The Official CAG August 2011 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
7Wp8g.jpg

Plants vs. Zombies, a pair of Sambas, a copy of Go Ask Alice, a friendly reminder that I'm 12k in medical debt (because I had forgotten for one second of my life, thanks, American healthcare!) and a pair of Sprayloud Classics. I know nothing of these headphones but they were cheap and look cool.

Also, I didn't buy it but I saw this shirt the other day and it made me LOL:
zCsez.jpg

Moar pictures people! Rawr :p

Ok guys just a big warning, pretty meaty post right here.

Playstation 3 games

DSC00507.jpg

Reading material

DSC00451.jpg

New phone: My boyfriend got tired of my EVO dying on me all the time, so he switched us over to ATT and got me an iPhone :D Already have an iPad, but I'm absolutely loving this phone, and the glittery purple case, and best of all, my charge lasts ALL DAY.

DSC00514.jpg

San Diego Comic Con swag and artwork

DSC00450.jpg

Framed the one that's signed by Adam Hughes.

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Liara print signed by Ali Hillis
DSC00471.jpg

Signed by Nolan North and Emily Rose :D
DSC00500.jpg

These were late pickup last month but thought I shouldn't bump that forum. These are pickups over several weeks, I tend to post like I collect, stock pile! Anyway.
Flea Market Finds:
Best find in a while. A box of Genesis games, game Genie, and a Nomad with all hookups! For $15! This guy also had a Japanese slot machine but it didn't work.
IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

All the Jaguar games were $1 each.
IMAG0070.jpg

Also found these board games while hunting
IMAG0075.jpg
Random local store pickups from a road trip
I feel stupid for picking this up since it was my second time buying this game. First time I returned it to Gamestop due to miscommunication on the B2G1 coupon. But when I went back for it, it was gone. Saw this copy at a local store.
IMAG0076.jpg

My girlfriend saw Eye of Judgement so she asked if they had any cards for it. He went to the back and pulled out this big bag of cards which he threw in with the game all for $10. At least 4 theme/elemental decks are there. + cheap ps1 games for $2-$4
IMAG0062.jpg

I stopped at this town's Record Exchange. Picked up some Atlus games that I didn't have. Also picked up the Warhammer 40k game to get pumped for Space Marine
IMAG0060.jpg
Comic book store and Border's closing "sale"
The best thing I found was a Game Master's review of Sonic for the 20th anniversary. Came with a bunch of cool goodies. The Sailor Moon plushie (for girlfriend) and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was from a comic shop (forgot this was coming out).
IMAG0057.jpg

Got all this awesomeness for $1 at Goodwill
IMAG0073.jpg
Dave & Busters
lol. farmed the tickets
IMAG0074.jpg
Also my girlfriend got Catherine Love is Over ed. and an Android phone. (obligatory Angry Birds download as well) sorry no pictures

109_1496.jpg

NES games came from CAG Indigo_Streetlight (check out his trade list for more!), Riviera came from a lowball, Gundam came from ebay, the DS games were purchased from a friend.

109_1498.jpg

Top three games are from the gohastings 40% off sale. Blazblue has some pretty bad damage to the insert, but it's nigh valueless anyway so I didn't bother to exchange it. Hoping to eventually trade my :360: Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for someone's :ps3: copy.

109_1500.jpg

Gamestop finds. Etrian Odyssey II! :eek:

Strangely enough, I walked into a Radio Shack and found 2 sealed copies of Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition for 360. Ended up buying both.

Picked up a Viewtiful Joe HMD shirt at a garage sale for 50 cents. Its really cool! Note: the one in this picture isnt mine, i just found this online. I'll take a pic of mine later and post it.

Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for $19.99 at Kmart. Now need to get rid of the vanilla edition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got the following from a pawn shop:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $9.99

Disgaea 3 $7.99

Kessen II $4.99, will be returning this

Pokemon Sapphire cart only $3.00
Turned out the internal battery has died, it can still save the game, but according to the in-game warning, time-based events won't work. Disappointing...

Last edited by a moderator:
First video game stuff I've bought in months:
2mha5jb.jpg

Bid on it for shits and giggles, not expecting to win. Was a steal compared to the one I bought back in January. This one's box isn't as mint, but it came with an extra sealed gold controller (first-party, not pictured), and was almost $300 less than what I paid for the other one. I also picked up the Ocarina of Time 3D guide.

I'm pretty bored today, and someone stuck a garage sale sign in my front yard so, on a whim, I decided to walk down and check it out.

k1YbX.jpg

:drool:

[quote name='CAG90210']Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for $19.99 at Kmart. Now need to get rid of the vanilla edition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

Got the following from a pawn shop:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $9.99

Disgaea 3 $7.99

Kessen II $4.99, will be returning this

Pokemon Sapphire cart only $3.00
Turned out the internal battery has died, it can still save the game, but according to the in-game warning, time-based events won't work. Disappointing...

Picked up 2x Darksiders for Xbox360, but I prefer the PS3 version, if anyway has a great copy and interested in trading, PM me.

Technically these are July's pickups, but most of them didn't get here until late July/early August. Quite a big month for me.

2yye6nt.jpg

Brutal Legend is from a yard sale.
Homefront, COD4, and Fight Night Round 3 are from Goozex.
Bayonetta and Bully are from goHastings.
Halo Reach, LEGO Harry Potter, and Dead Rising 2 are from BBV.
Borderlands GOTY, LA Noire, both Katamaris, Superbad, and Step Brothers are from CAGs.
Infamous 2 is from House Party.
Plants vs Zombies and Bloodstone 007 are from Gamestop.
I Am Legend is from Best Buy.

Not pictured are Sucker Punch, Adjustment Bureau, :ps3: Skate 3, :360: LIMBO/Trials HD/Splosion Man Triple Pack.

2011-08-06_10-35-39_577.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality...but this is basically late July/August pickups for me.

Got the GH:WOR guitar bundle at TRU during the sale, Mortal Kombat from a trade and Bleach: Soul Resurreccion just came out and I had to buy it.

[quote name='lmz00']First video game stuff I've bought in months:
2mha5jb.jpg

Bid on it for shits and giggles, not expecting to win. Was a steal compared to the one I bought back in January. This one's box isn't as mint, but it came with an extra sealed gold controller (first-party, not pictured), and was almost $300 less than what I paid for the other one. I also picked up the Ocarina of Time 3D guide.[/QUOTE]

I think your sealed N64 pick ups are my favorite :drool:

Managed to go to a random mom and pop gamestore today in augusta, maine and managed to snag Sim City SNES Factory Sealed for $10 not a bad deal if I'd say so myself. He was also selling a wii for $60 used but I passed up because it had a lot of cosmetic damage ( missing GC controller and memory card slot covers )

photo5cd.jpg

[quote name='meatwad3000']Managed to go to a random mom and pop gamestore today in augusta, maine and managed to snag Sim City SNES Factory Sealed for $10 not a bad deal if I'd say so myself. He was also selling a wii for $60 used but I passed up because it had a lot of cosmetic damage ( missing GC controller and memory card slot covers )

[/QUOTE]

you can get those slot covers for around $3 on ebay, I know because I had to purchase one when my gamecube slot cover on the Wii some how vanished ._.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']you can get those slot covers for around $3 on ebay, I know because I had to purchase one when my gamecube slot cover on the Wii some how vanished ._.[/QUOTE]

really , aww damn X_X The only other thing it needed was some goo gone to get rid of some of the apple stickers the previous owners slapped on the system $63 for an original white wii isn't a half bad price.

Always wanted to add to this...

KMFDM military shirt - $60
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box - $12
New DS3 MLB The Show 11 controller - $10
Super (blu-ray) - $20

[quote name='bardockkun']Always wanted to add to this...

KMFDM military shirt - $60
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box - $12
New DS3 MLB The Show 11 controller - $10
Super (blu-ray) - $20[/QUOTE]
Where did you get the PS3 controller for $10?!

[quote name='Tsel']Where did you get the PS3 controller for $10?![/QUOTE]
Sony Retail Loyalty site. If you work retail or did (they never asked me to reverify) you get discounts on Playstation 1st party products. So was able to get an MLB 2011 controller and a Silver one for my friend for $10 each. They also have Move controllers for that same price as well, but, well I don't even own a PS3. I Just wanted a controller just in case my friend's are low on one if we ever do any multiplayer gaming.

Long Overdue pickups.... (well some of em) ;)

picture.php

Catherine from Amazon, FNR4 & Gears (I know it is PH, but it is to boost Seriously) from GS, Got the 3 month and pts card from K-Mart deal, and got Source Code early (before it came out last month) and got Dexter yesterday (early too)

picture.php

Missed out on the Signed Litho when it came out. So rather than get raped on ebay, I bought the "mini" litho.

picture.php

Used the GS coupon to get a 3DS (traded in my DS Lite) and got Zelda. Not sure if I want the Blue one or if I want to wait for the red one...

picture.php

And my favorite pick up.... iPhone 4. Yes I know I could have waited for 5 but I didn't use my upgrade. My mother let me use hers so I still have mine. :D

Also got a new sig!

53b7fd93.jpg

Did a little used game shopping at GS with a few friends today, all games except 3D Dot Game Heroes are from there. GS didnt have 3D, but one of my friends I was with had it and told me if I paid for his Force Unleased (same GS price) he'd trade me it for 3D Dot. Iphone book was 50% off at a Borders sale.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Long Overdue pickups.... (well some of em) ;)

Also got a new sig![/QUOTE]

that signature is sweet
did you pay for that
looks so awesome, wish i could get one

gonna post some pick up this week
its gonna be sweet

[quote name='adriley313']that signature is sweet
did you pay for that
looks so awesome, wish i could get one

gonna post some pick up this week
its gonna be sweet[/QUOTE]

Nope just asked the guy and he was like that has some potential and boom he made it for me. I really like it :D

im jealous
i have a friend that was gonna work on a Psi Guy logo kinda like this Persona pic.

but he works too damn much and never has time

i need more graphic designer friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back