OTT addict 'dies from blood clot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredfornow

Banned
The family of a budding computer programmer have on Saturday launched a campaign to raise awareness about the health risks of posting on online message boards after their son died following a marathon session on the OTT.

A post-mortem revealed that 20-year-old Chris Staniforth -- who was offered a place to study Book -- was killed by a pulmonary embolism, which can occur if someone sits in the same position for several hours.

Deep vein thrombosis normally affects passengers on long-haul flights, but medical experts fear youngsters who spend hours glued to their computers might also be at risk and have urged them to take regular breaks.
Scary shit. Move those legs, men
and women :roll:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Scary shit. Move those legs, men
and women :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Darwinism. If this were thousands of years ago, he would have been eaten by a larger animal anyway because he was paying attention to something else instead of running.

And why was he "budding?" Ever notice that when someone young dies, they ALWAYS have a budding future full of potential? (Exceptions for stupid things like died while trying to rob someone.) He had a budding future as someone who sat on his ass for twelve straight hours and died.

No sympathy...

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']And here I am sitting for 12.5 hours a day five days a week (with a bonus 8 hours on the weekend).[/QUOTE]

We're ticking time bombs. :cool:

I love playing basketball and talking smack, without saying a word...Like today I grabbed the rebound, walked down the court, ignoring the fast break opportunity, pointed to the three point line where I was going to shoot as I crossed into the opponents side of the court, shot the ball, winked at the defender and turned around as I heard the sweet, sweet sound of nothing but ball against cotton.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm filled with blood clots and covered in cheeto dust![/QUOTE]
Do you smell of feet and your basement/room like a saltwater aquarium or sweaty fist full of coins?

Man, I thought today was going to suck but it went really well. I had to put on my big boy clothes and go to a meeting for one of my clients to discuss the massive problems in the system. It went well because a tech I havent met before basically said the thing that I have been saying for months. Your video system is held together by toothpaste and those black jellybeans that no one eats.

Then I found out that I was named employee of the month at another production companies and put in a newsletter/promo showcasing my "skillz" to all current and potential clients. Its odd because as a freelancer....I am not an actual employee of said company but they did give me a check for it.

Let see if I can get lucky with the wife tonight and we will call this a solid 9 out of 10 day.

Saw an interesting diamond today.

.77, G color but SI2. There was a slight imperfection that the jeweler said he could cover with a prong (like Chikas).

The best part? It's not GIA certified...yet. So he wants 2,500 and he'll send it out to be certified for free.

Seriously considering this one.

Meeting was partially what I expected. Both weekend days are open which means I'm looking at a possible 76 hour work week from here on out. Sunday will likely be my last day off for the next few months.

[quote name='Number83'] I heard the sweet, sweet sound of nothing but ball against cotton.[/QUOTE]

You can hear that whenever I walk.

[quote name='seanr1221']Watched source code. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

I was pleasantly surprised by that movie. Between that and Moon I'm really starting to love Duncan Jones / Zowie Bowie.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Let see if I can get lucky with the wife tonight and we will call this a solid 9 out of 10 day.[/QUOTE]

Is she a woman of color? If so, what are we talkin here, mocha? Hazlenut? Caramel? Onyx? Straight hair or perm?

So should I get a 40" Sylvania for $399 or a 42 inch RCA for $418?

I asked the wife if two extra inches made a differences fully knowing my response would be riotous laughter.

Finished playing my first run of Catherine. Took about 14 hours. Great story. I'm sure skipping the cut scenes will cut the play time by half

Back to a shitty job at my mom's work again. I already want to kill myself.

I am glad I stopped at the record store on my way home though. I found super nice copies of Led Zeppelin IV, the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour, and Derek and the Dominos Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

[quote name='Maklershed']
Is she a woman of color? If so, what are we talkin here, mocha? Hazlenut? Caramel? Onyx? Straight hair or perm?[/QUOTE]

She is not, she is one part Mexican one part German with a splash of Scottish from her father. Shaken not stirred.

enhanced-buzz-27715-1311878337-14.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-laziest-cosplayers-of-comic-con-2011

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Okay, this is bugging the hell out of me: why is there an apostrophe in the thread title?[/QUOTE]:lol: I just copied everything the way it was. No idea either.

[quote name='seanr1221']Saw an interesting diamond today.

.77, G color but SI2. There was a slight imperfection that the jeweler said he could cover with a prong (like Chikas).

The best part? It's not GIA certified...yet. So he wants 2,500 and he'll send it out to be certified for free.

Seriously considering this one.[/QUOTE]

Did you go to a local, private jeweler? Why isn't it certified? That sounds a bit shady. Before you pull the plug, take a trip in to NYC to the diamond district, it's only 2 hours drive.

[quote name='Chika']Did you go to a local, private jeweler? Why isn't it certified? That sounds a bit shady. Before you pull the plug, take a trip in to NYC to the diamond district, it's only 2 hours drive.[/QUOTE]

It's a private jeweler and it's all but certified. It will be certified in 3 weeks and will still be 2,500.00. The reason it's not 500-700.00 more is because it's not certified yet.

He cut it from a .9 down to a .77. The .9 one was messed up on the one side.

The video quality for Eastbound and Down is kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a better release. Can't complain too much when you get a free T-shirt and it is only 20 bucks.

[quote name='Maklershed']

Is she a woman of color? If so, what are we talkin here, mocha? Hazlenut? Caramel? Onyx? Straight hair or perm?[/QUOTE]

I fail to see what the point of that question is unless you're trying to create a very specific fantasy in your head.

Going to have to see if I can find my :ps3: RWY cables tonight to play on the small TV.

[quote name='seanr1221']I think Mak gets jungle fever.[/QUOTE]

I've been infected with it for nearly 15 years with no cure in sight.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The video quality for Eastbound and Down is kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a better release. Can't complain too much when you get a free T-shirt and it is only 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That's sad to hear I was gonna get my bluRay copy and tee tomorrow but I guess I'll go with DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back