Free Brink DLC for 2 weeks Xbox/PC (via steam)/psn

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Ok I did a search for Brink DLC and this did not come up if it is a repost sorry
For two weeks starting 8 4 2011 the new brink dlc:Agents of change is free ($9.99 after) on xbox live marketplace and PC. Here is the link for xbox 360 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...f-Change/9549c4e5-1b84-4c1b-b822-62d5feedaa04

For PC you must own a copy of Brink on steam. (No the free weekend play this weekend does NOT count)

Per posters it was on psn as well. So FYI for ps3 users. I don't have a direct link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up

Also free on PSN, was available on the PS Store since last week, so it should be free until Tuesday after next.

[quote name='smokey6']Heads up

Also free on PSN, was available on the PS Store since last week, so it should be free until Tuesday after next.[/QUOTE]

how do you get it for PSN? Do you have to have the game, thinking about buying it in a week or so.

[quote name='audilover']how do you get it for PSN? Do you have to have the game, thinking about buying it in a week or so.[/QUOTE]

View All Games and find Brink, it should be there to download

i have it for 360 and just found it under the section

[quote name='MysterD']I'm not too impressed w/ Brink PC.
Is it $10 yet?[/QUOTE]
with the quakecon pack it might as well be. $40 for 34 games.

Also free on PSN, was available on the PS Store since last week, so it should be free until Tuesday after next.[/QUOTE]

You are aware right that we have a section labeled FREE on here yes? This is the deals section and a deal is paying less for something than you normally would and free is well, free.

[quote name='gargus']You are aware right that we have a section labeled FREE on here yes? This is the deals section and a deal is paying less for something than you normally would and free is well, free.[/QUOTE]

For two weeks, we are getting it for free. Then it will be 9.99.

Therefore, since a + b = c, and you are an idiot, this is a deal. We are paying less (0.00) for something than we normally would (9.99)

I was wondering what kind of moron would one-star a great deal like this (free DLC). Now I see that it was gargus and I understand completely.

Btw, thanks OP!

[quote name='henrylin22']with the quakecon pack it might as well be. $40 for 34 games.[/QUOTE]

If you pre order Skyrim and Rage then it's $40. Otherwise, it's $70.

[quote name='gargus']You are aware right that we have a section labeled FREE on here yes? This is the deals section and a deal is paying less for something than you normally would and free is well, free.[/QUOTE]

Ask anyone you know, or don't know if getting a $9.99 item for free is a deal and see how many answer no.

Would not have seen it if it was not here. Thanks OP

You are the worst person ever.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='henrylin22']with the quakecon pack it might as well be. $40 for 34 games.[/QUOTE]

Thing is - I own most of these games on disc or Steam already.

every time

:cool:

[quote name='cRodz']every time

:cool:[/QUOTE]

This site lately seems to have to many people like this now. I used to always come on here to interact but hell no anymore. I even have to force myself to give away codes on here or deals since so many people just bash the deal or anything they feel like it. What a shame i loved this site for years and last year or so i finally signed up and had 4-5 months of fun then the bad kids came around so often.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This site lately seems to have to many people like this now. I used to always come on here to interact but hell no anymore. I even have to force myself to give away codes on here or deals since so many people just bash the deal or anything they feel like it. What a shame i loved this site for years and last year or so i finally signed up and had 4-5 months of fun then the bad kids came around so often.[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree. There is WAY too much threadshitting that goes on here. If you don't want to read it, no one is forcing you. While I don't think there needs to be repeats of threads and a ton of MSRP posts, I'm not going to go there and act like I'm a mod or tell someone their deal sucks because its not a game I want. It's unfortunate that some trolls are ruining the site for everyone else.

[quote name='Camwi']I was wondering what kind of moron would one-star a great deal like this (free DLC).[/QUOTE]

Could have been someone who didn't like the OP's lack of stating it was also for the PS3...

After all, he does know this by now and still has yet to update with the info.

I usually 1-star for this same reason.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Ask anyone you know, or don't know if getting a $9.99 item for free is a deal and see how many answer no.

Would not have seen it if it was not here. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
same. ignore the wanna be mods. thanks OP!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']View All Games and find Brink, it should be there to download

i have it for 360 and just found it under the section[/QUOTE]
I did a brink search on PSN but couldn't find it when I tried a few days ago

Brink showed up for me on Thursday or Friday, I'm not exactly sure which day. But all I did was go through the list of Disc based game Add-ons.
I have been checking every couple of weeks, because I heard back in June that Bethesda was going to offer it for free for two weeks only.

Free is an awesome deal to me and everyone else. Haters gonna hate.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This site lately seems to have to many people like this now. I used to always come on here to interact but hell no anymore. I even have to force myself to give away codes on here or deals since so many people just bash the deal or anything they feel like it. What a shame i loved this site for years and last year or so i finally signed up and had 4-5 months of fun then the bad kids came around so often.[/QUOTE]

Haters gonna hate, dog. I love you and so do the other good CAGs. Use the ignore function. I've just started using it and it's awesome. Adding gargushole right now.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Could have been someone who didn't like the OP's lack of stating it was also for the PS3...

I usually 1-star for this same reason.[/QUOTE]

How do you know he knows this? Maybe he hasn't seen this yet. Try to have some patience and understanding. You'll grow as a person.

[quote name='twztid13']same. ignore the wanna be mods. thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Agreed!

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much, OP. Awesome deal! Don't let the haters deter you from posting more deals. Us real CAGs appreciate it very much, my friend.

Almost missed this! Thanks! I'll put it in the que for both formats. NOt sure what format I watn to play this on. Guess whatever I win it on :p

bought game on amazon last week for $20, got plat on monday. got dlc on tuesday. got 100% on wednsday. then traded in thursday for 22.

[quote name='Velo214']bought game on amazon last week for $20, got plat on monday. got dlc on tuesday. got 100% on wednsday. then traded in thursday for 22.[/QUOTE]

Wow that was fast, so the question of the day is....what did you think? Worth 25 on steam or wait? All opinions are welcome, if you have actually played it.

I'd say it's worth it. Graphics aren't the best but it's a fun shooter. Ignore those who complain about it being a mess, most launch problems have been fixed. I would buy it.

You will put the game in and beat it within a week at least. I got the campaign done in one night, and i wasnt rushed or anything...

I would wait til 12.99 at gamefly sale. or cheaper. Amazon had this for 20 dotd last week, and it's only gonna get cheaper. I did everything I could possibly do with this game. I hate trading in games I might play or get some fun out of, but I did every possible thing and I am done with it. It isn't bad, but it isn't good. It defines mediocrity, like just getting it done. on my last night I thought about trading it in for 22 at bestbuy, I listened to all the audiologs, I played with the character customization some more, but then I was like, let's do this, let's play a game online.
and, more often than not, there is no one playing this game. I just wanted to go online and kill a few people with my turret, or revive some folks, or just buff anyone, but it was just more and more bots. The worst part is the more you play the more limited you get with other real people. The search options are 'my rank' or 'my rank or higher' well, im level 24 max level so it is hard to find anyone to even play with.

I played around some more but it just felt like work. I even had two copies of the game and was playing with my wife, but it just felt like work/masturbation, lol. why jerk off by yourself when you can put in blops and be screwing everyone over for real and feel like something is getting done. This game came down to choke point clusterfukcs and everyone trying to fight for a foot of space infront of the objective. I don't know, even for free it just left a bad taste in my mouth. when the game brags about the parkour and character and gun customization, but the gameplay is lacking, you know something isn't good.

end rant.

and i must have thought it was 'ok' at least, i mean, i got the plat and the 100% dlc within a week, so it has some pull, but after spending a week Im fine if I never play it again. and the new dlc did nothing. 2 more levels of the same clustering. and the new abilities are worthless, pyromine, napalm grendade, regen unit, uav and buffer sight, all lame. bayonets and weapon shields that don't work. new level cap. oh well

hey if you are gonna play tho and you wanna level up superfast tho, check out the method I created. usually I was making 4-9k xp a game, but with this method you can set the controller down and walk away and be max level in an hour or so.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/brink/119159-massive-xp-method.html

I legit leveled up to 20 on my own and getting audiologs naturally, but I was not gonna grind xp for days just for the Ark King level 24 trophy. I set it up, walked away, and came back to 80,000 xp, LOL!

Easy plat/100%, and if you get it now you can probly flip it for a free rental.

[quote name='cRodz']every time

:cool:[/QUOTE]

At this point I'm starting to think gargus is either a bot or has no life to randomly go into every thread and deem them inappropriate for this section or that. Best Buy could be giving out free PS3s next week and he would come in to the thread to say it's not a deal since it's free.

Well I have no interest in the game, but nice heads-up for those that do.

[quote name='Thongsy']At this point I'm starting to think gargus is either a bot or has no life to randomly go into every thread and deem them inappropriate for this section or that. Best Buy could be giving out free PS3s next week and he would come in to the thread to say it's not a deal since it's free.

Well I have no interest in the game, but nice heads-up for those that do.[/QUOTE]

Bolded the correct selection for you.

Thanks OP! Forgot about this, so when I saw it on here, I downloaded it immediately! Gonna give it a try later. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. I don't actually own the game, so I'll probably delete the DLC after downloading it (got a nearly full 60 GB HD, may need the space) but this means that if/when I get the game I can get it for free...and I don't normally check the free forum, so I'm glad OP posted it here.

And I definitely agree, way too many people here who just love to troll.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Could have been someone who didn't like the OP's lack of stating it was also for the PS3...

I usually 1-star for this same reason.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as after I posted this I got into a car and drove with my family a couple hundred miles to a water park I didn't know it. I still haven' t gone onto psn to confirm for myself that it is free there. Did you take the time to make sure it was free on psn and avaiable? I don't think so.

Edited to add
I don't care if I get a one or five star rating on my threads. I posted it so cag's could get a deal. If it gets 1 star it gets buried and people will miss the deal so it would hurt the community but no skin offf my neck.

[quote name='shadowkast']I did a brink search on PSN but couldn't find it when I tried a few days ago[/QUOTE]

Ok, found it last night. Did a search and it was the last thing on the list after all the trailers. Thank you op for the reminder to get this $10 dlc free while it is limited.

[quote name='bdb2m']Wow that was fast, so the question of the day is....what did you think? Worth 25 on steam or wait? All opinions are welcome, if you have actually played it.[/QUOTE]

you can play for free on steam now until 1 pm. i played the ps3 and pc versions of the game. the pc version had bigger community and server support

Getting the free DLC for both 360 and PS3. I don't own the game but I might get it in the future so I might as well download the DLC for free for both, delete it from both, and have it available no matter which console I find it on for $5 in two years.

Does he honestly just sit around looking for topics that he can complain about being in the wrong forum. I've never seen him make a constructive post on here, ever.

Thanks OP added it to my Queue

bread's done
Back