So is Skyward Sword day 1 for you??

EdgeOfThorns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
November may be one of the most insane gaming months in a long time, Skyrim, U3, Zelda...what else am i missing?

But yea its day 1 for me, i will be there with bells on :bouncy:

If only I did not have the Skyrim Collectors Edition preordered I would totally get Skyward Sword day 1 but hopefully I can get it soon after.

Yes, it will be a Day 1 Purchase. Day -X if I can. Gold Wiimote Bundle if possible.

I'm...kinda thinking it'll be better than either Galaxy at this point. Call me crazy, but that's what I'm thinking.

Maybe.

For me, it depends if there are any special pre-order bonuses or bundles. The game I can wait on, because my backlog is huge. But a special pre-order goodie? Yes please.

November is going to be insane! But yes, Day 1 (unless I can find it sooner :D ) as has been the case with every Zelda since OoT with me. Now to decide if I want to do a Zelda series replay to commemorate the release of a new game... (since I just finished OoT 3D and TP replay recently)

Zelda has grown quite stale for me. I liked Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess did nothing for me. Keeping that in mind, I'd say my two favorite 'Zelda' games from the past two generations are Okami and Beyond Good and Evil.

So this might be the first Zelda I pass on.

My answer is no for 2 reasons. One, my backlog is huge and I can't justify the price just to add it to my backlog. Two, I'm still working on Twilight Princess.

Comes out on a Sunday I believe but I'm preordering online so I won't be getting it until the Monday after I assume. It's day 1 for me from then on.

well since i preordered mine at gamestop with that promo they had a while ago (trade in get 40% towards a E3 game) and ill be getting a $50 GC from GS, so yes. maybe not a the day of. i just hope theyre giving SOME promotion.

I don't know if I'll get the collector's edition (that would be a first) or the O.G. version.
Regardless, I need to repair my Wii first.

I probably will (debating the CE), but I don't know if I'll play it day 1. I'll have Skyrim before. Since Skyrim has quests where I can naturally stop and take a break, I'll probably play that over my Thanksgiving vacation, then save Skyward Sword for after the semester when I can play it all without a long break.

[quote name='Corvin']Zelda has grown quite stale for me. I liked Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess did nothing for me. Keeping that in mind, I'd say my two favorite 'Zelda' games from the past two generations are Okami and Beyond Good and Evil.

So this might be the first Zelda I pass on.[/QUOTE]

This actually looks to be the first Zelda to really mix up the formula quite a bit in a looooooong time. I was pretty salty on the series but after seeing just a glimpse of the newer media I am sold. I'm Wii-less at the moment but I will be purchasing the standard edition day one.

I still have to play Twilight Princess before I even think about buying Skyward Sword,
I'm more concerned with getting enough money up just to buy Skyrim and U3.
I'll prolly snag it off the Amazon Warehouse a couple months after it comes out.

Looks good, but not day one. Will probably be 60 hours into Skyrim - I'll be surprised if I play anything else before the year is out.

OP I am totally interested in need for speed the run. And I don't like the games and don't plan on buying it, but modern warfare 3 comes out too. BBBBaaatttttttllleeefffiiieeelllddd!!!!!

Day 1 for me on zelda and I am gonna get the gold controller... mmmmmmmm gold controller

Almost certainly day 1 for me. There are 5 games I MUST have for the rest of the year...Dark Souls, Rage, Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. Everything else depends on how much extra cash I have. Skyward Sword is probably 6th on the list though so it most likely be purchased immediately.

Yes, gold wiimote version as well, Zelda has always been one of my favorite franchises so there's no way I'm missing an entry at launch!

[quote name='cochesecochese']This actually looks to be the first Zelda to really mix up the formula quite a bit in a looooooong time..[/QUOTE]

Really? Tell me more. :) I haven't kept up.

Zelda might just get a sale by default. There isn't a single new game coming out the rest of the year I'm interested in. (only Halo: Anniversary and Dead Rising 2 remix)

The only question is which will weigh on me more, overcoming a tired Zelda franchise and waggle, or the unplayed pile keeping me busy the rest of the year.

Off hand:

- Some dungeons will no longer be self contained and actually occur 'in the field' although Aonuma hasn't elaborated on this.
- Item upgrade system
- Second quest, boss rush mode
- Emphasis on action and combat

I'm on official media blackout because I don't want to get spoiled the same way I got spoiled for Twilight Princess. There is a TON more info out there if you want to spoil yourself.

Gotta be a day one purchase for me. Uncharted 3 will be the same way.

I really want to pick up Arkham City on day one as well, but, I may hold off on it simply because it will likely drop faster than the previous two games I mentioned.

And hopefully, that's all I'll need to pick up late this year.

Nope. I want to play the game, but I have yet to enjoy a game that was fully based on motion controls. If I could play it with the classic controller then yes, as it is I will wait for reviews, and probably not get it until things slow down a bit in 2012.

Haven't decided yet. I have the game preordered but I am thinking about cancelling. The game looks awesome, and Nintendo games don't really drop in price; on the other hand, I'll be knee deep in Gears 3 and Rage, and I still have Wind Waker waiting in the shrinkwrap.

Yes, probably won't play right away. But I have to have the orchestra soundtrack. Don't care about the golden wiimote

Not until it drops in price for me, I have a TV and the limited edition MW3 Xbox 360 to buy... plus I have to buy a TV stand... yeah

I had some Amazon credit, so I'll get this close to day one. Between this and Skyrim, I am going to be so burnt out on video games in November and December, especially if these are high hour games.

the only motivation for a day one purchase is getting a preorder GC. there's just too many great games coming out the next couple months...there's just not enough time to enjoy all the titles.

If they offer a pre-order credit of $20, I'm in for day 1... and then will give it to my kids at xmas. I'll play it too, sure.

This one is part of my Best Buy pre-order deal: (Zelda, Batman, Skyrim, Uncharted, and Battlefield). I probably won't be playing Zelda until next year though.

I'd like to, but sadly I can't justify the purchase.

I love the series, but I'm still working on Twilight Princess. And I still have 38games sealed that I haven't touched yet. And another 44 that I've played for a couple of hours, but never got back to.

I hope the CE sticks around for a while. I might be able to justify a december pickup of it ^^; Christmas gift to myself.

Wow, lots of people buying Skyrim in here. I'm not quite so high on ES or Bethesda, so this will be my final "rpg"(though Zelda uses the elements lightly IMO) of the year, and a day one buy at that. November will definitely be a busy month for me as I'll have U3, SM3DL & AC:R coming up first for me, though I will have Uncharted finished within the first few days. I'll probably save AC for Thanksgiving weekend(like I did last year) and switch out between it & SS. After that, all I've got left in the pipeline for 2011 is Mario Kart 7.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yes, gold wiimote version as well, Zelda has always been one of my favorite franchises so there's no way I'm missing an entry at launch![/QUOTE]

Same here. Gold remote for me. I have yet to be disappointed with a Zelda game, so definitely a day 1 purchase. Sadly, not much else Nintendo is doing interests me...

I'm definitely going to pre-order the bundle. Just bought OOT on VC to play again, haven't since the late nineties. Are there any pre-order credits or deals floating around yet?

I preordered it today with the gold controller. I haven't turned my Wii on in months. So, I feel a little crazy doing it.

Holy crap, there will be a 2nd quest. How many Zeldas have done this since the original? (that is the only one I ever was aware of)

[quote name='Yanksfan']Holy crap, there will be a 2nd quest. How many Zeldas have done this since the original? (that is the only one I ever was aware of)[/QUOTE]

2nd quest? details please!

No but only because after October 21st, my free time will vanish in the wind. Forza 4/Batman are pretty much the last games this year that I'll have any quality time with. I'm missing out on so much stuff :(

bread's done
Back