various PS3 slim face plates $9.99 at gamestop B&M new

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I couldn't find any pictures of this but it basically looks something like this... I saw little big planet, GT 5 and GOW 3 cases in store, they looking pretty sweet. These are all 9.99 each except the GOW 3 one

Only they come in a shell case not sticker decal

$%28KGrHqMOKiME31HVijwBBN-,+T5ECQ%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm going after the Arkham Asylum one![/QUOTE]

Where did u see that? I can only find the 3 that the OP mentioned.

So let me get this straight, these are basically a big piece of plastic that has "PS3" cut out so it can be placed over the system?

I would get one of these just to use as a dust cover for my slim PS3.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Is there anywhere to get custom plastic faceplates made, like there are for the decal versions?[/QUOTE]

I would check etsy.com you can request it if its not done, buy one of these primer it and ship it.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So let me get this straight, these are basically a big piece of plastic that has "PS3" cut out so it can be placed over the system?

I would get one of these just to use as a dust cover for my slim PS3.[/QUOTE]

Lol, first thing that came mind was pocket protector protector.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So let me get this straight, these are basically a big piece of plastic that has "PS3" cut out so it can be placed over the system?

I would get one of these just to use as a dust cover for my slim PS3.[/QUOTE]

they overheat your system too, so not a bad idea at all ;)

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Where did u see that? I can only find the 3 that the OP mentioned.[/QUOTE]
At my GameStop. They had 2, one was Batman and looks like the cover of the game and one is Joker and has "HAHAHAHAHA" written all over it in green.

Hmmm I am debating on getting the LBP2 one. I have a coupon for 20% off any purchase I make at GS so this would be $8+tax. I take it that it does not fit flush with the sites of the PS3? I don't see how it could be flush. I know I don't need this, but it's $8.45 or so and would make my system more unique. Anyone wanna weigh in on the situation?

[quote name='meta460085']I would check etsy.com you can request it if its not done, buy one of these primer it and ship it.[/QUOTE]
Didn't even think to look there. I've bought other things from that site in the past.

I don't see a thin piece of plastic casing your system to overheat.

I doubt these things are official sony products but props to whoever for making the boxese look like they are.

I actually have to drop off my redbox right next door, might as well pop in and see one of these things

These are officially licensed Sony products. How else do you think they can have GoW, GT5, or LBP2 images on them? Granted knockoff stuff can have those images cause those guys don't care anyway, but these are sold at GS. I highly doubt they would touch those things if they weren't licensed properly.

These are also made by PDP who made the fightpad for MvC3 for 360 which is licensed by Marvel and it a really good product. They also made the MK fightstick for the TE MK set (they also sell the fightstick by itself).

I picked up the LBP2 one, I don't even own the game but I will someday, it looks good. I also saw the GT5 one, no Batman or Joker ones. I had them scan the GoW one and it is still $20.

[quote name='CaoPi']they overheat your system too, so not a bad idea at all ;)[/QUOTE]

100% WRONG!! I have 1 on each of my systems and they don't get any hotter than they normally do.

Also, Batman was never released as of yet and GOW 3 is still $19.99. If it drops to $9.99 I want to get another one as my Cat scratched mine. Dumb ass cat

None at my store. On a different note: i was amazed when I took the lid off my phat ps3 that it was just a clear piece of plastic. I plan to try to do something interesting bute easy with that cover

[quote name='NipPicker']I got th lp2 but i stuck a piece of paper under the ps3 cutout to make the ps3 look even more custom. Try it if you bought one[/QUOTE]
You stuck a piece of paper under the faceplate and on top of the console case, which tends to get very warm/hot after you've played for a bit?:whistle2:#

I hate how warm/hot these systems get this gen. Otherwise I might consider one of these.

Actually if my slim was out of warranty I'd probably take the whole case off and get a clear shell for it.

I just do NOT understand WHY Sony and other companies have never made systems with more than just the color variant shells.:cry:

[quote name='S1LENT K1ILLA']Also, Batman was never released as of yet and GOW 3 is still $19.99. If it drops to $9.99 I want to get another one as my Cat scratched mine. Dumb ass cat[/QUOTE]
There are 2 Batman ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']^your ps3 slim gets hot? mine stays remarkably cool, even when i play for 6-8 hrs at a time. i have mine standing vertically if that means anything.[/QUOTE]
I have mine laying flat on a wooden table with a ton of space all the way around it. Yet even my fat model PS3 would get warm/hot(but on the bottom portion of the console) when I had it on the same table.

I don't have the AC on where I play(only a floor fan), so that may contribute to it.

^maybe try having it standing for a week to see if there is any difference? i have both a 60gb (got it at launch) and a 320 slim and keep them both standing on a wooden ikea table. i haven't had heat issues with either so perhaps the standing makes a difference. also, u could blowout the dust that blocks the vents w/ compressed air to improve circulation.

You know the funny thing is when a friend called Sony regarding their PS3 and how to get rid of dust, they told him to vacuum it while it's unplugged.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know the funny thing is when a friend called Sony regarding their PS3 and how to get rid of dust, they told him to vacuum it while it's unplugged.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

[quote name='CaoPi']:wall:[/QUOTE]
I take it that's wrong information there, huh? I used to do this all the time with my old school Xbox and PS2's last gen and I never had an issue with any of them.

I understand the possibility of building up a static charge inside the console from using a vacuum on it, but using compressed air just seems like it'd blow the frickin' dust around inside the console more than anything.

Besides which, cans of compressed air are like what $5-6 EACH, whereas I already own a vacuum.:razz:

I just double checked the vents on my PS3 and none of them have any dust built up in them that I can see, though I'm sure there's an asston inside the console.:cry:

I'm not worried about this thing overheating my PS3 slim. I just wanted something to cover it that looked nice, while not being used. I guess I could unplug it and put a piece of cloth over it to keep dust off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I take it that's wrong information there, huh? I used to do this all the time with my old school Xbox and PS2's last gen and I never had an issue with any of them.

I understand the possibility of building up a static charge inside the console from using a vacuum on it, but using compressed air just seems like it'd blow the frickin' dust around inside the console more than anything.

Besides which, cans of compressed air are like what $5-6 EACH, whereas I already own a vacuum.:razz:

I just double checked the vents on my PS3 and none of them have any dust built up in them that I can see, though I'm sure there's an asston inside the console.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You don't want to use a compressed air can that can spread the dust around the system inside. I believe the vacumming is ok though

You could just get a lamilabel (Laminated Label/Sticker) from FedEx Kinkos with your own graphic design on it for about the same price.

Example:
AZHPConsoles400x300.jpg

-FrankCastleAZ

bread's done
Back