Alice: Madness Returns $30 w/ Free Shipping

This game is pretty awesome well from my experience. You can upgrade the weapons and it never goes away. Replaying the first stages just to upgrade your weapons is pretty cool. It's not a game for everyone but it's a game for me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Same but I'll wait until it's $25 or less I think.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I have a big backlog to get through right enough.

it a beautiful game very frustrating level design Thu an waaay too long levels with very shitty jumps in every level, story don't make any sense , but i liked the game overall. it more of a rental then a buy, i paid full price but recently trade in too BB cause the 40% promo if you still going buy it 30 an below is not bad deal as their still 20$ trade in value

[quote name='Mike UFC']I'll wait for this to go lower since they don't include the remastered first Alice anymore.[/QUOTE]

What version has that? That is kind of a deal breaker.

edit: The site says otherwise.

sVxdp.png

[quote name='Mike UFC']I'll wait for this to go lower since they don't include the remastered first Alice anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's not right. I'm pretty sure that the first Alice is this game's "Project $10" to keep you from buying a used copy and it will be included with any new copy of the game. In either case, EA's store makes it very clear that the 360 and PS3 versions come with American McGee's Alice download.

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=181737000

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=181736900

[quote name='Decker']That's not right. I'm pretty sure that the first Alice is this game's "Project $10" to keep you from buying a used copy and it will be included with any new copy of the game. In either case, EA's store makes it very clear that the 360 and PS3 versions come with American McGee's Alice download.

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=181737000

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=181736900[/QUOTE]

That is correct. It's Alice's version of an online pass.

Would this be just for the PC, or any console? If it's 360/PS3 for $30, I'll bite (at least if it still includes the first game free). If it's just PC, I'll pass.

[quote name='Bubbamel']I am actually interested in picking this up at this price point. Which version does everyone recommend?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the PC version seems to be the best, but the 360 is the best of the console versions. 360 has a stable framerate and higher resolution textures/more detail, while the PS3 has slowdown + more screen tearing and lacks quite a bit of detail and texture resolution in some areas. I think I'll wait until this game hits $20. It was $35 two weeks after release at k-mart IIRC, so a $5 drop isn't much of a difference to me.

The only issue with the PC version is I don't think it comes with the first game like the console versions do.

[quote name='sunghost']From what I've read, the PC version seems to be the best, but the 360 is the best of the console versions. 360 has a stable framerate and higher resolution textures/more detail, while the PS3 has slowdown + more screen tearing and lacks quite a bit of detail and texture resolution in some areas. I think I'll wait until this game hits $20. It was $35 two weeks after release at k-mart IIRC, so a $5 drop isn't much of a difference to me.

The only issue with the PC version is I don't think it comes with the first game like the console versions do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info sunghost, my Xbox 360 has not gotten much gaming love as of late, so it will be nice to pick this up for the 360.

[quote name='Decker']That's not right. I'm pretty sure that the first Alice is this game's "Project $10" to keep you from buying a used copy and it will be included with any new copy of the game. In either case, EA's store makes it very clear that the 360 and PS3 versions come with American McGee's Alice download.

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=181736900[/QUOTE]

Ahh, forgot to clarify I'd be getting the PC version which doesn't come with the first Alice (it was only available as a preorder bonus).

I picked up this game on release day from Amazon for $45. I was never able to play the first Alice on the PC so being bundle w/ the PS3 version was great. The controls can be rough at times on the first game. There are parts where you will be falling off platforms at times. The good thing about it is you can save at any time. I would advise this because you will get frustrated. I enjoyed the Alice even though the conversion from PC to PS3 wasn't the smoothest. Also save during boss battles it will help a lot.

When I finally got to Alice: Madness Returns I was extremely happy with the final product. Every game isn't perfect but from playing from the first game to the second was like night and day. I loved the more defined controls on Madness Returns. Well I would recommend picking this up and play them in order.

Excellent price for both games!

P.S.
Chapter 3 feels extremely long on Madness Returns.

Thanks OP. 30 was my price point for this game and I had been waiting for it to get there. Now I just need EA to do this for SOTD.

Excellent. I missed it for 40 at Amazon, and that was a little high for a blind buy and the mixed reviews. 30 much better. I like the Alice mythology, and love twisted takes on classics.

I'm interested as well.

Excellent! Thanks for the link as that was the price I was waiting to bite on. Free shipping makes it that much better.

I have it in my cart but not sure I want to pull the trigger. My backlog is immense and I figure it will be $20 soon enough. But I also like supporting good games. Decisions, decisions. Does anyone know how well this game sold?

[quote name='Bumslie'] The good thing about it is you can save at any time. [/QUOTE]

It's getting to where I find it difficult to play a game that isnt' either short (You Don't Know Jack episodes, for instance) or doesn't allow you to save almost anywhere/anytime. Life's too short and I got too much to do to always commit 3 hours to a gaming session. (or more - 100 floor dungeon in Arc the Lad anyone? At least that one won me a prize).

Um, anyway. I ordered. Free shipping was the icing on the cake. I also clicked through FW for 6%, not sure if they will stack (and of course I'd prefer half off to 6% back). If you think about it, original Alice goes for 10 (not sure if it's worth it) so A:MR is 'virtually' 20.

Still on the fence about it, just bought a ton of games recently...

*Edit* Eh I'll wait, I'll prob. pick it up later this year when my backlog isn't so massive.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back