Deus Ex HR CE Guide (Futurepress) 13.85 GBP at Zavvi or $35 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Get it for about $23 shipped at Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/books/deus-ex-human-revolution-collector-s-edition-guide/10506467.html

or $35 (MSRP) at Amazon if you'd rather not import or wait

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/

Book Description

Publication Date: August 23, 2011
This beautifully bound Collector's hardcover guide has the iconic image of Adam Jensen on it's front cover reproduced with a special high quality gold foil treatment. An additional chapter not found in the standard guide offers an amazing collection of artwork revealing the origins of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's world and characters, as well as a hugely informative interview with key developers at Eidos Montreal who answer our many questions.

AUGMENT YOUR EXPERIENCE
Choice is everything in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Choosing your own approach is at the heart of the game, and the official guide reflects this in every way. Multiple route walkthroughs are provided for each and every section of the game, so wherever you are you ll be able to see all of the possible approaches and their rewards and consequences. See what the game truly has to offer and get the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience.

Multi-route Walkthrough
The walkthrough features a unique multi-route structure. Whether you play stealthily, hack your way through, or simply shooting everyone down, there s a route to follow that suits your playstyle.

Augmentations Exposed
Understanding and combining the Augmentations is where the real fun lies in Deus Ex.

Product Details

• Hardcover: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Future Press (August 23, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 3869930519
  • ISBN-13: 978-3869930510

Oh nice. Wasn't available on Amazon when I checked a couple weeks ago. I think I might just be patient and go the Zavvi route.

FuturePresss hardcover guide is an instant purchase. Thanks OP.

If you really want the guide, I'd suggest ordering it from Zavvi, since FuturePress hardcover guides tend to be UK only, so ordering them on Amazon.com can be a crapshoot. Ordering them on Amazon.co.uk is an option, though this guide doesn't seem to be on the Amazon.co.uk site that I can see.

[quote name='shrike4242']FuturePresss hardcover guide is an instant purchase. Thanks OP.

If you really want the guide, I'd suggest ordering it from Zavvi, since FuturePress hardcover guides tend to be UK only, so ordering them on Amazon.com can be a crapshoot. Ordering them on Amazon.co.uk is an option, though this guide doesn't seem to be on the Amazon.co.uk site that I can see.[/QUOTE]

Here's the amazon.co.uk link, but I have no idea if they ship to the US or how much shipping costs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collector%27s/dp/3869930454/

[quote name='Ionotropic']Here's the amazon.co.uk link, but I have no idea if they ship to the US or how much shipping costs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collector%2527s/dp/3869930454/[/QUOTE]They'll ship to the US without any issue, though shipping isn't free.

VAT wasn't removed from this item as there was no VAT on it. Standard shipping is showing as 6.98 GBP :shock:, so it's 20.87 GBP or $35.07.

The Zavvi deal is much better because shipping is free.

Just for reference, check out the price for the Bayonetta Hardcover Guide by Futurepress on eBay. I remember when that guide was $30 on Amazon.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Just for reference, check out the price for the Bayonetta Hardcover Guide by Futurepress on eBay. I remember when that guide was $30 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That game was actually good and in demand, Dues EX hardcover will be worth jack if the game does not sell.

[quote name='shrike4242']FuturePresss hardcover guide is an instant purchase. Thanks OP.

If you really want the guide, I'd suggest ordering it from Zavvi, since FuturePress hardcover guides tend to be UK only, so ordering them on Amazon.com can be a crapshoot. Ordering them on Amazon.co.uk is an option, though this guide doesn't seem to be on the Amazon.co.uk site that I can see.[/QUOTE]

looks to be legit this time since Future Press linked to it from their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/FuturePress/posts/250768838276944

[quote name='nixmahn']That game was actually good and in demand, Dues EX hardcover will be worth jack if the game does not sell.[/QUOTE]

have you not read any reviews? Deus Ex is looking like a great game and will be in demand

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Just for reference, check out the price for the Bayonetta Hardcover Guide by Futurepress on eBay. I remember when that guide was $30 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

was that guide actually released in the US or only imported? it would seem unlikely since Brady Games did the regular guide for Bayonetta (while for Deus Ex both versions of the guide are by Future Press)

[quote name='buckythekat']looks to be legit this time since Future Press linked to it from their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/FuturePress/posts/250768838276944

was that guide actually released in the US or only imported? it would seem unlikely since Brady Games did the regular guide for Bayonetta (while for Deus Ex both versions of the guide are by Future Press)[/QUOTE]Good to know it's a legit link, though I'd be surprised if it dropped down to the "normal" price of the CE guides on Amazon of $22-$26, if it's a limited guide. We'll see what happens, though I had good luck with TheBookDepository and Zavvi, so I'm OK with either. I ordered one on Zavvi though canceled it when the BookDepository link came up for slightly cheaper.

For the Bayonetta guide, it was never released in the US, only the UK. Any links to the guide on Amazon.com were from resellers bring it to the US from the UK. I ordered mine directly from Amazon.co.uk right before it disappeared and went up in price in a ridiculous fashion. Fantastic guide, though, best looking one I own.

I grabbed one from the bookdepository.

Shrike, in your experience, how do they ship a book like this? I assume you're located in the US, and I just wanted to make sure saving the $ would be worth the risk of damage during shipment.

I ordered one but considering how they ship CE games from the UK, I am wondering what condition the guide will arrive in.

[quote name='shrike4242']For the Bayonetta guide, it was never released in the US, only the UK. Any links to the guide on Amazon.com were from resellers bring it to the US from the UK. I ordered mine directly from Amazon.co.uk right before it disappeared and went up in price in a ridiculous fashion. Fantastic guide, though, best looking one I own.[/QUOTE]

I would have ordered it as well if I had known it existed :whistle2:(

That's such an awesome cover. They used gold foil and everything. I don't even plan to get the game, but I definitely want to own this guide. I think it'll be highly collectible too

[quote name='hazzmos']I grabbed one from the bookdepository.

Shrike, in your experience, how do they ship a book like this? I assume you're located in the US, and I just wanted to make sure saving the $ would be worth the risk of damage during shipment.[/QUOTE]I ordered one guide from them, and from what I remember, it came in a cardboard book mailer, rather than a bubble mailer. BookDepository is a book seller, so I'd trust they would know how to package books to make it to their destination. I didn't have any issues with the guide when it arrived, so I think you should be OK with them.

[quote name='buckythekat']I would have ordered it as well if I had known it existed :whistle2:([/QUOTE]You can still track it down, if you want it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayonetta-O...0039/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313426355&sr=8-2

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's such an awesome cover. They used gold foil and everything. I don't even plan to get the game, but I definitely want to own this guide. I think it'll be highly collectible too[/QUOTE]Agreed. It's FuturePress hardcover, which makes it collectable by default, though I think this may be more collectable than the rest of the FP guides. None of the FP hardcover guides I have dropped in price from what I paid for them, so they do seem to hold their value.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone have any idea if it would come quicker with zavvi or book depository?[/QUOTE]I think BookDepository might be a little quicker, though they're both going to use Royal Mail delivery, so the actual delivery time probably won't differ much. Once it's shipped, it's the same transit time.

[quote name='buckythekat']
have you not read any reviews? Deus Ex is looking like a great game and will be in demand
[/QUOTE]

I actually only see one review for this game on metacritic, a 94 from PC Gamer. That said, this game will definitely sell better than Bayonetta just because of the type of game it is.

Definitely in for one, but thinking about picking up a second. Is it a pretty safe bet this will only increase in value? Also does the book depository charge when it ships or when you order?

Bayonetta Hardcover was the only version of the guide available. There will be a regular version of the Deus Ex HR guide

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I don't know anything about FuturePress guides.
How good are they compared to, let's say, Prima Games?[/QUOTE]

honestly Prima is probably the worst of the major guide publishers

[quote name='buckythekat']honestly Prima is probably the worst of the major guide publishers[/QUOTE]

Hm, I thought their guides for Dead Rising 2, Fallout 3 and Borderlands were good.

[quote name='whoknows']Better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I still liked Prima guides, and I'll give it a try on this FuturePress guide.
The game looks great and since it's for the game Dees Ex, this would come really handy.

NICE, thanks OP! I ordered one through zavvi, man I cannot wait to hold this heavyweight in my hands! XD

edit: lol just realized 13.85 pound in title is the british currency, thought the book was going to be like 14 pounds =P

[quote name='Sharkey1337']NICE, thanks OP! I ordered one through zavvi, man I cannot wait to hold this heavyweight in my hands! XD

edit: lol just realized 13.85 pound in title is the british currency, thought the book was going to be like 14 pounds =P[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty funny. It still should be a heavyweight though, I think its something like 400 pages

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Thats pretty funny. It still should be a heavyweight though, I think its something like 400 pages[/QUOTE]

The regular paperback guide is 336 pages but that still gives me hope this will be a meaty game. DR2 was less than 200, Mass effect 2 was about 288. In comparison a game like Skyrim is coming in at about 525 pages. I am waiting to be sure the reviews are good but I have hope this game will rock.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The regular paperback guide is 336 pages but that still gives me hope this will be a meaty game. DR2 was less than 200, Mass effect 2 was about 288. In comparison a game like Skyrim is coming in at about 525 pages. I am waiting to be sure the reviews are good but I have hope this game will rock.[/QUOTE]

Jesus that skyrim guide is going to be massive.
I remember the GOTY oblivion guide you could kill someone with that thing.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Jesus that skyrim guide is going to be massive.
I remember the GOTY oblivion guide you could kill someone with that thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the GOTY Oblivion weighs in at 496 and sells for $146 at Amazon. The Fallout GOTY edition is 752 pages which is just ridiculous.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah the GOTY Oblivion weighs in at 496 and sells for $146 at Amazon. The Fallout GOTY edition is 752 pages which is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty close to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky guide at 720 pages. Me and my friends called it the source code to the game.

If anyone is getting this through Amazon, please use their lower-price feedback to let them know about Zavvi's price! Hopefully they'll match it or set it even lower.

[quote name='o_O']That's pretty close to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky guide at 720 pages. Me and my friends called it the source code to the game.[/QUOTE]

Why in the world the game's guide so huge?
Is the game worth it?

I love games with great amount of contents, and I'm wondering if the game is any good now that I learned the guide is at 720 pages.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Hm, I thought their guides for Dead Rising 2, Fallout 3 and Borderlands were good.

Thanks. I still liked Prima guides, and I'll give it a try on this FuturePress guide.
The game looks great and since it's for the game Dees Ex, this would come really handy.[/QUOTE]

they vary but yeah those were pretty good guides, other times they put out guides that don't even have a walkthrough

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I don't know anything about FuturePress guides.
How good are they compared to, let's say, Prima Games?[/QUOTE]

Here is an example of a Future Press guide compared to Brady Version.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...s=killzone+2+guide&x=0&y=0&sprefix=killzone+2

Also look at the prices people want for the paperback and hardcovers. All the Future Press reviews say stay away from the Brady version.

The Brady version of Killzone 2 is 176 pages where as the Future Press version has 400 pages. The guides they make are great information plus they usually always hold their value.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Bayonetta guide. I hope one day to find one for a reasonable price with wishful thinking.

Future Press is my favorite company for guides!

[quote name='Bumslie']Here is an example of a Future Press guide compared to Brady Version.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=killzone+2+guide&x=0&y=0&sprefix=killzone+2

Also look at the prices people want for the paperback and hardcovers. All the Future Press reviews say stay away from the Brady version.

The Brady version of Killzone 2 is 176 pages where as the Future Press version has 400 pages. The guides they make are great information plus they usually always hold their value.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Bayonetta guide. I hope one day to find one for a reasonable price with wishful thinking.

Future Press is my favorite company for guides![/QUOTE]

well those prices are rather skewed since the Future Press guides typically do not get published in America

also R.I.P. Double Jump who was the best company for guides

Every time I'm in a conversation talking about the quality of guides, I'm immediately reminded of the atrocity that was Final Fantasy IX. One of my favorite games of all time received a complete bastard of a strategy guide.

Anyhoo, thanks for the link OP, and thanks to whoever posted the Book Depository link... I ended up getting it there. I didn't know where to order from, as I've heard nothing of BD and nothing but bad things about Zavvi. Hopefully it arrives in good shape in a timely fashion.

[quote name='mattcube64']Every time I'm in a conversation talking about the quality of guides, I'm immediately reminded of the atrocity that was Final Fantasy IX. One of my favorite games of all time received a complete bastard of a strategy guide.[/QUOTE]

ugh don't remind me, Play Online was crap and now that guide is completely useless

[quote name='buckythekat']ugh don't remind me, Play Online was crap and now that guide is completely useless[/QUOTE]

SE didn't keep the website for that guide up?

All we know that t he success of Nike Shox Shoes from Nike company is not just the result of advertisement, the most important is the fashion designs and excellent quality.you can buy a newest Nike Shox Monster in the flagship,as we know that all Nike Shox like Nike Shox NZ has 4 circular columns to provide cushioning when running, the midsole of Nike Shox R4 is injected by the Phylon with flexible air sole unit for lightweight,that’s why it’s so popular for girls. And Nike Shox TL3 is also popular for most of youngers. Welcome to cheap shox !

[quote name='mattcube64']Every time I'm in a conversation talking about the quality of guides, I'm immediately reminded of the atrocity that was Final Fantasy IX. One of my favorite games of all time received a complete bastard of a strategy guide.

Anyhoo, thanks for the link OP, and thanks to whoever posted the Book Depository link... I ended up getting it there. I didn't know where to order from, as I've heard nothing of BD and nothing but bad things about Zavvi. Hopefully it arrives in good shape in a timely fashion.[/QUOTE]

I bought the KZ3 CE futurepress guide from zavvi, and it arrived in perfect form. I think it came in a cardboard box.

Just placed an order for one from BD. I haven't been excited about a game in a long time and for very few of them. I was left in awe after watching the director's cut trailer months ago, hand's down one of the best trailers I have seen for any piece of media.

In for one as well from BD. I don't plan to get the game right away i think but I'm on a strategy guide/art books buying spree lately and this seems like a top notch item to have. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back