Trade DSi XL, DSi, DS lite for $100/$75/$50 gift card at Bestbuy - in store only

When you click on the deal, the estimator tells you that the xl is only worth 75, and the dsi is only worth 50. Seems like a great deal, but they're going to need to update their system first.

[quote name='Maskim']When you click on the deal, the estimator tells you that the xl is only worth 75, and the dsi is only worth 50. Seems like a great deal, but they're going to need to update their system first.[/QUOTE]I Didnt expect it to show correct on the site b/c it's instore only for the extra credit. Show the CSR @ the trade in kiosk what the value should be per the listing.

I'm glad I stumbled on this b/c I have some ungrateful lil rugrat cousins who have abandoned their reg. DS's since they now have 3DS's. Now all I have to do is let them have some TRU/BB/BBV clearance PS3/PSP/360 titles in trade for the DS's as early Xmas presents.
Should end up with $600-$700 in credit from BB & that pays for my new PS3, PSVita, car stereo & all the tv show seasons on DVD that will be(already Dexter is our now) coming out.

Wow the DS Lite is only worth $50 at best buy? Kinda sucks that i missed the 3DS trade in promo where it was worth $70... ugh

Gonna hold out in hopes they run the promotion again when the red 3DS is released.

:(

[quote name='splattered']Wow the DS Lite is only worth $50 at best buy? Kinda sucks that i missed the 3DS trade in promo where it was worth $70... ugh

Gonna hold out in hopes they run the promotion again when the red 3DS is released.

:([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on that after the DS lite MSRP price drop to 99.99.

It seems like an ok deal to me. I have a DS Lite that I got from Walmart for $60 so I am really considering this. I don't think I will use it anymore since I have a 3DS.

This is actually a VERY good deal for DS Lite owners...considering it dropped to $100 and the fact that places like Gamestop will only give you $25 for a used one. Gonna head in there ASAP and trade in my two DS Lites, maybe pick up a $150 PS3?

I should have waited and traded in my DS Lite at Best Buy rather than Amazon. Amazon was offering $50 for it in "excellent" condition but when I sent mine in, they accepted it at a "good" condition and I only got $42.50. I know it's not that much of a difference but it would have been nice to get the full value I was expecting. I doubt Best Buy would be as picky.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']maybe pick up a $150 PS3?[/QUOTE]Not sure if your asking but $250 PS3 minus the $100 max giftcard $150 PS3 outta pocket. If you have a good # of pawns shops might be a place to search as well as craigslist.

[quote name='zandrolouie']When is the end of this offer?[/QUOTE]No idea it's not listed & I don't know when this offer was posted on the site. I'd say act before Sunday to be safe as most deals end on Sat.

To all who are wondering I called my local Best Buy (Auburn Hills, Michigan) and they told me the promotion starts Sunday 7/21. Also they said you can do more than one at a time.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']To all who are wondering I called my local Best Buy (Auburn Hills, Michigan) and they told me the promotion starts Sunday 7/21. Also they said you can do more than one at a time.[/QUOTE]

Starts 7/21? :whistle2:s

I traded my bronze launch model today for the $100, bought a $50 amazon gc with the credit :cool:

[quote name='Ed_']Starts 7/21? :whistle2:s

I traded my bronze launch model today for the $100, bought a $50 amazon gc with the credit :cool:[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy must suck...either that or the people are idiots. It says "Current Promotions" and they tell me it doesn't start until 7/21 even when it was on the site a few days ago. Oh well, maybe if they're that stupid, I can trick them into thinking my DS Lite is a DSi and get 100$ for it lmao.

paid so much more than this for the console originally. this is why i always keep my consoles. good deal for those interested though, thanks OP

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']My Best Buy must suck...either that or the people are idiots. It says "Current Promotions" and they tell me it doesn't start until 7/21 even when it was on the site a few days ago. Oh well, maybe if they're that stupid, I can trick them into thinking my DS Lite is a DSi and get 100$ for it lmao.[/QUOTE]

Either you haven't realized we're in August or I've been caught in a time warp and am posting from the future. Ooh, nifty! :cool::lol:

[quote name='zandrolouie']When is the end of this offer?[/QUOTE]Looks like it end saturday.

[quote name='ynocturnal']Promo no longer shows up under the OP's link but does when in the Nintendo DS category.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='PublikDefender']The promo also shows up here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...es/pcmcat232900050010.c?id=pcmcat232900050010

However, when you click on the ds trade in promotion the popup for the console estimator states that the DSI is only $50 gift card for good condition (the highest condition you can choose).

So is it $50 or $75 for the DSI and is $75 guaranteed at all best buy locations?[/QUOTE]^^^when the promo was listed it specified "in store only" deals dead. Updating OP

I would hesitate to call this deal dead though. Even if it is in store only, it is still a good deal as long as we get the correct trade in values that have been specified.

Anyone try this in store today (sunday, aug 21)?

Confused, the online estimator (when I tried it earlier in the week) never showed the "in store" promo amount, always showed lower. So it's acting just like it did earlier.

[quote name='ynocturnal']Confused, the online estimator (when I tried it earlier in the week) never showed the "in store" promo amount, always showed lower. So it's acting just like it did earlier.[/QUOTE]The online estimator NEVER showed the difference only the promo in the OP link stated anything about the actual amounts.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I would hesitate to call this deal dead though. Even if it is in store only, it is still a good deal as long as we get the correct trade in values that have been specified.

Anyone try this in store today (sunday, aug 21)?[/QUOTE]

I just did this a few hours ago in CA so its not dead yet. Got a $40 gift card for my DS Lite. $50 - $10 because the bottom screen was scratched a bit. A guy in front of me traded 2 DSi, a good condition for $75 and a fair for $60.

[quote name='Explosivo']I just did this a few hours ago in CA so its not dead yet. Got a $40 gift card for my DS Lite. $50 - $10 because the bottom screen was scratched a bit. A guy in front of me traded 2 DSi, a good condition for $75 and a fair for $60.[/QUOTE]then I'd suggest people interested hop on it ASAP b/c the promo moved from the original place with all the offers fast & there's no date on when it started or ends. Will change the OP back.

Had no problems trading my DSi in yesterday at my local Best Buy. Had me wait at the Geek Squad counter a bit for them to tell me that their system is down and to head over to the video game section. Ian was very helpful and friendly. Took about 10 minutes for him to go through everything and for me to get my $75 credit.

[quote name='immortald3ath']just came back from best buy and i can confirm the deal is still good. Got $75 for my Dsi.[/QUOTE]

I traded my black DSL during the GS coupon offer. I'm a collector of handhelds so I bought a Zelda DSL off eBay. I hope the seller is not a CAG cause I'm gonna leave bad feedback. The sob was supposed to have shipped the item last Wednesday but just shipped it today. I was sure I was gonna get screwed so I picked one up off cowboom, which was in topnotch condition.

[quote name='Ed_']I traded my black DSL during the GS coupon offer. I'm a collector of handhelds so I bought a Zelda DSL off eBay. I hope the seller is not a CAG cause I'm gonna leave bad feedback. The sob was supposed to have shipped the item last Wednesday but just shipped it today. I was sure I was gonna get screwed so I picked one up off cowboom, which was in topnotch condition.[/QUOTE]

U do know that people got the zelda replacement shalls and put it on the regular DS.

I still got a brand new red DS lite. I too like to collect.

Just came back from BB at Colma, CA.. i went to the customer svcs area and the lady said i can only trade it in online.. if i want to trade it instore then i would need a receipt that i made the purchase at BB.. she even ask the geek squard guy.. i even pointed at the ad and they still wont take my DS lite.. i didnt wanna spend anymore time aruging with them so i left.. maybe i'll try another BB tmr..

so for those of u that traded in.. do u guys just go straight to the geek squad and give them ur DS?

[quote name='The Punisher']U do know that people got the zelda replacement shalls and put it on the regular DS.

I still got a brand new red DS lite. I too like to collect.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know but entering the SN on club nintendo tells you if it's a Zelda bundle.

Just traded in my DS Lite yesterday (8/23). Mine was in perfect condition, used screen protectors from day 1, cleaned the shoulder buttons with alcohol, had the original box with all the packaging and pamphlets. I reset the system by removing the battery.

Received 50$ from it. They clearly knew about the trade in since the two geek squad members were talking about how this was the best ds they had seen so far during this promotion. So, the deal is certainly still going on.

A caveat to some though. You have to be 18 or older to get in on this. I look young for my age and it didn't help that I was trading in a console normally associated with kids, initially they said I wouldn't be able to get the gift card assuming I was under 18 (I'm 24 -_-)

So for those who are actually under 18, you'll need someone else to do the trade in for you.

Also, they asked me if I had bought it from Best Buy and still had the receipt, which I did not have on me at the time, but I was not turned away for it. They said it was no big deal. So I'm curious as to why they asked at all.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Also, they asked me if I had bought it from Best Buy and still had the receipt, which I did not have on me at the time, but I was not turned away for it. They said it was no big deal. So I'm curious as to why they asked at all.[/QUOTE]When they 1st started the trade stuff 1 of their rules was the items needed to be purchased at BB to be traded back in...didn't last too long before someone woke up & realized that it wasn't going to work.

The BB i went to in CA asked for my receipt also which i dun have since i never bought it at BB.. so they didn't take my ds lite.. i even showed them the ad.. will try another BB later before the promo ends.. somehow i always feel most BB staffs doesnt know what they're doing..

I sold my black DSi, and got $75- sweet! They didn't even ask for the charger, and I had it on the counter and everything. Now I have a second charger for my 3DS :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back