Asus netbook bootmgr missing

pbnate88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Now another problem with my netbook. Tried reformating and it froze at 97% tried again error now when I try to load up the comp I get in the top left is BOOTMGR is missing ctrl atl del to restart do that same thing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this please

If you were reformatting it, then there won't be a BOOTMGR because you erased the OS by reformatting. You'll have to install an operating system if you want to put BOOTMGR back in the MBR. If you have an OS installed, and it still gives you that same error, try this:
If you have the windows install disk, boot to that and select "Repair your Computer".
If you don't have the disk:

http://www.supergrubdisk.org/

Download Super Grub Disk, burn it to a disk (using these instructions if you don't have an external cd-rom drive) and boot to the disk. Navigate through the menus until you find "Fix Boot of Windows" (this is on the older version that I have, the newer version of SGD might be different) select your hard drive, and hit enter.

I don't have any disk for the netbook, not exactly sure how to get Super Grub on it.
I read the instructions but it's saying for the boot up disc, with the netbook I do not have an external drive.

Edit - could however go purchase an external drive if that software will fix it

[quote name='pbnate88']I don't have any disk for the netbook, not exactly sure how to get Super Grub on it.
I read the instructions but it's saying for the boot up disc, with the netbook I do not have an external drive.

Edit - could however go purchase an external drive if that software will fix it[/QUOTE]

If you have a USB drive you can load it through there. What OS you had on it?

I know with my Samsung netbook, I attempted to load Windows 7 Home using a license key from work. I thought it worked, but then it eventually told me that the key was invalid for that PC (after I installed everything). (I guess it authenticated when I got it connected to the internet.)

Anyway, I was able to reinstall the original Windows 7 starter edition from a backup file that Samsung had created to restore everything to it's original configuration. So you might try and see if that option is available (in in your documentation or watch the boot up process to see if there is a option for Restore prior to the OS attempting to load).

On my Eee, there was a partition that holds all the files necessary to restore Windows on it. You just press F9 in the BIOS to get to it, then follow the prompts. You might have to disable quick boot in the BIOS in order for this to work.

Not really tech savy, had windows 7 starter on it. I'm going to try the grub disk tonight

It wont let me hit F8/F9 anything, keeps saying boot mgr is missing...

bread's done
Back