The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for $29.96 @ Amazon w/ FSSS

I spent $40 to get the OST and got the game for free. Best deal you could get on it.

Actually got it from Target day 1 for $30 after buying 2 and splitting it with my brother (They had a B2G1 50% off deal at the time). Waste of money for the game but the soudtrack is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']too high for a game from 3 gens ago :cry:[/QUOTE]

The weed wears off eventually, you know that, right?

[quote name='orale1226']Someone found it for 9.98 on clearance at target[/QUOTE]

This game will be $10 everywhere...in about 4-5 years.

I'm actually kinda surprised that there's any type of a significant discount on a first party Nintendo game from one their major franchises, only months after release.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']I'm actually kinda surprised that there's any type of a price drop on a first party Nintendo game from one their major franchises, only months after release.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Same. First party nintendo titles never usually get sales because they are always being bought at full price so there is no need for one. Its equally surprising that there is a sale so early on a game with a status such as ocarina of time.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm actually kinda surprised that there's any type of a significant discount on a first party Nintendo game from one their major franchises, only months after release.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Is not a price drop, is a sale price. Price drop would be a new lower MSRP. I was hoping the entire last week for a new sale price on this game. 23% off sounds good enough for me. I ordered it, thanks OP.

Edit: Haha I like that you changed the wording to prevent stupid comments like mine. Thumbs up for you!

I don't even think steel diver or Pilotwings resort has dropped in price/ had this kind of sale.

If you just got a 3DS i'd say get it, even if you played it to death like I did on N64 , it was worth the $40 I bought the first day B^)

[quote name='xRemnant']Is not a price drop, is a sale price. Price drop would be a new lower MSRP. I was hoping the entire last week for a new sale price on this game. 23% off sounds good enough for me. I ordered it, thanks OP.

Edit: Haha I like that you changed the wording to prevent stupid comments like mine. Thumbs up for you![/QUOTE]

The mistake was mine, it was clearly not a price drop. I figure I better fix it so I don't sound like an idiot.

This is pretty good, saves me a trip to K-Mart and will actually be cheaper without sales tax, just have to wait until Wednesday now. Thanks for the post!

Pretty sure the under $39.99 prices for Zelda 3DS reflects on the poor 3DS sales themselves. No way Nintendo will even think of lowering the MSRP for a few years, but if the 3DS bombs, retailers won't stick with MSRP.

I understand that Nintendo games tend to sell extremely well, but this game fell off the NPD list not even a month after its release. New Super Mario Bros. DS sold more than OoT in its second week on store shelves-- that is unfortunate. I think you are right, lutz. Poor sales of both go hand in hand.

On topic: I was considering biting on this, but a friend told me that another rumor started around the same time speculation began for a supposed 3DS price cut. It basically said that Nintendo would be lowering the price of all software as well ($30 standard I suppose, dropping the price of DS games, too). I think it seems unlikely, guess we will see by the end of the year. $40 for a handheld game is a lot to ask for, especially considering console games are $20 more, and I rarely play my 3DS anywhere besides my home.

[quote name='theking20']I don't even think steel diver or Pilotwings resort has dropped in price/ had this kind of sale.[/QUOTE]

I went to Gamestop today and was amazed that Pilot Wings and Steel Diver were $30. I am so tempted to order this since I know this is probably as low as it's going to get. I wish SSFIV 3D was on sale.

Edit:
On Sale on Amazon

SSFIV 3D is $30

These are $20
BlazeBlue 3DS
Wario Ware DIY
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V

These are $15
Professor Layton and the Curios Village
World Ends With You
Final Fantasy IV
Kingdom Hearts

[quote name='eliter1']I went to Gamestop today and was amazed that Pilot Wings and Steel Diver were $30. I am so tempted to order this since I know this is probably as low as it's going to get. I wish SSFIV 3D was on sale.

Edit: SSFIV 3D is $30

These are $20
BlazeBlue 3DS
Wario Ware DIY
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V

These are $15
Professor Layton and the Curios Village
World Ends With You
Final Fantasy IV
Kingdom Hearts[/QUOTE]

Wait, dq5 is 19.99 at gamestop ? Might have to swing by tommorow

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I understand that Nintendo games tend to sell extremely well, but this game fell off the NPD list not even a month after its release. New Super Mario Bros. DS sold more than OoT in its second week on store shelves-- that is unfortunate.[/QUOTE]

But New Super Mario also came out on a system with probably over 20 times as many units out there.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wait, dq5 is 19.99 at gamestop ? Might have to swing by tommorow[/QUOTE]

My bad, I meant Amazon...

[quote name='Drahken']But New Super Mario also came out on a system with probably over 20 times as many units out there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, hence the second part of my statement. :applause: NSMB also came out five years ago. The fact that OoT (a remastered version of one of the greatest games of all time) couldn't even outsell a five year old game just goes to show how little buzz the system has/had before the price drop.

[quote name='lassiterb']The weed wears off eventually, you know that, right?[/QUOTE]

Awesome, lol.

But yeah, I can't help but think I'm partly responsible for this price. I submitted the tip about the lower price from Kmart.com (which also asks for the shipping cost which is 99¢). I'm guessing I wasn't the only person who sent this in, though.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Yes, hence the second part of my statement. :applause: NSMB also came out five years ago. The fact that OoT (a remastered version of one of the greatest games of all time) couldn't even outsell a five year old game just goes to show how little buzz the system has/had before the price drop.[/QUOTE]

Even with more systems out there Zelda never does Mario numbers. Zelda games are more aimed at hardcore gamers, especially OoT, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. The fact that other first party games such as New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart sell so many copies allows Nintendo to make games such as Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid.

I finally picked up a 3DS since it's hella of a handheld for $169; and a steal with the GS trade in for my original DS and a PSP I hardly touch. I also picked this up (thanks OP) because I know this IS a SALE and not an official price drop!!! This is a great game and really enjoyed how they did the 3D on the system.

[quote name='eliter1']Even with more systems out there Zelda never does Mario numbers. Zelda games are more aimed at hardcore gamers, especially OoT, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. The fact that other first party games such as New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart sell so many copies allows Nintendo to make games such as Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It should still do better than a game from five years ago, though. Anyways, this is going off topic, so we should probably just drop it XD. Looking forward to finally playing OoT again-- I once faked being sick when it originally came out so I could collect heart pieces all day.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm actually kinda surprised that there's any type of a significant discount on a first party Nintendo game from one their major franchises, only months after release.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It happens quite a lot, just not on everything. In this case...well, it's a remake and it's on a brand new system, so I can't imagine sales are stellar.

I picked this up during the b2g1 last week, and the game is darn beautiful =D just wish it had been on this price instead. Still waiting on TWEWY, but Chrono Trigger is wonderful too~

This is a great price on LoZ, buy it =D

If anyone is interested and impatient like me I picked it up at bestbuy with a price match of kmarts ad for 29.99.

[quote name='exceed19']Ordered.. at that price I dont think I can go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Who is that chick in your avatar :) ?

As for ocarina of time, I'm tempted to pay 29.99 but something is telling me to wait till next week

I picked this up on a PM to Best Buy and I have to say I'm really impressed. Never played this on the N64 but so far it's pretty fun and I genuinely can't believe how well the 3d effect works. Hope Majora gets the same treatment.

Waiting for Ocarina of Time 4DS (with actual time travel ability) to hit $9.99

How many time will people buy the same game? Nintendo is trying to find out.

[quote name='playing mantis']Yes, I played through the game the first time around.[/QUOTE]

Glad you played it. If you want to wait for it to be $9.99, then so be it.

As for me, I bough it for $30.98 and love every second of it. Worth it for sure.
Not everyone has N64 and/or Gamecube. Not everyone was old enough to appreciate those games at that time period. Not everyone wants to take out a retro console and/or play the game on TV.

A big majority of the people like and want the game and are even requesting Majora Mask on 3DS. There is value in it for the consumer and the publisher so there is hardly any reason to justify a complain about it being old. Just live with it and play new games.

[quote name='playing mantis']Waiting for Ocarina of Time 4DS (with actual time travel ability) to hit $9.99

How many time will people buy the same game? Nintendo is trying to find out.[/QUOTE]

You know I just want to know one thing, why the hell are people blaming Nintendo on rereleasing this?

If I remember correctly, this was originally a tech demo with no intention to being made a game. THEN forums everywhere requested it to be a real game AND THEN Nintendo announced it as a full game.

Its not Nintendos fault they give you what you want (Insert Xenoblade joke here? The game wouldn't sell and everyone knows that. Also, NOA said they were considering it by European sales)

[quote name='chunlirocks']too high for a game from 3 gens ago :cry:[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='heybtbm']This game will be $10 everywhere...in about 4-5 years.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The 3DS and VC prices will soon converge.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I understand that Nintendo games tend to sell extremely well, but this game fell off the NPD list not even a month after its release. New Super Mario Bros. DS sold more than OoT in its second week on store shelves-- that is unfortunate. I think you are right, lutz. Poor sales of both go hand in hand.[/QUOTE]
NSMB DS was a "new" game, not one that's been ported 4 times and counting.

[quote name='ferzan']If I remember correctly, this was originally a tech demo with no intention to being made a game. THEN forums everywhere requested it to be a real game AND THEN Nintendo announced it as a full game.[/QUOTE]
ROFL no. Nintendo intended on making this easy cash-in from the very beginning.

For me it's just kind of a thing for the backlog that I don't know if I'll ever actually play. Probably stupid of me since Nintendo's bad about backwards compatibility. If they weren't, it would be cool to have for, who knows, 25 years form now or something when I just want to play it again.

Nintendo is pretty good with backwards compatibility. Usually 1 generation down works well. And who knows, the 3DS may actually be Nintendo's last handheld console lol

bread's done
Back