Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Ryuukishi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
borderlands_2_logo.jpg

Latest Shift Codes (Golden Keys and other bonuses)!

Coming September 18, 2012, to Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Reviews:

GameShampoo, 9/10
Destructoid, 8.5/10
Eurogamer, 9/10
GameTrailers, 9.2/10
Joystiq, 4.5/5
IGN, 9/10

[quote name='Game Informer']Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content. The game is set for a release in 2K Games' fiscal year 2013, which begins April 1, 2012, and ends March 31, 2013.
[/quote]

Some key information from the various previews so far:

• As in Borderlands, there will be four characters and 4-player co-op. The four characters will be new; the original Vault Hunters will return as NPCs. 2-player splitscreen will be able to go online. All vehicles will support four riders.
  • Classes retain the 3-branch skill trees, but will focus more on unique skills than stat boosts.
  • Save files can/will be stored in the "cloud," allowing you to access your character from any location. It's not yet clear if this will be mandatory for online play and what the ramifications are for gun duping and editing.
  • Story missions can be permanently failed through certain actions or by taking too long to complete the mission, which can then affect the plot.
  • Enemies will make better use of cover and can interact with and buff one another.
  • The weapon manufacturers from Borderlands will return, with the addition of a homemade "bandit" brand. Each brand will be more unique and distinctive in design, types, and capabilities. Class mods and elemental artifacts will return. A new Eridium currency will be used for weapon upgrades and character buffs.
  • The story...
    takes place five years after Borderlands. The main antagonist will be a man named Handsome Jack, the CEO of Hyperion who became rich and powerful by plundering the contents of the Vault. His base of operations is believed to be on Pandora's moon.

Characters/Classes

• Salvador, Gunzerker. His class ability is dual-wielding.
  • Maya, Siren. Her class ability is "Phaselock."
  • Axton, Commando
  • Zero, Assassin
  • Gaige, Mechromancer (DLC class, free with preorder)

Legendary Drops

Previews

Game Informer cover story hub

Info Roundup thread on Gearbox forums (summarizes key points from previews)

Wikis

Special Editions
  • Deluxe Vault Hunters Edition, $99.99, includes Marcus Kincaid Bobblehead
    600x-1
  • Ultimate Loot Chest Edition, comes in replica loot chest
    600x-1

DLC
  • Mechromancer character class, paid DLC to be released 10/16/2012, will be free with Borderlands 2 preorder
  • Borderlands 2 Premiere Club DLC with preorder
    600x-1
  • Gamestop preorder bonus: Creature Slaughter Dome + Moxxi's Rocket Launcher
  • Exclusive character customization unlocks if the game detects a Borderlands 1 save
  • Season Pass: Costs $30, includes four $10 campaign DLC packs which will be released through June 2013

Media

Full Game Informer September cover image:
sepcoverblspread.jpg

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Come and Get Me

An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock

Launch trailer

Gaige

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cannot wait. I just hope Gearbox keeps the basic gameplay and the pace intact. A lot of fan feedback to Borderlands seems to be asking for greater customization and RPG elements. Some of that is fine, but too much of it and the game becomes a Fallout 3 clone instead of a fast-paced, streamlined FPS with RPG/questing elements.

Also, I need Lilith back. :)[/QUOTE]

I really just want them to keep everything from the first game, but just add a story that's more in depth. The only thing I don't want to see is another Underdome add-on ;)

Awesome! Call me crazy but one of the things I loved about the first installment was the fact that the story did suck. I know that sounds crazy, but it was nice to play a game with buddies where we could go looting, achievement whoring, and just have fun shooting things without anything in depth or having to deal with a lot of dialogue or cutscenes.
Also - I'm on the fence about dual wielding. I'm sure it will have it's benefits and drawbacks - ie not being able to look down the sites obviously. But who actually shot down the sites with most guns in the first game?

ALSO - I can't wait for more of that Gearbox humor!

[quote name='Bonesinski']Awesome! Call me crazy but one of the things I loved about the first installment was the fact that the story did suck. I know that sounds crazy, but it was nice to play a game with buddies where we could go looting, achievement whoring, and just have fun shooting things without anything in depth or having to deal with a lot of dialogue or cutscenes.
Also - I'm on the fence about dual wielding. I'm sure it will have it's benefits and drawbacks - ie not being able to look down the sites obviously. But who actually shot down the sites with most guns in the first game?

ALSO - I can't wait for more of that Gearbox humor![/QUOTE]

Agreed it was the Diablo with guns game that made it into what it was. However I bet they'd do a better job with the pacing and end of the game since they learned their lesson the first time. I'm glad Gearbox supported Borderlands with a slew of DLC and I can't wait to play the sequel. I used the zoom feature, look down the sights to target the enemy's vulnerable spots, all the time. Just tap the zoom while firing and you'll just dominate. I bet if you were dual wielding the power or damage would make up for the loss of accuracy zooming onto an enemy.

I'm really excited about this announcement, but when I looked at the GI cover, I couldn't help but think of Crackdown 2. Either way, Borderlands was one of my top 3 games this gen, so I'll be getting this for sure.

[quote name='myl0r']I'm really excited about this announcement, but when I looked at the GI cover, I couldn't help but think of Crackdown 2. Either way, Borderlands was one of my top 3 games this gen, so I'll be getting this for sure.[/QUOTE]

At least Borderlands 2 is being developed by it's original developer, unlike Crackdown 2 ;)

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']At least Borderlands 2 is being developed by it's original developer, unlike Crackdown 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

True. I'm really not sure why I thought of Crackdown 2, maybe it's the art style mixed with the character they displayed, but I did. I've not played through Crackdown 2, but I enjoyed what I did, just not as much as I did the original.

That all aside, I have faith Borderlands 2 will be worth picking up on release day.

Will be picking this up day one. I hope the story's better and there are more options for customizing your characters' appearance.

Absolutely a day one purchase. Games like the first Borderlands are why it is still fun to play. This announcement may even spur me to finish the DLC. I only completed Dr Ned and some of the Secret Armory.

Yes, very excited for this. Hopefully I'll be done with the plethora of games coming out this fall by then, and this will only be competing for my time with ME3.

so I'm wagering a guess, the new box art that TRU won't advertise will be a bandit blowing his head off from both sides. (snickers)

great news. if there's another underdome riot DLC, I hope they at least have progress check points so it's not a 3-4 hour marathon where you pray your net connection doesn't fart.

[quote name='100xp']so I'm wagering a guess, the new box art that TRU won't advertise will be a bandit blowing his head off from both sides. (snickers)

great news. if there's another underdome riot DLC, I hope they at least have progress check points so it's not a 3-4 hour marathon where you pray your net connection doesn't fart.[/QUOTE]
If there is an Underdom riot in this one I want a story (something like a cross between the Warriors and Unreal Tournament), checkpoints, and better weapon drops! Every single weapon dropped during that was complete shit and I wasn't even using the low leveled host exploit.

Oh jeez, I hope they can give us a decent singleplayer this time. I really wanted to like the first game, but I didn't have anyone to play it with, so I was bored out of my freakin' mind.

you were basically paying for extra skill points and a bank in Underdome and some eye candy. considering everything else Borderlands related was awesome, I didn't mind Underdome riot so much. Granted there wasn't much story outside the cutscenes...especially since I bought it when it was on sale. It's a lot like the DA:O DLC that gives you armor and a storage chest.

The Underdome was fun, but there was just too much of it. Shorter rounds and higher difficulty spikes with each round would have made it more interesting. And gun drops that didn't completely suck.

what needs to be in

better driving
more pieces to guns
more skills
maybe the ability to use all guns, but with a few tweaks/bonus/stipulation
better weapons drops/finds
HIGHER shields/weapon power
harder lower level enemies

I didn't care about gun drops between waves because you can farm Crawmerax or any chest run over and over and over again.

An extended skill tree, more classes, and the option to play male/female for each one is what I'm looking for. Once you hit 69 you can pretty much have points in every skill.

Hopefully they'll input something to track our Borderlands 1 game saves and reward us with something. Maybe something carrying over or what not. Either way, can't wait!

[quote name='dotCody']Am I the only one that didn't like Borderlands? =\[/QUOTE]
Nope. I didn't hate it by any means, but I really didn't enjoy myself. The humor was great and I enjoyed several of the characters and the way they told what little story there was. But I couldn't stand all of the constant backtracking and respawning enemies. I know it's a lot more fun when playing with a couple of friends, but having to kill hundreds of zombies over and over again by yourself is insanely tedious. If I could've turned the respawn rate WAY down, I think I really would've liked the game.

at least zombie brain collection was definite so long as you scored a crit on them, which was very easy. even a shotgun to the face could net you a brain. You get a zombie brain, you see your progress, you know how many more you need to complete the quest...and in multiplayer a concerted effort makes it less painful.

the random and ultra rare collection achievements in Clap Trap Rev is mind numbing, especially since there is no way to view your progress outside of marking it down physically to keep track.

[quote name='100xp']I didn't care about gun drops between waves because you can farm Crawmerax or any chest run over and over and over again.

An extended skill tree, more classes, and the option to play male/female for each one is what I'm looking for. Once you hit 69 you can pretty much have points in every skill.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I didn't care about the drops between waves either after Knoxx came out, but I bought Underdome just a couple days after it came out and was seriously disappointed about the crappy weapons between waves.

The collection cheevs sucked ass for Claptrap. I really don't think there's any real way to get them outside of farming Minac. I put at least 40 hours into that DLC and only got the bobblehead one and had to resort to faming Minac.

[quote name='100xp']at least zombie brain collection was definite so long as you scored a crit on them, which was very easy. even a shotgun to the face could net you a brain. You get a zombie brain, you see your progress, you know how many more you need to complete the quest...and in multiplayer a concerted effort makes it less painful.

the random and ultra rare collection achievements in Clap Trap Rev is mind numbing, especially since there is no way to view your progress outside of marking it down physically to keep track.[/QUOTE]
I don't care about achievements, so I wasn't even trying to get them and the game was still tedious as hell. I understand that it's meant to be played with friends that it's more enjoyable that way, but I think if they're going to include singleplayer, they should tweak it so us loners can have fun too. Hopefully the sequel will be more to my liking...I'm definitely renting it first.

I think Borderlands worked well as a single player game where you can just zone the fuck out and kill/collect stuff. I have a blast when I'm playing it and not actively thinking about it.

[quote name='timesplitt']maybe the ability to use all guns, but with a few tweaks/bonus/stipulation[/QUOTE]

You can use any gun as any player, do you mean class mods?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Hopefully they'll input something to track our Borderlands 1 game saves and reward us with something. Maybe something carrying over or what not. Either way, can't wait![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Carrying over guns would be awesome, but I don't know how they would handle bringing over level 60+ weapons at the beginning of the new game.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't care about achievements, so I wasn't even trying to get them and the game was still tedious as hell. I understand that it's meant to be played with friends that it's more enjoyable that way, but I think if they're going to include singleplayer, they should tweak it so us loners can have fun too. Hopefully the sequel will be more to my liking...I'm definitely renting it first.[/QUOTE]

How far did you get? The first time I beat the game, I played solo and it did seem a little tedious until you got to the big area where you fight Skagzilla, then it was a lot better. They seemed to really drag out the "learning the game" missions at the beginning.

Loved the first. I beat it solo and had a blast. Unfortunately the person I was playing co-op with has zero attention span and could not figure out what he was supposed to do with the multiple quests we had. I'm getting this day one!

Can't wait to play this game. I loved the first and have all the achievements for it. It was something different then what I was used to playing with the RPG elements mixed in, so this will definitely be a first day purchase for me.

The only thing I would want them to change is the ability to actually customize your guns. Finding new guns was always cool, but there were times where I had a gun I really liked and wanted to use it if it had one small change. I'd usually end up using a slightly weaker gun with better ammo capacity over a more powerful one. Since the guns were randomized in the first place, and you had a chance to get an awesome combo, I want the ability to upgrade my current guns.

They could make it hard to do, or expensive as a way to balance out the upgrade. They weren't really worried about balance in the first place.

[quote name='Ziv']The only thing I would want them to change is the ability to actually customize your guns. Finding new guns was always cool, but there were times where I had a gun I really liked and wanted to use it if it had one small change. I'd usually end up using a slightly weaker gun with better ammo capacity over a more powerful one. Since the guns were randomized in the first place, and you had a chance to get an awesome combo, I want the ability to upgrade my current guns.

They could make it hard to do, or expensive as a way to balance out the upgrade. They weren't really worried about balance in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a loot game, so I don't really want them to let you upgrade guns. I guess if they made you go and loot the materials needed to do so that would be okay.

I can agree with being able to change the gun cosmetically though. A different sight or color, etc.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think Borderlands worked well as a single player game where you can just zone the fuck out and kill/collect stuff. I have a blast when I'm playing it and not actively thinking about it.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, maybe, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I'm not the type to really zone out and play mindlessly. If that ever does happen, I usually end up falling asleep. Parenthood tends to make you constantly tired, so active stimulation is needed to get through the day.

[quote name='blindinglights']How far did you get? The first time I beat the game, I played solo and it did seem a little tedious until you got to the big area where you fight Skagzilla, then it was a lot better. They seemed to really drag out the "learning the game" missions at the beginning.[/QUOTE]
I beat the game and Zombie Island. I may have finished some of the other DLC, but I honestly don't remember. I think I might've stopped playing somewhere in the middle of Secret Armory; I don't think I've played Underdome or Robot Revolution yet (I'm waiting until my buddy gets back from Iraq).

I enjoyed the Skagzilla area and I also enjoyed several portions of Zombie Island; there were just so many portions where it felt more like a chore than a game. I mean, I don't play FPS games online because I think it's incredibly pointless to spend all day exchanging fire with random people and that's what Borderlands felt like to me. The incessant killing greatly dominated over the storyline.

Some of those boss battles were pretty awesome, though.

[quote name='blindinglights']You can use any gun as any player, do you mean class mods?[/QUOTE]
now that i remember you can use all weapons. i do still remember though opening 1,000 crates and having a higher chance of getting rocket and snipers and getting annoyed by it

I really hope they don't just decide to slap a second equip hand and call it a day. The few things that could've made the first game so much better is armor equips, more RPG elements and more to do after leveling up, and just more meaningful quests + story.

the biggest things i'd like to see added is armor and story though. the first game was fun as hell, just feel like adding armor drops to loot would make it so much more addicting.

I'm pretty sure that Gearbox won't just end their additions to this with a second equip hand, they seem to really know what could be better from the original game and I beleive they'll fix it.

Borderlands 2 is bumpin' up the brutality with new details, courtesy of the latest issue of GameInformer. Co-op will remain four-player, but the enemy and NPC AI has been revved to support a more interactive environment, with friendlies offering dialogue and bandits carrying weapons unique to their class. Eridium, a new element, will serve as currency and a means of upgrading weapons and vehicles, we assume by duct-taping it to whichever item you wish to improve.

The original Borderlands characters will be NPCs in the Gearbox sequel, but we do have a small amount of details on a new character, the dwarf Salvador, who is pictured above. A Gunzerker, Salvador will be able to dual-wield any weapon, all while sporting a sweet beard. Borderlands 2 will use all new weapons, each designed to fit the personalities of their in-game manufacturers, and the story will feature dynamic missions, making factors such as time critical to your success.

Borderlands 2 is expected to launch in Take-Two's fiscal year 2013, which begins April 1, 2012. But most importantly, Claptrap will be back, we hope with some new dance moves.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/06/borderlands-2-starring-salvador-the-dwarf-and-a-dump-of-new-det/

bread's done
Back