Married with Children - The Complete Series (32 Discs) - $39.99 Shipped at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has a killer deal for the complete Married with Children series. That's 11 seasons (262 episodes) across 32 DVD's for just $39.99! It doesn't get much better than that.

This is a Pre-order that ships September 27th

LINK

51v48qvgobL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That'll be a heck of a big box for 32 DVDs.

At a little less than $4 a season, this has to be a pricing mistake. I recommend anyone vaguely interested in this to jump on it now, as Amazon won't bill until shipment.

Best Buy has it as $59.99, so I'm sure this is a super-low price to generate pre-orders.

Yeah it was $46 for a few days on Amazon which is still a great price but they just lowered it to $39.99 which is crazy for the amount of content included

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah it was $46 for a few days on Amazon which is still a great price but they just lowered it to $39.99 which is crazy for the amount of content included[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this here. I saw the original link through SD at $47 and was contemplating but for $40 you just can't beat this.

[quote name='Ziltoid']Thanks

BTW whats the diffrence between that one and this one: http://www.amazon.com/Married-with-...1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313093274&sr=1-1

Its 20 more and isn't for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a Canadian release, not sure..That one says it's released by CTV which stands for Columbia Tri-Star (which is still Sony owned), the pre-order one says it's from Sony Pictures. There probably aren't going to be much differences between them though, maybe different packaging and artwork, but the content should be the same

[quote name='Clak']I bet the packaging will be awful.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any complaints about the packaging for the one already out

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't see any complaints about the packaging for the one already out[/QUOTE]

they probally just be put in a paper sleve ... would got it at 30 40 is pushing it at least for me

[quote name='slidecage']they probally just be put in a paper sleve ... would got it at 30 40 is pushing it at least for me[/QUOTE]

cool story :roll:

262 episodes!!!!!!!! Shoot, i thought I've seen most of them but now I'm second guessing that. My uncle watched the reruns for years trying to catch that " one" episode he may not have seen before. I almost want to order another for him

Given that there was only one, and it was included in the original season set, it'll be there. I actually wouldn't mind having the whole series on a spindle - it's a huge space-saver.

I've got seasons 2-9, but have been having a hard time finding a decent price on the 3 seasons I'm missing. I'll just get this & it'll cost me about what it would for those 3 seasons & sell the seasons I have to my brother.

[quote name='ssjmichael']$65.99 is the MSRP[/QUOTE]

This is a re-release in "slim packaging" with a lower MSRP.

Expect the packaging to be like the pics of Sanford and Newsradio above.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Which are the banned episodes?[/QUOTE]

"I'll See You in Court" was the only banned ep I can recall, and was on the first MWC DVD and whatever season it was going to be in as well.

According to Wikipedia there were 259 regular season eps and three specials. Also the season finale was a 2-parter so it's possible they count it as one.

[quote name='lieutenant dan']the episode with the aliens is one of my favorites :)[/quote]

FUEL

jc they got eleven seasons out of that show.

Pre-ordered. Here's to opening they'll include the original Sinatra theme, though I'm 99.5% sure it's just the same DVDs put in a new box. They included the song in a flashback scene but not during the actual intro, it blows my mind.

I finally got around to watching an episode on Netflix just for the heck of it.
WOW, is that opening theme incredibly annoying or what?!?
Here's hoping for the Sinatra theme back.

[quote name='sunnysky']I finally got around to watching an episode on Netflix just for the heck of it.
WOW, is that opening theme incredibly annoying or what?!?
Here's hoping for the Sinatra theme back.[/QUOTE]

no chance.

[quote name='junglalien']The discs will probably all be on 1 spindle like other Sony complete series.

a68351c88da0a8f64dd1f110.L._AA300_.jpg
79d8c060ada004fdeced0210.L._AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was what I was thinking...it has the same list price as the other Sony complete series (such as newsradio, soap, sanford and son). And those other Sony complete series have shown up at Costco at $20 more than a few times over the last two years or so.

Got mine today. The discs are on two spindles. Not sure about the theme or banned episode yet. What season was the banned episode on?

Edit: Its on there. Season 3 Disc 3. Says Infamous lost episode. The episode list is glued to the back cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original theme is on there for the S1+S2 sets it was included on - thankfully, they didn't alter the theme in this release for those, although if they had, I kept my sets for those just in case that happened. The ep listing being on the reverse side of the back cover is really annoying, but at least it's included.

LOL

Trade In This Movies & TV Item for $0.25
Trade in Married...With Children: The Complete Series for a $0.25 Amazon.com Gift Card that can be redeemed for millions of items store wide. See more Movies & TV eligible for trade-in

bread's done
Back