Super Mario Galaxy $19.99

Getting ready for it to be a Nintendo Selects later this month.

EDIT: Actually this is the Nintendo Selects version.

Double EDIT: Other titles will be Punch-Out!!, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Strikers, for those who didn't know.

really tempted by this (owned it before but traded it in with my Wii a few years back), but I'm gonna hold off for now and hope its a permanent price drop. Awesome deal though OP!

[quote name='hamiltito']Does anyone know if the Nintendo Selects give you the same 50 Club Nintendo like the original releases?[/QUOTE]
When the first 4 Selects were released, they gave 50 points plus 10 bonus points for buying within the first 30 days.

They were also marked as separate from the original titles so you could get points even if you have the original game registered.

These should be the same way.

[quote name='thejnc']Just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $10 at a pawn shop. Might have to get the the original now.[/QUOTE]

Both games are great, but the second is definitely better.

[quote name='thejnc']Just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $10 at a pawn shop. Might have to get the the original now.[/QUOTE]

You should. Its better. SMG2 is just like "Oh look we had these leftover level ideas... Here they are! Oh and we'll double the game's length by making you go on a tedious scavenger hunt for green stars."

[quote name='chunlirocks']Wait so MSRP are deals now ?

Me teh confused

oh
:beer:
well[/QUOTE]
Actually sometimes MSRP can be a good deal. Like when a price is drastically reduced, which is exactly what this is.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, you were very helpful.

[quote name='pippin']Actually sometimes MSRP can be a good deal. Like when a price is drastically reduced, which is exactly what this is.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, you were very helpful.[/QUOTE]

^

$40->$20 is a nice price drop and hits my price point. Don't care if it is a discount or the new MSRP. $20 for a great game is a deal to me.

CheapyD put an Amazon preorder link for the price-cut 3DS in one of the threads. Is that not ok too?

Am I the only one here who was disappointed in this game ? I acually enjoyed the hd ratchet and clank games more than the galaxy series. I never thought that I wouldn't like a 3d Mario game until I played this

[quote name='strait edge follower']Am I the only one here who was disappointed in this game ? I acually enjoyed the hd ratchet and clank games more than the galaxy series. I never thought that I wouldn't like a 3d Mario game until I played this[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with you heavily on that one. This game was, well, out of this world. ;)

[quote name='pippin']Actually sometimes MSRP can be a good deal. Like when a price is drastically reduced, which is exactly what this is.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, you were very helpful.[/QUOTE]

Wow, who pissed in your coffee this mornin' ?

:beer:

Stay thirsty

I already have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2... kind of wish I waited now since I haven't played them, but I did still get some decent deals. I'm most excited about Super Paper Mario, I just want to try and collect all the great Nintendo games, and I think that game looks awesome... my brother was actually going to buy it for me a few years ago during one of Amazon's promos where they had it for $20 and wasn't sure if I would like it, so he took it out of his cart :( I have been waiting since then to find it for that price, I knew waiting would pay off eventually :p

[quote name='strait edge follower']Am I the only one here who was disappointed in this game ? I acually enjoyed the hd ratchet and clank games more than the galaxy series. I never thought that I wouldn't like a 3d Mario game until I played this[/QUOTE]
The first time I started playing Galaxy, I wasn't crazy about it. I mainly got tired of always pointing at the screen to collect star bits, so I set the game down and didn't pick it back up for 2 or 3 years.

After reading countless reviews about how incredible it is and seeing it listed among the best games ever, I decided to give it another shot. Once I started playing it again, I was hooked.

I loved it so much that I bought SMG2 before I even finished it just so I wouldn't have to wait to get started on the sequel.

These games really are incredible and I think the definitely live up to the hype.

I played a ton of games after getting back into gaming last year, and SMG2 stands out as my favorite, even over great games that won GOTYs from previous years. The game is fantastic and it is the first 3D platformer that I felt had better gameplay than 2D platformers. I played Super Meat Boy and DKCR last year too which were also amazing, but not quite as perfect.

I never got around to picking up SMG1 after that, mainly because I still had a big backlog and the near-MSRP price wasn't inviting for a game that has been out for awhile. I've been waiting for a price drop and $20 is perfect.

Having a 2nd player point at the screen to gather starbits makes the game much more enjoyable... Getting all the green stars was an awesome way to involve Luigi!

[quote name='pippin']The first time I started playing Galaxy, I wasn't crazy about it. I mainly got tired of always pointing at the screen to collect star bits, so I set the game down and didn't pick it back up for 2 or 3 years.

After reading countless reviews about how incredible it is and seeing it listed among the best games ever, I decided to give it another shot. Once I started playing it again, I was hooked.

I loved it so much that I bought SMG2 before I even finished it just so I wouldn't have to wait to get started on the sequel.

These games really are incredible and I think the definitely live up to the hype.[/QUOTE]I'm in the same boat. I got to the second dome and gave up because it just wasn't fun at the time. Picked it up about a year later and now it's easily in my top 5 list of games.

bread's done
Back