Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2 (PSP) $9.96

Wow, considering PSP2 is going easy for 3x that, amazing deal.

I haven't bought one of these yet, do they have both individual games in them in the retail boxes?

[quote name='eastx']Fantastic deals. If they were download codes, I'd be all over both of them.[/QUOTE]

This. If this were a bundle on PSN at this price I'd be all over them. Isn't there a chance of that happening though, since all the other dual packs have came to PSN?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Wow, considering PSP2 is going easy for 3x that, amazing deal.

I haven't bought one of these yet, do they have both individual games in them in the retail boxes?[/QUOTE]

It look like they pack 2 games in 1 box set. Kinda suck i paid almost $30 for 2 games and now everyone paying $10.86 after taxes for 2 games :(

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, a walmart preorder...I see them cancelling this[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the MSRP or at least it looks that way since a few other sites have it for the same price. I doubt they'd cancel it.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, a walmart preorder...I see them cancelling this[/QUOTE]

Probably, but im in for one just in case

I placed a preorder on both of these since the price is great and I love the Phantasy Star series, and the Sonic games look worth it at that price as well. Thanks for posting this deal OP

[quote name='sunghost']I believe this is the MSRP or at least it looks that way since a few other sites have it for the same price. I doubt they'd cancel it.[/QUOTE]

I wont buy anything from walmart. Looked on Amazon and Best Buy and did not see it. Just wondering what other sites did you see this at?

[quote name='jrallen99']I wont buy anything from walmart. Looked on Amazon and Best Buy and did not see it. Just wondering what other sites did you see this at?[/QUOTE]

buy.com
jr.com
cduniverse.com
sears.com

all have it available for preorder for under $10. total cost may end up higher than walmart though, due to shipping cost. i'm sure if you wait a little bit longer it'll show up on amazon and bestbuy.com eventually.

[quote name='Cuke']Walmart shipping cost --> Free[/QUOTE]

exactly, which is why i said walmart is probably the cheapest site to order from due to their free shipping. however, this does seem to be MSRP. great deal either way, but i'm going to hold out for the possibility of it coming to PSN. i'd rather have it on vita.

Hows the online for psp2?

And it's kinda suck that sega America won't localize recent Japanese releases psp titles here in the states.

Are there any good Phantasy Star games for anything other than PSP? I don't want to buy PSP games that I won't be able to play on my Vita. I have all other consoles though so I dunno what to do. I wanna play some Phantasy Star lol.

[quote name='matrix9280']Is this a real Phantasy Star game (like 2 and 4) or that online garbage?[/QUOTE]

It's not anything like the ones on the older sega systems. The PSP games are fun though.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Are there any good Phantasy Star games for anything other than PSP? I don't want to buy PSP games that I won't be able to play on my Vita. I have all other consoles though so I dunno what to do. I wanna play some Phantasy Star lol.[/QUOTE]

Well I would recommend getting Sonic's Genesis Collection. It's got Phantasy Star I-IV. They are some of the best old school RPGs. It's a shame they made you have to unlock PSI since I would recommend starting with that but at least it's a pretty easy unlock. I forget how to do it but I remember going after it when I first bought the game and it was a snap.

As far as newer titles I would say PSO for DC or Xbox (1) would be great choices if either were still available to play online. Stay away from PSU though, it was total garbage. I'm holding out hope for PSO 2 that is in the works.

[quote name='matrix9280']Is this a real Phantasy Star game (like 2 and 4) or that online garbage?[/QUOTE]

You sir are bat fuckng insane. Did you ever play PSO? It was the "first" MMORPG and it was freaking awesome for its time.

Obviously, the Phantasy STar games are whats the big draw here, but how are the Sonic Rivals games?

(Also -- I've a "hacked" PSPgo in which I rip my legally bought UMDs and place them on there. Is PSP1/2 online play available to me? or would I get instabanned?)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well I would recommend getting Sonic's Genesis Collection. It's got Phantasy Star I-IV. They are some of the best old school RPGs. It's a shame they made you have to unlock PSI since I would recommend starting with that but at least it's a pretty easy unlock. I forget how to do it but I remember going after it when I first bought the game and it was a snap.

As far as newer titles I would say PSO for DC or Xbox (1) would be great choices if either were still available to play online. Stay away from PSU though, it was total garbage. I'm holding out hope for PSO 2 that is in the works.

You sir are bat fuckng insane. Did you ever play PSO? It was the "first" MMORPG and it was freaking awesome for its time.[/QUOTE]
i think you mean first console MMO ish RPG.

Recently got PSP1 from TRU on clearance for about $5. Been waiting for a good price for PSP2. This is a great deal. At first I thought this was a limited sale price. But since it seems like MSRP for the double pack, I'll wait until it shows up on Amazon.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well I would recommend getting Sonic's Genesis Collection. It's got Phantasy Star I-IV. They are some of the best old school RPGs. It's a shame they made you have to unlock PSI since I would recommend starting with that but at least it's a pretty easy unlock. I forget how to do it but I remember going after it when I first bought the game and it was a snap.
.[/QUOTE]

Ya know I might do that. I'd love to replay all the old PS games I played on my Genesis back in the day. God I loved those games.

You sir are bat fuckng insane. Did you ever play PSO? It was the "first" MMORPG and it was freaking awesome for its time.[/QUOTE]

www.schtserv.com is your friend.
lets you play
DC PSO games, GCN PSO Games (including PARTIAL ep3 support), and PSO ver2 and Blue Burst on PC(ep1,2 and 4)

Xbox PSO is dead and can never be played online since it was integrated with Xbox Live. can't even buy the game and play it now since it REQUIRED a live account to even make a single player file(hacking can get around this to make a default save account to get started)

[quote name='Kolma']www.schtserv.com is your friend.
lets you play
DC PSO games, GCN PSO Games (including PARTIAL ep3 support), and PSO ver2 and Blue Burst on PC(ep1,2 and 4)

Xbox PSO is dead and can never be played online since it was integrated with Xbox Live. can't even buy the game and play it now since it REQUIRED a live account to even make a single player file(hacking can get around this to make a default save account to get started)[/QUOTE]

Interesting....

I've seen some private servers for old game before but I haven't bothered to play them in a few years. I had my fun with those games I'll just wait for PSO 2 and hope they fix the PSU missteps.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Hows the online for psp2?

And it's kinda suck that sega America won't localize recent Japanese releases psp titles here in the states.[/QUOTE]

Terrific, actually: you can play both Ad-hoc (local) and Wi-fi, or you can use the PS3 app. "Ad-hoc Party" and then you have access to voice chat. They've add shortcut chat and a programmable auto-response system to the list of text-based chat options, too.

If you have any fond memories of PSO Ep. I or II, PSP2 will be your next addiction. I loved PSO on DC, GC, and PC (Blue Burst), but PSP2 is 10 times better (though it sucks not having MAG's anymore).

GOOD FIND OP!

Oh wow, I just bought PSP1 for $10 off Amazon (used) a couple of days ago (and due to a mistake, ended up with 2 copies) and have been looking to buy PSP2. Looks like I'll have 2 extra copies of the first one now

[quote name='Kolma']www.schtserv.com is your friend.
lets you play
DC PSO games, GCN PSO Games (including PARTIAL ep3 support), and PSO ver2 and Blue Burst on PC(ep1,2 and 4)[/QUOTE]

I second this. I play PSO on my Gamecube online regularly through SCHTHACK.

It's even down there in my signature. ;)

Hope it's really 9 bucks. If so, I'm gonna buy 3! Then I'm gonna try to convince my 2 other friends with a PSP to play it with me.....that may be harder though.

[quote name='jubeininja69']deal seem too good to be true. i was thinkning of unloading my copies while they still have some value but not so sure now.[/QUOTE]

Why would you even consider the deal if you already have both games?

Wal-Mart charges your CC before its even released? wtf?

At least I just got a $10 charge pending on my CC...

So I doubt they will not honor this deal.

bread's done
Back