Minecraft on a tablet?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I can't seem to find a solid answer as to whether you can play Minecraft on a tablet. I'm looking in to getting one and want to know which one supports it. Thanks.

[quote name='Zacmanman']Minecraft Pocket Edition is available for the Xperia Play exclusively. C'mon guys, this is old news.[/QUOTE]

First, it's for the Xperia Play now, but it's coming to the rest of the Android world eventually.

Second, "this is old news?" He asked a question, and you're berating him because an answer exists?

[quote name='mkelehan']
Second, "this is old news?" He asked a question, and you're berating him because an answer exists?[/QUOTE]

My comment was directed at the Kotaku article. I find that it's odd that crunchewy posted that article but couldn't find any news related to the Xperia Play.

Sorry for being "odd" then. I did a google search and that came up, so I posted it. If I were getting paid I'd have put more effort into it. ;)

[quote name='crunchewy']Sorry for being "odd" then. I did a google search and that came up, so I posted it. If I were getting paid I'd have put more effort into it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh...

[quote name='Zacmanman']My comment was directed at the Kotaku article. I find that it's odd that crunchewy posted that article but couldn't find any news related to the Xperia Play.[/QUOTE]

You heard him, pay the man!

winternet.jpg

I got you this instead

There will probably be a tablet version in the future, but we've known about the Android and iOS versions for a while (it was just exclusive to the Xperia Play for a limited time, in order to promote the 'Playstation Phone'). I doubt Mojang will leave it at that though. They're much into the field of making money and they could only profit on making a tablet optimized version of Minecraft. Their plan is to have it everywhere eventually and they're doing that pretty quickly.

[quote name='mkelehan']First, it's for the Xperia Play now, but it's coming to the rest of the Android world eventually.

Second, "this is old news?" He asked a question, and you're berating him because an answer exists?[/QUOTE]
Literally laughed out loud, the wording and emphasis were just so perfect.

I just installed the Mincraft demo on my Asus Transformer and it works reasonably well. I've never played Minecraft, but besides not stellar controls (which is a problem for just about anything coming to completely touchscreen environments), it was smooth and worked well. I might buy it. But to answer the question - I know for sure that the Transformer will play this version - I do not know much about Mincraft on PC, and how that is in comparison.

bread's done
Back