Extra 10% Cash at CashForGamers.com or 17% w/ a Friend

gamecorner

CAGiversary!
CashForGamers.com is giving 10% extra cash on all trade-ins now through September 1st with the coupon code YUGIOH. For those who are new to CashForGamers, they send you a box/envelope (depending on the size of your order) along with a prepaid shipping label if you sell $30 or more to them, so nothing comes out of your pocket. And obvious to the name they pay cash, not store credit.

Coupon Code for extra 10%: YUGIOH

They also have a "CashForGamers Referral Program". This is quoted from their blog:

"The CashForGamers Referral Program is an easy way to make quick cash! Here’s how it works,

1. Go to our website and fill out a contact us form with the subject reading “CashForGamers.com Referral Program”
2. We will then send you a personalized coupon code
3. Every time someone submits an order and applies your coupon code, you receive 7% of that customers order in cash!
4. Get creative! Spread the word on forums, make a T-Shirt, or simply just tell your friends and family!
This is a wonderful opportunity to make some quick cash! If you have any questions please go to our website CashForGamers.com and contact us. So go out there and Unlock the Power To Sell!"

http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/2011/08/cashforgamers-referral-program/

So if you have a have a friend, you can both apply for the referral program and refer each other to the site. Then apply the coupon code to stack another 10%. 7% + 10% YUGIOH coupon = 17% Wooo!

Anyone use them before? It seems like it would be faster than some other trade in sites, since I wouldn't have to ship across the country, and their trade in values aren't terrible either.

Seems like it's going to take longer since you wait for them to mail you the stuff, plus that probably eats into the money they can use to pay people. Their values didn't seem any better than gazelle.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Seems like it's going to take longer since you wait for them to mail you the stuff, plus that probably eats into the money they can use to pay people. Their values didn't seem any better than gazelle.[/QUOTE]

Well, i don't see how it's a bad thing that they'll give you the shipping supplies (which can get pricey for the customer), but they give you a variety of options to choose from. You can choose to just receive the prepaid shipping label via email, or just ship the games yourself. As for gazelle, I remember being really nitpicky about the prices before I first sold to them and compared them to a lot of competition (including gazelle). For example, I sold Clock Tower 3 for PS2 (as stated in my Gametz thread) and here were the comparison prices:

CFG - $3.10
Gazelle - $1.80
Gamestop - lol

And that's not including the CFG coupon code.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Seems like it's going to take longer since you wait for them to mail you the stuff, plus that probably eats into the money they can use to pay people. Their values didn't seem any better than gazelle.[/QUOTE]

I looked up a few different games, and they all had higher trade in values than Gazelle. Do they ship you the shipping label too? I was hoping I could just print that out and use my own box. I remember the first time I got a box from Gazelle, it took several days to get here, and when it showed up it wasn't anywhere near large enough to hold all the stuff I was trading in. Really rather just get my own box.

EDIT: Seems like they don't accept PSP games for whatever reason though. Hmm.

[quote name='rainking187']I looked up a few different games, and they all had higher trade in values than Gazelle. Do they ship you the shipping label too? I was hoping I could just print that out and use my own box. I remember the first time I got a box from Gazelle, it took several days to get here, and when it showed up it wasn't anywhere near large enough to hold all the stuff I was trading in. Really rather just get my own box.

EDIT: Seems like they don't accept PSP games for whatever reason though. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never figured why they didn't buy back PSP games =/. As for the shipping process, you can choose how you want to ship your games on the checkout page. It'll show up like this:

"1. Free Prepaid Shipping (We send you the shipping supplies along with a prepaid label.)
2. Free Prepaid Shipping without Supplies (Package and send the games yourself to get your cash faster! A prepaid label will be emailed to you within 24 hours.)
3. Ship It Yourself! (Package and ship the games yourself. The bill is on you but you get your cash faster!)"

Sorry to bump this, but how long does this generally take? According to the tracking info it was delivered on Friday and I haven't even recieved any email telling me they've gotten my stuff yet. Got to say it's not going as quickly as I'd hoped, I sent the games out last Monday and they weren't delivered until Friday. Seems like I was wrong about them being faster than Gazelle.

^ Im on the same boat as you, Glad Im not the only one having trouble with them... Sent the games Last monday, they received it on 8/20, and today, 8/24, I got nothing as well.. I even sent them 2 emails and nothing... did they all left? lol

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Amazon still beats them by 10%+ on a lot of games...[/QUOTE]

True, but amazon isn't giving you cash. And amazon has a two per item limit, whereas this site takes 10 of any title.

[quote name='Vanacloud']^ Im on the same boat as you, Glad Im not the only one having trouble with them... Sent the games Last monday, they received it on 8/20, and today, 8/24, I got nothing as well.. I even sent them 2 emails and nothing... did they all left? lol[/QUOTE]

Ah they aren't responding to emails either? I told myself I'd send them an email today if they didn't at least let me know they'd recieved the games, and I did, but I'm wondering if that was pointless now.

I dunno what happened... but for a new company that does this line of business, they should just shut down the entire business to save there rep

UPDATE:
So the dude finally emailed me and he said he sent a check already.. which made me go wtf? No status updates via the main site and I specifically requested Paypal payment... So far this is a pretty bad experience.

Update 2: I recieved the check... I guess they really are legit

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Paypal payment as well today, and they also sent me a code for an additional 15% on my next trade in. I think I'll probably use them again.

For those of you who got paid for trading in your games, how much were you paid? I have a whole bunch of PS1 games that I'd like to get rid of, and based on the TIVs, I could be getting $200-$300. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='rainking187']I got my Paypal payment as well today, and they also sent me a code for an additional 15% on my next trade in. I think I'll probably use them again.[/QUOTE]

You got a additional code o_O, that guy didnt send me any code

[quote name='RCS0926']For those of you who got paid for trading in your games, how much were you paid? I have a whole bunch of PS1 games that I'd like to get rid of, and based on the TIVs, I could be getting $200-$300. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Traded in 7 old games mix ps1 / gameboy and super snes.. 38 bucks total. But this time i put in 11 games, total of 136. Mostly snes and 3 n64 games

[quote name='rainking187']I got my Paypal payment as well today, and they also sent me a code for an additional 15% on my next trade in. I think I'll probably use them again.[/QUOTE]

Why did you get a coupon code? And can anyone use this code?

He said it could be used once. And I got it because I emailed them asking how long it took to check out the games and he said they were backed up this week and gave me the code.

[quote name='Vanacloud']You got a additional code o_O, that guy didnt send me any code[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try my luck with this company in the next few days, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

[quote name='rainking187']He said it could be used once. And I got it because I emailed them asking how long it took to check out the games and he said they were backed up this week and gave me the code.[/QUOTE]

Bahh I wish I had that, I just submitted an order.

Bloody Roar 4
Atelier Iris 2
Gallop Racer 2006
Gallop Racer 2004
Steambot Chronicles
Blood Will Tell
Kuon
Naval Ops Commander

Picked these up for $29.40 from Gamestop's B2G2 PS2 games sale. Just submitted them to CFG for $73.25. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I submitted a trade on Saturday (8/27) amounting to $223 for some old PS1 games I had sitting around. I didn't want to do the ebay or Craigslist thing, so I was glad to find this thread and hear that people had been paid. I got my shipping supplies yesterday and shipped out my games this morning.

When I originally submitted my trade, I used the coupon code mentioned in the thread title. However, the coupon wasn't applied to my trade, so I emailed CashForGamers this morning about this. I got a response within a couple of hours, and I was very happy to find that CFG had adjusted my invoice for the extra 10%. Now, I'm expecting to get paid $246.

At any rate, it's looking good so far. I'll let you guys know how the rest of it goes. CFG is located in North Cali, and since I live in SoCal, I expect CFG to get my games by Saturday or Monday. Hopefully, the payment comes soon after...

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Is the 10% code still good today?[/QUOTE]

I believe the code was good through yesterday. You can always send CFG an email and see if they will give you the extra 10%.

On a different note, for those who already traded in to CFG and had them send the shipping supplies to you, where is the tracking ID? I kept the merchandise return mailing acknowledgement, and I'm assuming the package ID is the tracking ID. However, USPS has 20 digit tracking IDs, but my package ID has 22 numbers. I'm not sure if the last 2 digits don't count. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. Thanks!

[quote name='RCS0926']I believe the code was good through yesterday. You can always send CFG an email and see if they will give you the extra 10%.

On a different note, for those who already traded in to CFG and had them send the shipping supplies to you, where is the tracking ID? I kept the merchandise return mailing acknowledgement, and I'm assuming the package ID is the tracking ID. However, USPS has 20 digit tracking IDs, but my package ID has 22 numbers. I'm not sure if the last 2 digits don't count. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I was thinking it was good that day too. Oh well. Not going to really worry about it. As long as they come through overall, it's all good.

[quote name='gamecorner']Just got my check today![/QUOTE]

Nice! I should be getting paid soon as well since I submitted my order the day after you did.

Lolz found this cashforgamers video on youtube. Definitely reminds me of those old Toonami promos (90's kids you know what I'm talkin about).

watch

[quote name='rainking187']I saw on their Facebook you can use the code "student" until the end of the month and get an extra 10%.[/QUOTE]

Wow nice catch! They also said PSP games / system will be up there in the coming weeks so stay tune

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got paid $235 for my old PS1 games, and I'm mostly happy. There were two issues that came up. CFG is saying that two of the games I specified in my order weren't in the box, and that cost me $11 (should've gotten $246 for my order). I've contested that given the fact that I know all the games I submitted on my order were in the box. I have a hard time believing that the box was opened prior to arriving at CFG given the fact that the two missing games aren't even among the best of the ones that I shipped. I'm inclined to believe that whoever unpacked the box misplaced them. Anyway, I'm hoping CFG resolves this issue.

The other issue is the fact that my PayPal account was inexplicably charged a $7.14. At first, I thought that CFG was being shady, but after doing some research, I found that PayPal charges a 2.9% fee (on the total payment) plus $0.30 for payments received for goods and services. Was anyone else charged this fee? There are a handful of CAGs who have been paid by CFG, and I'm surprised that this hasn't come up yet. Despite the fact that PayPal charged me this fee, I'm still contesting it given the fact that the CFG website clearly states that there's a small fee for receiving a payment via check but no fee at all for PayPal payments.

Anyway, I'll let you know how these disputes go. Overall, I still think that CFG is worth using, and if they can resolve these two issues, then I'll give them a glowing recommendation.

[quote name='RCS0926']Just wanted to let everyone know that I got paid $235 for my old PS1 games, and I'm mostly happy. There were two issues that came up. CFG is saying that two of the games I specified in my order weren't in the box, and that cost me $11 (should've gotten $246 for my order). I've contested that given the fact that I know all the games I submitted on my order were in the box. I have a hard time believing that the box was opened prior to arriving at CFG given the fact that the two missing games aren't even among the best of the ones that I shipped. I'm inclined to believe that whoever unpacked the box misplaced them. Anyway, I'm hoping CFG resolves this issue.

The other issue is the fact that my PayPal account was inexplicably charged a $7.14. At first, I thought that CFG was being shady, but after doing some research, I found that PayPal charges a 2.9% fee (on the total payment) plus $0.30 for payments received for goods and services. Was anyone else charged this fee? There are a handful of CAGs who have been paid by CFG, and I'm surprised that this hasn't come up yet. Despite the fact that PayPal charged me this fee, I'm still contesting it given the fact that the CFG website clearly states that there's a small fee for receiving a payment via check but no fee at all for PayPal payments.

Anyway, I'll let you know how these disputes go. Overall, I still think that CFG is worth using, and if they can resolve these two issues, then I'll give them a glowing recommendation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know if there was a change in Paypal's policies or what, but recently they've taken part of my payments from eStarland when they didn't used to. They got some of my CFG payment as well. Payments from Gazelle are untouched for some reason.

[quote name='RCS0926']Just wanted to let everyone know that I got paid $235 for my old PS1 games, and I'm mostly happy. There were two issues that came up. CFG is saying that two of the games I specified in my order weren't in the box, and that cost me $11 (should've gotten $246 for my order). I've contested that given the fact that I know all the games I submitted on my order were in the box. I have a hard time believing that the box was opened prior to arriving at CFG given the fact that the two missing games aren't even among the best of the ones that I shipped. I'm inclined to believe that whoever unpacked the box misplaced them. Anyway, I'm hoping CFG resolves this issue.

Anyway, I'll let you know how these disputes go. Overall, I still think that CFG is worth using, and if they can resolve these two issues, then I'll give them a glowing recommendation.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry about the psone games =(. I'm sure if you sent them in they'll turn up! You should double check and make sure you did sent them in though. I sold my old android phone (converted to Iphone) to gazelle and I totally forgot to include the charger o_O. As for the PayPal fees, I'm very surprised a CAG user doesn't know about them, it's pretty common knowledge......which is probably the reason most CAG members didn't complain about it.

I've traded on TGN, Gametz, etc. over the years and the only way to avoid PP fees is to send payments gifted, which is against their terms and service if used for the transaction of goods. It's also not allowed to send gifted payments when trading here (so if you sold a game to another CAG user and were paid via PP, then you would be charged with the same fee).

I could see how the wording on their FAQ page could be interpreted differently, but I read it as "there are no further fees associated with CFG when using PP" (any PP fees are between you and PP), however; I only read that because I had knowledge of the PP fees. When I sold my android to gazelle, I was hit with the same fees you were hit with (hence why I usually pick mailed check now. Takes a little longer but less fees).

I highly doubt they'll refund the PP fees and if they do then they are VERY nice to do so. I mean, you wouldn't walk into GameStop to buy a game for $59.99 then refuse to pay the sales tax right? =)

I guess we'll see how it goes. I advised CFG to make sure to point out that PayPal charges fees if you receive money for goods and services. However, I still think I should get refunded the fees given the info on CFG's site. I looked up PayPal's fees, and as it turns out, the sender determines who pays the PayPal fees. If CFG is saying that there is no fee for getting paid through PayPal and they have control over who the PayPal fee gets charged to, then they shouldn't be directing that fee to my account. At any rate, the PayPal fees may be common knowledge to a lot of CAGs, but I wasn't aware of it because I generally only make payment via PayPal. I usually don't receive payments for any goods or services that I provide to another entity. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Had another package delivered yesterday and got paid today. I'd sent out another package I was hoping would be delivered today, but the tracking info hasn't been updated in two days.

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation. CFG refunded me the $7.14 PayPal fee that I didn't know about, and I think they are going to update their FAQ so that people know they will be charged the fee from PayPal as a result of receiving payment for goods. CFG also paid me for the 2 missing games even though they still say they couldn't find it. All in all, I'm extremely happy with CFG's customer service, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone that is looking to get some cash for their games.

[quote name='gamecorner']Link: http://www.cashforgamers.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

CashForGamers.com is paying $28 cash for Dead Island on PS3 or 360. They also have a coupon code for an extra 10% on all orders.

Coupon Code = STUDENT

$28 + 10% Coupon = $30.80 cash. This also qualifies for a free prepaid shipping label along with supplies (if you want), so those expenses are taken care of. The coupon works for all games (you do not need to sell Dead Island for it to work).

*Note* - Coupons will only work if you are logged in and can only be used once per account/address!

Here are some other games that they pretty decent/well for (prices without coupon):

3DS:

Zelda OoT 3D - $18
Resident Evil Mercenaries - $12.50
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2 - $14

PS3:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - $28
Dynasty Warriors 7 - $26
Shadows of the Damned - $20
Mortal Kombat - $19

Xbox 360:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - $25.20
Shadows of the Damned - $21.05
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $18.25

Wii:

New Super Mario Bros. - $18
Mario Sports Mix - $20
Super Mario Galaxy 2 -$20

DS:

Pokemon Black - $14
Pokemon White - $14[/QUOTE]

I posted this in another thread but I probably should have just posted here. They bumped up the buyback price to $30, so now you can get $33 for it.

I'm still waiting on my order to be processed. They sent me shipping supplies by accident so I just said I would wait until they arrived. So after the delay, my games should have arrived last week. Hopefully they'll get processed before this week ends.

I got paid today! Had no problems, however I do need to point out 2 things. It is a little slow if you're on the east coast because their shipping method is parcel post. Also I did have to pay paypal fees. Other than that, every thing went great. Definitely would deal with them again.

[quote name='royalbliss1']When you submit your trades and use the coupon code Student, does it show up on the invoice?
This is the first time I have used them.[/QUOTE]

You better contact them about that. I had a problem with their last promo not showing up.

I submitted some trades and the promo did not appear on my invoice so I just sent them a message and they said they will apply it once they get the total price.

I view my shopping cart before checking out. You can apply your coupon code there and make sure it works correctly before submitting an order. Just click on "Shopping Cart" on the top right of the page or "view cart" on the top left.

bread's done
Back