Flower, Sun and Rain (DS) - $14.99 new, $6.99 pre-owned...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I happened to find a complete used copy of this game for $6.99 at Gamestop earlier today, but $14.99 is also pretty good for a new copy. If you're a fan of Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture (makers of the No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned series), this is a great deal. I haven't played it yet, but I've heard that it can be compared to the Lost television series due to the complexity of its plot. No new copies online, but I put the link up anyway.

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/flower-sun-and-rain/73358

I was planning on putting this game on the ol' flashcart a while back, but the brutal reviews dissuaded me from even bothering.

never heard of this game, but you had me at suda51. Grasshopper makes a lot of casual/normal, crap games for the japanese cellphone market. I hope this is a true suda51 game and not one of those.

Its like the movie "Groundhog Day" filtered thru Suda 51. Read up on it on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_sun_and_rain

BTW ted_b --keep discussions of flashcarts off of CAG. Cheapy, the Admins, and most CAGs frown on such discussion. There is a big difference between between being cheap, and outright stealing food from the mouths of developer's children, and CAG is only about being cheap.

I would get it, except Gamestop is stupid and they throw away DS cases/manuals. Apparently they were instructed to do the same with 3DS in the last month. *SIGH*

[quote name='donssword']Its like the movie "Groundhog Day" filtered thru Suda 51. Read up on it on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_sun_and_rain

BTW ted_b --keep discussions of flashcarts off of CAG. Cheapy, the Admins, and most CAGs frown on such discussion. There is a big difference between between being cheap, and outright stealing food from the mouths of developer's children, and CAG is only about being cheap.[/QUOTE]

You do know there are legitimate, legal uses of Flashcarts right? I dump my own games and throw them on a flashcart for portability, availability and features like cheats, etc. Not one bit of that is illegal.

legal uses of flashcarts
I am well aware of that. One of my favorite games made for the DS is a 2D Portal game called "Still Alive," which BTW has been ported to the Wii. Great game that requires modded hardware.

However, discussions of mods are frowned upon at CAG, and his implication that he was going to "put it on a flash cart a while back" implies that he doesn't own it. If he didn't like the reviews, why would he have bothered to pay for it?

The poster is new to CAG (Feb 2011). His post could get him in trouble with the Admins. Unlike many people here, I'm not picking a fight, just pointing out the CAG rules, and hoping he continues to contribute to the community in a positive way.

Rules is rules. If you don't like the rules, take it up with CheapyD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Optical']I would get it, except Gamestop is stupid and they throw away DS cases/manuals. Apparently they were instructed to do the same with 3DS in the last month. *SIGH*[/QUOTE]

Seriously, would you stop thread crapping on every ds/3ds game thread with this bullshit. It's a proven lie and all you are doing is trying to get more people to not like GameStop because you don't.

Gamestop dissing aside, I think this game is going to be one of those potentially harder to find DS games down the line. But it's definitely a weird one.

[quote name='Spyder187']Seriously, would you stop thread crapping on every ds/3ds game thread with this bullshit. It's a proven lie and all you are doing is trying to get more people to not like GameStop because you don't.[/QUOTE]

You should call all the Gamestop stores in the surrounding states, they will tell you they only keep the game carts and throw away the rest. It is not a lie.

[quote name='Optical']You should call all the Gamestop stores in the surrounding states, they will tell you they only keep the game carts and throw away the rest. It is not a lie.[/QUOTE]

Only one of the 5 gamestops around me throw away the cases, the rest keep them on the rack. (and these are just the GS's that are close by) It seems like its the smaller stores that need to throw them out.

bread's done
Back