Please help a gamer reclaim his lifestyle

CrescendOtaku

CAGiversary!
Hello all,
I come to you with a humble request. Like most of you, I love to buy all the new consoles and all of the newest, hottest titles. There was nothing more relaxing than coming home, picking a game up from the shelf, and sinking into the recliner for hours. So you can imagine my shock and great sadness when I came home last night and all of my consoles, games, and even my extensive anime collection were stolen.
photo.JPG

"This shelf used to be full"

Now, I'm not here to ask for free games or some kind of paypal donation because this kind of thing happens all the time. Instead, I thought I'd offer something of my own. I have an album on iTunes entitled "Portrait" which you can find at the link below:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/portrait/id447964148

If you're a fan of alternative rock, preview some samples and give it a purchase. You'd be helping out a fellow gamer and getting some good music too. Thanks in advance.

-Dave

[quote name='AngryDragon888']That sucks man, sorry to hear it. If I was you I'd be taking that lightsaber and F'n somebody up![/QUOTE]

and here I was going "Man.. they should've stole that lightsaber..."

Damn, sorry man. Besides having my stuff own me, and not the other way around, this is another reason why I don't "collect" anything. I had two of my cars stolen out my driveway a few years ago, so I sympathize.

What about your homeowner's insurance? Those should be covered, no?

Regardless, sorry some a-hole ruined your hobby. That just plain sucks...

[quote name='chrisnsally']What about your homeowner's insurance? Those should be covered, no?
[/QUOTE]

or renters insurance. we pay $13 a month for renters insurance, covered up to $25k for theft (i think its $25k). luckily we havent had to use it.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of that stuff was stolen by someone you know. Of course, I suppose that is often the case.

did they seriously nit pick on what to steal? most of your shelves are full. did they steal anything else (tv, computer, or jewelry)? If not, then it is someone you know personally. They must have been in your house and seen your collection and took what they wanted

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of that stuff was stolen by someone you know. Of course, I suppose that is often the case.[/QUOTE]

+1

Sorry man that totally sucks. I can't believe how angry I would be if that happened to me :bomb:

I suspect someone who lived above me who was recently evicted, possibly because of illegal activity. He would be the only one familiar with the work schedules of my neighbors (since the door was kicked down) and that the door was able to be kicked down. There were other shelves that were picked clean and trash bags were on the floor, so odds are they went through and just did massive sweeps or they titled the shelf and not everything fell out. I've only had a few people in my place and those are family and close friends. And my insurance only covers fires and accidents unfortunately.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of that stuff was stolen by someone you know. Of course, I suppose that is often the case.[/QUOTE]

agreed thats why i prefer to keep my things up and out of sight the less people know about what you own the better.

Damn..Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get your shit back.

I don't mean to kick you when your down but what were the most valuable items stolen?

Sorry to hear. File a report with the police with a list of the stuff you know got stolen. If he's after money, hopefully the perp is dumb enough to try to pawn enough of your stuff at the same place around the area. It's how they managed to nab the dumbass that jacked my buddy's stuff.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for your stuff. I know people who have been caught selling stolen goods that way after they were identified by their victims.

I applaud you for coming up with a story to inspire sympathy targeted specifically at this group of forums hearts so you can spam your band's music without it actually being seen as spam because its layered in a veil of tragedy. You know your audience well, your on a gaming site so your games were stolen.

Cant tell me someone nerdy enough to steal games and anime would actually just take that stuff and leave the rest. Thats a thin story at best.

And "your offering something of your own" is not offering anything of your own, your selling your music on itunes. Offering something would be saying "Hey, Ill paint your house or cut your lawn for some money to rebuy my collection", that is offering something. Your just the guy that stands in bestbuys parking lot saying "Hey I just lost my house but I have these really great brand new surround speakers in the back of the van Im selling cheap".

Sad to see so many people falling for this also. If someone else came in here straight spamming their music they would get banned, but you gussied up your spam with a little sympathy inspiring story and BAM! suddenly your not getting banned, your getting pats on the head and clicks on your links.

[quote name='gargus']I applaud you for coming up with a story to inspire sympathy targeted specifically at this group of forums hearts so you can spam your band's music without it actually being seen as spam because its layered in a veil of tragedy. You know your audience well, your on a gaming site so your games were stolen.

Cant tell me someone nerdy enough to steal games and anime would actually just take that stuff and leave the rest. Thats a thin story at best.

And "your offering something of your own" is not offering anything of your own, your selling your music on itunes. Offering something would be saying "Hey, Ill paint your house or cut your lawn for some money to rebuy my collection", that is offering something. Your just the guy that stands in bestbuys parking lot saying "Hey I just lost my house but I have these really great brand new surround speakers in the back of the van Im selling cheap".

Sad to see so many people falling for this also. If someone else came in here straight spamming their music they would get banned, but you gussied up your spam with a little sympathy inspiring story and BAM! suddenly your not getting banned, your getting pats on the head and clicks on your links.[/QUOTE]

I think we found our CAG villan of the year.

Well, he's obviously jumping to conclusions without any proof, but he could very well be right. I certainly considered it when I saw the post. And I'm not typically the trusting type, but I have nothing to lose by giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. If he really was robbed, then hopefully everything works out. If he's simply scamming people, then I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, he's obviously jumping to conclusions without any proof, but he could very well be right. I certainly considered it when I saw the post. And I'm not typically the trusting type, but I have nothing to lose by giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. If he really was robbed, then hopefully everything works out. If he's simply scamming people, then I'm just glad I'm not one of them.[/QUOTE]

^This. I do feel bad for you OP, if this did occur and I personally do believe it did, but I can understand why others don't.

Hope everything works out in the end and if not, well, I guess just think of it as having more space for things.

To the doubtful CAG, It's fine if you don't believe me. You're more than welcome to ignore the post and not check the link. To everyone else, thanks for the kind and sympathetic posts. Its nice to know the majority of people still have faith in humanity. And in my defense, I'm not part of some band desperately trying to make it. It was something I produced entirely on my own and I've been trying to get on iTunes for years and was finally able to.
Anyway, on a happier note, my friends and coworkers have banded together to donate and help me through this. I'd be the worst person in the world if I was fooling all of them too. So once again, thank you to anyone who viewed this thread and was willing to help out. It means a lot.

Dave
www.voiceofcain.com

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I think we found our CAG villan of the year.[/QUOTE]

Everytime I read a Gargus post I ask myself if this will be the one that gets him banned. Gargus I love your style dude. Never change.

bread's done
Back