Donkey Kong Country Returns $34.99 on Amazon

Some people would not consider getting a scratched up coaster disc as being better off.

And is this the cheapest it's ever been so far? I think so. I am hoping for an eventual $20 selects release, but hard to predict with donkey kong games.

[quote name='scottman']Some people would not consider getting a scratched up coaster disc as being better off.[/QUOTE]

Lol, Fortunately I haven't had bad disks from blockbuster.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lol, Fortunately I haven't had bad disks from blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

It's still gross to me, do you know how many people who handle those discs?

Also I'd rather support the developer for $10 more.

Best 2D platformer on Wii and a serious contender of best 2D platformer in general. Gameplay is incredibly well tuned (difficulty level is perfect) and the variety in level designs are fanatic. Only downside is having to shake the Wiimote to roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some damn reason I stopped getting Kmart ads in my inbox, so I had no idea this sale was going on.
I have been waiting for any sale other than MSRP forever.
Question is who should I buy DKC 4 from? Amazon(who's shipping is taking forever with Tactics Orge) or Kmart, which is here and now.

I will have to check BBV for a copy tomorrow. I can hit Kmart later, if they don't have it at there. In for one either way. Thanks.

[quote name='Antipodes']Best 2D platformer on Wii and a serious contender of best 2D platformer in general. Gameplay is incredibly well tuned (difficulty level is perfect) and the variety in level designs are fanatic. Only downside is having to shake the Wiimote to roll.[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros says hello

Eh. I grew up on the originals, and playing this game just caused me to quit eventually and go back to play Donkey Kong Country 3 again.

[quote name='punkmaggit']If you didn't have to fucking shake the wiimote to roll, it'd be awesome.[/QUOTE]

If you have a hacked Wii you can change this and map it to a button. Makes the game even better.

I really enjoy this one, I already have it though, the 2 player is kind of weird. I wish they had done the life distribution differently.

[quote name='AwRy108']DKCR is so much better than NSMB. So much.[/QUOTE]

^

NSMB Wii was a good game, but it isn't close to the running of "best platformer" and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as previous 2D Mario games. I beat it completely twice, but I never liked how Mario controlled. The castle levels had great level design, but the rest wasn't too memorable.

My ranking for recent platforming games are:

NSMB Wii < Super Meat Boy < DKCR < SMG2

I know a lot of people are fans of Meat Boy and will disagree with me on that. I really like Meat Boy and it just goes to show how awesome I thought DKCR and SMG2 were.

I think both DKCR and NSMB are awesome games, but I think DK is more fun to play single player and NSMB is more fun to play multiplayer.

There's just so much chaos with 4 people on the screen that it can get pretty intense.

For anyone waiting for this to go lower, it's currently $24.99 used at Blockbuster. There will be a B1G1 free sale on memorial day, so there is a possibility that you could buy donkey kong and then get a $14.99 or under game for free. It's also possible that Donkey Kong won't qualify for the B1G1 sale at all. It's kind of up in the air right now.

[quote name='punkmaggit']If you didn't have to fucking shake the wiimote to roll[/QUOTE]
That wasn't just a joke back at release? Jesus Retro, what the hell did you do? Way to lose a sale...

bread's done
Back