info though

Just seeing this post makes me want to play through the game again. In fact, I may do that this upcoming weekend. It's a great experience!

If you're playing it for the first time, *please* do not rush through the game. Explore and take your time.

I've played way better ... Timeshift, for one.

The game doesn't clearly state that you have to equip passive abilities, so most people go through the game purchasing passive upgrades while never using them. Even when you divine how to do that without the game warning you about it, it's unbalanced difficult-wise. Normal is too easy and hard is frustrating.

On top of being poorly balanced it's poorly paced as well, and you can really tell that the developers rushed it through for a deadline that was out of their control towards the final quarter of the game as a lot of the polish and charm present in the beginning goes away entirely.

Actually, I am probably going to wait until it goes down to $10. I have a feeling it is going to hit that price on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I have a pretty big backlog right now anyway

Solid game. Strongly influenced by BioShock, admittedly, and not as good, but still definitely worth that price.

[quote name='afredmiller']Actually, I am probably going to wait until it goes down to $10. I have a feeling it is going to hit that price on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I have a pretty big backlog right now anyway[/QUOTE]
As someone said above, if you have a Sears by you with a copy of :ps3:Singularity in stock it's $10 there right now.

Got mine today, but it definitely wasn't "new". The disc was loose in the case and the instruction book was creased. It was obviously a used game that was re-wrapped as new. But then again, it doesn't actually say the game is new anywhere on the page (that I saw). Oh well, lesson learned.

[quote name='morrodox']Solid game. Strongly influenced by BioShock, admittedly, and not as good, but still definitely worth that price.[/QUOTE]

Its not as good as the first one, but I think its much better than the second Bioshock.

more interesting than bioshock 2.
better mechanics than metro 2033.
MP that played like a hybrid of TF2's class base/L4D's VS mode (albeit probably dead by now).
Overall, a solid game. Wouldn't say underrated, but more like underexposed.

bread's done
Back