Newegg Now: $27.99 Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition Xbox 360, possible $17.99

karyadi

CAGiversary!
It's actually back in-stock, so that's pretty cool. Link If you get a pre-order + NEWCUSTOMER10, you'll get $10 off(your cart has to be $50). You need a new account and you don't get charged for the pre-order till it ships. You could always cancel the pre-order as well but I would let it process first.

It's a few cents cheaper than Amazon, at standard price but with the code it's $17.99 as opposed to Amazon's $28.51

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgr76']Isnt this still $20 at Kmart and why do i know this? Damn CAG is addictive.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to find copies though. Best Buy has it for $9 but it's a clearance item so you can't search online for store locations since it's not even on the site anymore. It's nice that it's back in-stock at Newegg. For how long? I don't know but yep CAG is addictive lol I spent more these past few months than I've done in the past year.

So could I pre order something and buy points card in the same transaction , then cancel my pre order so I can get $10 off my points card?

[quote name='Vap']So could I pre order something and buy points card in the same transaction , then cancel my pre order so I can get $10 off my points card?[/QUOTE]

That seems like the situation, but I didn't want to cancel the MW3 or Halo discounts I got. It doesn't have to be Dragon Age to make your order $50. I've only done this twice.

[quote name='karyadi']That seems like the situation, but I didn't want to cancel the MW3 or Halo discounts I got. It doesn't have to be Dragon Age to make your order $50. I've only done this twice.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I think I'm going to do this then. Especially with the $45 sale they're having with points.

You'll get about 114.28 points per dollar. I guess that's worth it but this was pretty much for Dragon Age but okay lol I don't nitpick.

[quote name='karyadi']You'll get about 114.28 points per dollar. I guess that's worth it but this was pretty much for Dragon Age but okay lol I don't nitpick.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah sorry about that. Thanks for doing the math for me,I'm going to jump on the points. Back on topic,this is a great price for DA for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

[quote name='Vap']Lol yeah sorry about that. Thanks for doing the math for me,I'm going to jump on the points. Back on topic,this is a great price for DA for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.[/QUOTE]

It is the same price on amazon; for both versions

[quote name='karyadi']It's actually back in-stock, so that's pretty cool. Link If you get a pre-order + NEWCUSTOMER10, you'll get $10 off(your cart has to be $50). You need a new account and you don't get charged for the pre-order till it ships. You could always cancel the pre-order as well but I would let it process first.

It's a few cents cheaper than Amazon, at standard price but with the code it's $17.99 as opposed to Amazon's $28.51[/QUOTE]

That trick to get the code sounds like fraud. Also, smart companies will only refund you the value of the cancelled item minus the coupon code so that you pay list price for the item you're trying to cheat the system on.

The code's term is if your cart is $50 or more, it was never a $50 purchase to begin with. I don't want to argue but that's what it states. You don't HAVE to buy it that way, either way it's still cheaper. So if it's a "Fraud", then they would first adjust what the code states.

Last but not least, if you DON'T have to do it that way. I'm just stating that's an option for getting the game or any item cheaper on that site. If you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that. ;)

[quote name='karyadi']It's hard to find copies though. Best Buy has it for $9 but it's a clearance item so you can't search online for store locations since it's not even on the site anymore. It's nice that it's back in-stock at Newegg. For how long? I don't know but yep CAG is addictive lol I spent more these past few months than I've done in the past year.[/QUOTE]

My local Best Buy lied to me about this and made me jump through a bunch of hoops in an attempt to get this game for 9.99. First visit: employee said there were 7 copies in stock, but that he couldn't find any. Got a raincheck. Second visit: employees said that the game had been out of stock since December (LOL :roll:), asked to talk to a manager and he told me that they will not be getting the game back in ever and took down the sign that said it was 9.99.

In short, good luck trying to find it at Best Buy. There are enough options for gaming that they have lost my business.

Hmm, is there anything i can preorder so i can get free shipping in with the game too? $20 is my set price for the game.

[quote name='Jurassic425']My local Best Buy lied to me about this and made me jump through a bunch of hoops in an attempt to get this game for 9.99. First visit: employee said there were 7 copies in stock, but that he couldn't find any. Got a raincheck. Second visit: employees said that the game had been out of stock since December (LOL :roll:), asked to talk to a manager and he told me that they will not be getting the game back in ever and took down the sign that said it was 9.99.

In short, good luck trying to find it at Best Buy. There are enough options for gaming that they have lost my business.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I posted this up. I had a hell of a time finding this at a lower price as well since most retailers pulled the 360 one off the shelf and $30 was a bit of a hassle for me for no yields. I must of went to at least 15 Best Buys in the hottest week of the summer. I just decided to buy it from Origin/EA during their deal since I thought Newegg wouldn't have it in-stock.

[quote name='GARlock']Hmm, is there anything i can preorder so i can get free shipping in with the game too? $20 is my set price for the game.[/QUOTE]

Um.. most of the E3 games are like $30+ so that would work. I think Halo and MW3 puts you in the clear since I doubt they'll have anymore promotions so you don't worry about having your order not having the discount.

[quote name='karyadi']

Um.. most of the E3 games are like $30+ so that would work. I think Halo and MW3 puts you in the clear since I doubt they'll have anymore promotions so you don't worry about having your order not having the discount.[/QUOTE]

Puts me in the clear, sure, but then i can't get the free shipping.

It should be free shipping though, they have free shipping on all their items. Maybe it's your area? I get free shipping in your area. Not sure when it's not free.

FYI, this is now $27.99 on Amazon as well. So basically the same price for anyone who can't get the newcustomer10 code to work on newegg.

Everytime I add a preorder with the points card Im forced to get $4.99 shipping. Really freaking annoying.

bread's done
Back