Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

Good way to trade in 99c games from GS to BB. With PUR discount you effectively trade ~$2 for at least $4 (add 40% bonus at BB and $1 minimum per PS2 game...). Depends on how many 99c games you can find, the question then will be: is it worth your time?

[quote name='doodmandood']I am not sure if true but I will jump on this so hard.[/QUOTE]

What games do u recommend on the ps2 that is cheap?

The GC stock at my local shops is in surprisingly good shape. It makes me wonder if they emptied the warehouses for this sale.

The same thing happened before the last B2G2 on the PS2 side. All sorts of weird RPGs that I had never seen in stock, with the "white stickered" prices. That said, the PS2 selection is pitiful these days!

This could be the last hurrah if you're looking for uncommon and/or complete GC titles.

[quote name='nakanenui']Good way to trade in 99c games from GS to BB. With PUR discount you effectively trade ~$2 for at least $4 (add 40% bonus at BB and $1 minimum per PS2 game...). Depends on how many 99c games you can find, the question then will be: is it worth your time?[/QUOTE]
I keep hearing that BB's used game stock they're sent is based on how many trades they get. So get to trading in 30-40 disc only copies of Madden 03 for PS2 so your local store will maybe get in some newer/better stuff on the used racks.;)

The store I stop in has a permanent B2G2 deal on PS2 games, and their still accepting PS2 Trade-INs too so its sort of weird.

I'm hoping to find a good amount of .99 cent games and trade them towards BB. I got $20 in GS credit i want to eventually get over to amazon, if not best buy to get some blu's

I was talking to the manager at my local GS today, and heres what he told me:

In 2 weeks there WILL be a B2G2 on all PS2, but his book didn't say anything about GCN yet.

He also said that by February 2012 they might be done with all PS2 stuff, and thats a pretty bold prediction.

[quote name='TMD121']I was talking to the manager at my local GS today, and heres what he told me:

In 2 weeks there WILL be a B2G2 on all PS2, but his book didn't say anything about GCN yet.

He also said that by February 2012 they might be done with all PS2 stuff, and thats a pretty bold prediction.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't shock me. At least one of my local stores no longer carries used PS2 titles. It's in an affluent area, and the stuff was languishing on the shelves.

I want Twilight Princess and Kirby Air Ride on Gamecube. I'll probably pick them up during this sale, along with two of the most expensive Gamecube games I can find. Then I'll trade the two I don't want back to recoup some of the costs.

Not surprising as it was announced yesterday that Wii's in Europe will no longer support GC games,so you can guess that the same news will hit the U.S any day soon.

[quote name='stoned99']Not surprising as it was announced yesterday that Wii's in Europe will no longer support GC games,so you can guess that the same news will hit the U.S any day soon.[/QUOTE]

How does that work, is it like how the slim models of Playstation 3 don't let you play Playstation 2 games? In other words, removal of the Gamecube hardware inside a Wii like controller ports/memory slots.

This newer Wii better be less than $135 or else I'd better jump on the current Mario Kart Wii models.

Might get the Kingdom Hearts games, but have a feeling they're going to be ported to the current generation consoles.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Will BB take any PS2 game as long as it is in good condition?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this too. Although, my gamestop doesn't have the cases for their PS2 games...

I'll be on the lookout for God Hand! Be nice if GBA games were included like last time too, what with the 3DS now out.

[quote name='Gosha']I'll be on the lookout for God Hand! Be nice if GBA games were included like last time too, what with the 3DS now out.[/QUOTE]

I have one right near me. About 2 miles away.

[quote name='Gosha']I'll be on the lookout for God Hand! Be nice if GBA games were included like last time too, what with the 3DS now out.[/QUOTE]

what is god hand and for what system?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']How does that work, is it like how the slim models of Playstation 3 don't let you play Playstation 2 games? In other words, removal of the Gamecube hardware inside a Wii like controller ports/memory slots.

This newer Wii better be less than $135 or else I'd better jump on the current Mario Kart Wii models.

Might get the Kingdom Hearts games, but have a feeling they're going to be ported to the current generation consoles.[/QUOTE]

omg if they did a KH triple pack for PS3 with all 3 PS2 games in HD id be all over that

I wouldn't count on a KH HD pack coming out, reason being that Square lost the rights to use Tarzan a while back so the first game would either need to lose that entire area or not be included.

In the greater Phoenix area some of the GameStop's no longer carry GameCube or PS2 games even though they will take them in for trade. They send those games to another store in the district which does sell them. Similar with GameBoy Advance, only some locations carry the remains.

Based on what I had seen on Kotaku, that new Wii is like the new PSP. It'll be a Euro thing only so I wouldn't worry about losing GC ports and compatibility just yet.

According to the site, 0_0, that game is in the Gamestop located on my work route (Encinitas, CA). Are you looking for a complete version of the game (disc, instructions, box) or just the game itself?

oh man, this is my chance to fill out my shin megami tensei collection. and one of my stores has all 3 that i need!

I traded a couple PS2 games in at best buy a couple weeks ago and they were one each, RE 4 and Primal, not so sure that every PS2 game trades in for at least 2 bucks.

Where are you guys seeing that Best Buy takes Gamecube games!?

I checked their estimator and even tried typing UPC code for popular games such as Melee and nothing came up!!!

Did you guys trade it in to best buy or what?

[quote name='esq373']the deal will most likely be online too. There is a nice selection of ps2 and GC games online.[/QUOTE]

last b2g2 i bought 4 games online, they came in the worst possible shape i could have ever imagined, returned them all.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']last b2g2 i bought 4 games online, they came in the worst possible shape i could have ever imagined, returned them all.[/QUOTE]

lmao that sucks
but my gamestop isnt running this :(

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']last b2g2 i bought 4 games online, they came in the worst possible shape i could have ever imagined, returned them all.[/QUOTE]

Same. Terrible condition.

I'm going to call in my gamestop tomorrow and see if they're running this sale. There are a bunch of gamecube games at my gamestop. I saw a legend of zelda collectors edition full box and manual but I didn't pick it up and then it was gone the next week :(. Hopefully they are running sale so I can pick up whatever is left of the gamecube collection.

If you don't have it, everyone should get the xmen legends games for the gamecube, they are amazing games. Man, I also want Midway arcade classics 2 (has the games I want to play) but none anywhere near me

bread's done
Back