[DEAD] [Canada] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition $59.99 [Amazon.ca]

Skardee

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is an error or not but it shows pictures of the statue and everything. $99.99 everywhere else!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0053OOEAA/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Time to try and switch that pre-order from the Future Shop B2G1 E3 pre-order.

EDIT: Dead. Only live for about an hour or two. Those of us who got our orders in, good luck :) and to those who didn't, well I'm sure your day will come.

EDIT 2: Ah shucks. Just got off the phone with Future Shop customer support and they said they're unable to remove items individually from an order. She said I'd have to cancel the whole order and place it again, at which point they wouldn't be able to offer me the sale price.

Well, now I have about 3 months to sell one of these Uncharted 3 skus for more than $40 or $60 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I put in my order before Amazon figures out there is a price error. But it's a wait n see if they change the total price when they ship the game.

Ordered one, not sure if I want the CE but worth getting a reservation at this price. I noticed after I paid that it said one of the offers in effect is EB pre-order guarantee. Weird.

Thanks OP. I was planning on buying the regular edition from the Future Shop E3 sale for $40 at release, but for $60 I'll take the CE. Ordered.

Awesome find. I wasn't planning on buying the game (might borrow off friend), but worth it for all the extra goodies (sucker for those).

.....and they removed the ability to purchase it from the website...sigh...you snooze you lose or is it win lose or draw?

danggg I just missed it... won't let me place an order. I knew it was too good to be true.

I came back here expecting a cancellation email but my order is still in effect as far as I can tell. They can't raise the price on my order without informing me, right?

What's everyone's experience like with Amazon price errors? I managed to get an order in. Don't know if I should cancel my pre-order from Future Shop.

[quote name='gill2k']What's everyone's experience like with Amazon price errors? I managed to get an order in. Don't know if I should cancel my pre-order from Future Shop.[/QUOTE]

I have had orders cancelled before with an apology and that was it. Of course it wasn't for a price error so hopefully you guys get lucky.

[quote name='Endokun']My order is still available. But they'll probably start cancelling them. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

I had it go to the point where they charged my CC and it was waiting for shipment and then they cancelled it and refunded my money... Hopefully you will be luckier than me.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']My order is still in effect, anyone else have a status update on their order?[/QUOTE]

Mine's still good, too.

I'm not clear on whether anyone in this thread has said they had their order canceled on this specific game/price error or if they were just talking about previous purchases.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nobody puts Uncharted 2 in a backlog![/QUOTE]

Sadly, my backlog currently includes both Uncharted games. :p

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']So, anyone's order been cancelled? Seems kinda unlikely that they will at this point, right?[/QUOTE]

I just checked my order and it hasn't been cancelled. I hope this order goes through. It would make me so happy, after the constant mess-up of Futureshop recently.

So hyped for U3!

I have the CE ordered, another copy with FS E3 deal, and a third from Best Buy at $43.99 in case Amazon cancels and FS gets F'd up. Not sure what I'm going to do with the FS copy, hesitant to return it and have them mess up the other games on that order.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I came back here expecting a cancellation email but my order is still in effect as far as I can tell. They can't raise the price on my order without informing me, right?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, granted it's never happened to me, they may send you an e-mail saying: "You can keep the pre-order at the proper price, or cancel".

They won't cancel it. Amazon honors mistakes...

The US amazon had an error where they listed a bunch of games for .01. They honored them and people bought a ton of games... It was nuts.

My order for $59.99 also stands for the Collector's Edition from Amazon.

One more week!

*crosses fingers*

[quote name='SkankButta']They won't cancel it. Amazon honors mistakes...

The US amazon had an error where they listed a bunch of games for .01. They honored them and people bought a ton of games... It was nuts.[/QUOTE]
Someone earlier in this thread said that Amazon canceled an order of his at the last minute before release. I hope it works out.

[quote name='SkankButta']They won't cancel it. Amazon honors mistakes...

The US amazon had an error where they listed a bunch of games for .01. They honored them and people bought a ton of games... It was nuts.[/QUOTE]

Amazon (well Amazon.ca) didn't honour it. Otherwise I would have had 7 PSP Go's for $20 each.

Edit: I have also had Futureshop cancel my Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Trilogy preorders too. There was a time when there was an error where the set was selling $18. I tried to preorder like 4 of them and FS cancelled them for me. They did send me an apology (saying it was a pricing error) and as a goodwill thing special coupon to get ONE of the Lord of the Ring sets for $18.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Amazon (well Amazon.ca) didn't honour it. Otherwise I would have had 7 PSP Go's for $20 each.

Edit: I have also had Futureshop cancel my Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Trilogy preorders too. There was a time when there was an error where the set was selling $18. I tried to preorder like 4 of them and FS cancelled them for me. They did send me an apology (saying it was a pricing error) and as a goodwill thing special coupon to get ONE of the Lord of the Ring sets for $18.[/QUOTE]

Well I think that was the problem. If you only ordered one of each, they probably would have honoured your orders. They just try to protect themselves against hoarders, I think. And I'm sure you have at least 7 nephews who would love a PSP Go as a christmas present, but I'd probably do the same thing if I was them.

I think we'll be fine for Uncharted 3 CE, as long as we didn't order more than one copy.

[quote name='matsam']Well I think that was the problem. If you only ordered one of each, they probably would have honoured your orders. They just try to protect themselves against hoarders, I think. And I'm sure you have at least 7 nephews who would love a PSP Go as a christmas present, but I'd probably do the same thing if I was them.

I think we'll be fine for Uncharted 3 CE, as long as we didn't order more than one copy.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily; I had a similar thing happen when I ordered one PSP during the boxing day sale for $20 and it took them months to even tell me that they were not sending it. They didn't offer any sort of discount code or anything, either. The cost difference in this case is obviously much smaller though, so hopefully those of you with these orders will have it work out.

[quote name='matsam']Well I think that was the problem. If you only ordered one of each, they probably would have honoured your orders. They just try to protect themselves against hoarders, I think. And I'm sure you have at least 7 nephews who would love a PSP Go as a christmas present, but I'd probably do the same thing if I was them.

I think we'll be fine for Uncharted 3 CE, as long as we didn't order more than one copy.[/QUOTE]

It very well could be the problem, but the ending was the same: they didn't honour it. My brother tried to order 1 PSP GO under his account and likewise it was also canceled.

The situation was the same as Derfel. I ordered those during the Boxing Day sale where they had a pricing error for the PSP Go (White). At least they notified me that it wasn't going to be honoured within about a day or two unlike what they did to Derfel...

My order still stands as well, although I won't be able to play it at all with school life and all.

At this point I think those that still have the order pending should get it. Unless of course they sell out of stock and can't get any back in. Good luck to you guys I myself missed the deal but, I have faith for you :p

[quote name='Endokun']My order still stands as well, although I won't be able to play it at all with school life and all.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to get through it in a weekend, you can do it!

Since last night my order status has changed to Shipping Soon and instead of a cancel button it says Request Cancellation. We did it, guys! Shipping estimate of Nov. 4th, but I can't complain.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Since last night my order status has changed to Shipping Soon and instead of a cancel button it says Request Cancellation. We did it, guys! Shipping estimate of Nov. 4th, but I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

That's good news! Enjoy your CE when it arrives :)

bread's done
Back