Games you consider to be gems on the Wii

EdgeOfThorns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
For me i have a few, one is Arc Rise Fantasia despite how it didnt get raving reviews...i really enjoy the game.

Dawn of Discovery for Wii is another game that just feels right, its fun, they really hit the mark with this installment of the game for Wii.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn to me is probably my all time favorite Wii game, its Fire Emblem...what more can be said.

Metroid Prime Trilogy...granted its 3 games rolled into one but this collection i feel is priceless, just a great collection to have no matter what.

Those are some of my choices, yours?

The only games we ever play on our Wii anymore are all the Rockband or Guitar Hero games...and they're usually cheaper on Wii. Since the Wii is in our basement...we don't have all those damn instruments laying all over the living room--nor do we have to hear all the off-key singing/pings of wrong notes. All of the other games everyone lost interest in...especially since everyone has an Xbox and gameplay in general is easier.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
No More Heroes 1 & 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Metroid Prime 3
LOZ: Twilight Princess
Dead Space Extraction
House of the Dead: Overkill

The wii has had some great games.

I second Fire Emblem. Best game on the system by far. The Marios and Kirbys and DKs are great, but nothing comes close to Radiant Dawn

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Sports/Resort (you know it's true)
RE4
Okami
Boom Blox
Lost In Shadow
Little King's Story
Zak & Wiki
Punch-Out!!

There are a bunch of really nice games for the Wii among the waves and waves and waves of total shit. I need to check out Fire Emblem at some point I guess.

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Resident Evil 4, even though I found the Wii version to be easier
Goldeneye
Silent Hill:Shattered Memories

(there's more but I'm just listing things people haven't said)
A boy and his blob
Tales of Symphonia: from the new world (thought its not as good as the first, that's practically impossible to do, since the first one is one of the best games ever, at the very least one of the very best from the series)

A lot of the games I would have listed have already been mentioned, so I'll just add a few that haven't.

Mario Kart
Excitebots: Trick Racing (highly underrated imo)
Need For Speed Nitro
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (if you like golf games)
Super Paper Mario
Mario Party 8
Warioware: Smooth Moves

Mario Galaxy 1 blew my mind when I first played it (I rank it my second favorite game ever). Mario Galaxy 2 was just more of the same (still a good game). I also really like RE4 on the wii. It played so great!

Zack & Wiki
No More Heroes
De Blob
Punch-Out!!!
Excitebots
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Monster Hunter Tri
Little King's Story

I actually picked up Monsger Hunter Tri and it seems pretty interesting. Only played it for a bit but love those type of games. Also nabbed Wii Sports Resort(30 bucks used really?). I saw Metroid Prime Trilogy but gamestop is INSANE asking 70 bucks used! Super Mario Galaxy was also on my list of pickups but waiting till 8/28 for the Nintendo Player Selects version. They want 35 used, it will be new for 20.

Keepthe suggestions coming, i need me some games!

Playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time on the Wii was an experience I'll never forget. After the letdown that was Sunshine, it was awesome :)

We Love Golf
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
Klonoa
The Munchables
Excitebots: Trick Racing

Some that may or may not have been mentioned. Should be cheap now-- all of 'em.

I consider Super Smash Bros Brawl to be one of the greatest (if not greatest) games ever made. I cant even explain how many hours my friends and I got out of that game. I remember the night it came out, we camped out for the midnight launch and didnt go to sleep last night because we were playing it. We were first in line at the midnight launch. There were 12, and we already had multiple TVs and Wiis ready to go for when we got back. It was awesome.

I'm not the most avid Wii fan, but of the game's on the console, I'll list these as some of my favorites:

Metroid Prime Trilogy (what's not to love about 3 amazing games in one nice package?)

Wario Land : Shake It (Classic 2D platformer with only slight use of the motion controller)

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Amazing new control scheme for RE4, as well as the fact that it combines the brilliant graphics of the GCN version with the bonus content from the PS2 version)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (The definitive Smash Bros. game)

Super Mario Bros. Wii (Classic 2D platforming that's a blast with friends)

Zak and Wiki (terribly underrated adventure/puzzle game, incredibly charming)

Goldeneye 007 (a great homage to the original Goldeneye, even though it isn't as good)

Games I've still been meaning to try:

House of the Dead series on Wii

Resident Evil Chronicles series

Ivy the Kiwi (I have it but haven't played it yet)

Super Paper Mario

Out of the 27 Wii games I own, I consider the following solid to AAA games -

Wario Land: Shake it! (Solid platformer. Was pretty cheap to get for awhile and good fun)

Mario Galaxy 1+2 (Both are classics. Nintendo really outdid themselves with the sequel. Check out the rankings on gamerankings and metacritic! Perhaps the best platformers of all time to date.)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Really solid fighter. Had a lot of fun with it.)

No More Heroes 1+2 (NMH 1 was a good game, and NMH2 was even better. Honestly It's my favorite game on the Wii not made by Nintendo.)

House Of The Dead: Overkill (For some reason I love this game. Maybe It's because of Isaac Washington?)

Okami

Mario Kart

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Smash Brothers Brawl

Games I wish I had the money for/want to get eventually that got really good reviews/nice impressions from what I saw:

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kirbys Epic Yarn
A Boy and His Blob (Was'nt there a sequel coming to this?)
Xenoblade Chronicles (When it hits the US)
Punch Out !!
Zelda: Skyward Sword

Besides the games previous posters have already listed:

Endless Ocean 1 and 2--LOL, I think the slogan for these games should be: "The Closest Thing Your Broke Ass Is Going To Get For a Vacation."

Eh, the only thing Endless Ocean did for me was make me appreciate HD gaming more. lol

I think most are just listing "great games on the Wii" not true 'gems,' IMO. It's a fine line, but I'd define that as games that are just a pure delight to play where you just have a shit-eating grin on your face the whole time. So yeah, there are great games(Metroid, Boom Blox, Z&W, Pikmin, WiiSports, RE4, etc), but a few rise above that. Here are my 'gems:'

Okami - Sorry I missed this on PS2, but I think the vibe of the game is better suited to the vibrant "refresh" on the Wii and once you got the painting down with the

Kirby's Epic Yarn - if you can't enjoy this game you need to see the wizard about getting yourself a heart.

Excite Truck - Enjoyed this more than Burnout Paradise & Motorstorm and prefer it over the more gimmicky ExciteBots. The custom soundtrack also give it an edge over 'bots.'

Super Mario Galaxy - I think 2 is a better, more polished game with more variety, but it's hard to shake the "been-there-done-that" feeling. The first was just a unique experience that a Mario game hadn't provided since Mario 64. I also preferred the overworld in the first to the generic 2D map design of the second.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Never played the first, but the second was the perfect 3D platformer.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Ungodly cute and fun game even tho it was quite easy. Had some good times with my son with this game.

Okami - Liked it so much, I bought the art book

Zach & Wiki - Underappreciated puzzle game

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - very pretty side scroller (What? No one mentioned it yet?)

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - A shocker that it came out here and a pretty good fighter to boot.

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - The Wii version took advantage of the motion controls quite well for its unique story.

Games that I haven't played enough of to judge yet:

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Other M
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
No More Heroes 2
Little King's Story

Last year I sold every Wii game I had except one:

-House of the Dead: Overkill

It's a great party game and has a lot of replay value since you have to play through it multiple times to unlock weapons.

I just re-bought Super Mario Galaxy to give it a 2nd chance. I tried it when it first came out and found it too difficult to judge where I was jumping resulting in constant frustration.

I also re-bought Super Paper Mario which I loved the 1st time I played it and wanted to add back to my collection.

[quote name='pjarvi']Last year I sold every Wii game I had except one:

-House of the Dead: Overkill

It's a great party game and has a lot of replay value since you have to play through it multiple times to unlock weapons.

I just re-bought Super Mario Galaxy to give it a 2nd chance. I tried it when it first came out and found it too difficult to judge where I was jumping resulting in constant frustration.

I also re-bought Super Paper Mario which I loved the 1st time I played it and wanted to add back to my collection.[/QUOTE]

if u like overkill, then u will like resident evil UC and DC. Im stilling looking for darkside..........

I really enjoyed Warioland Shake it. Very entertaining, easy going kind of game that I got a lot of value out of. I also really enjoyed Metroid Other M until what I think is the last boss, which I couldn't seem to beat. Loved it up to that point, though, and that was a pretty good amount of entertainment. I know most people seemed to not like that game, but I really liked it (yes, the story was dumb, but I've yet to encounter a video game that didn't have an incredibly stupid story, so it didn't bother me. It was amusing in it's own stupid sort of way).

My library rents Wii games for free so I have been playing quite a few titles lately

Endless ocean 2 is ridiculously good, everyone needs to try that one.

Opoona

Wario Smooth Moves

Okami

The prices on Wii games seem to be coming down especially on the used market and with the release of Nintendo Selects, now is a great time to pick up all the games you missed.

I say all the Nintendo Selects released so far. A particular game I consider as gems would be Ghost Squad, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, and Sin & Punishment 2.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I say all the Nintendo Selects released so far. A particular game I consider as gems would be Ghost Squad, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, and Sin & Punishment 2.[/QUOTE]

I got sin and punishment 2. great game!
How is ghost squad?

I have resident evil UC, but no DC yet...

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Mario Galaxy 1,2
No More Heroes 1,2
Xenoblade Chronicles

I just bought Monster Hunter Tri on Monday, in the backlog for now :D.

I agree the Nintendo selects are the gems not that there aren't others, now if they would only get SSB and Mario Kart in that lineup. The only one I wouldn't call a gem is Animal Crossing, unless you have never played it before. If you have played it, expect it to be nearly the same game.

Add me to the list of those who love Wario: Shake it!

I would consider this game a diamond in the rough. I love platformers, and this one had lots of depth and replay value (100% is tough but not impossible). Sure you can breeze through the game to the final boss, but finding all the treasure and completing all the missions takes time and never seems tedious. Most of the puzzles are straight forward but some are difficult and take serious thought.

Its also a graphically beautiful game with a relaxing musical score.

If you play platform games Wario is a must-own on the Wii

Also not obscure but I really enjoyed completing Excite Truck 100% another must-own

bread's done
Back