Sports Champions (PS3) $6.99-USED at Gamestop

The game can typically be found for less money on ebay. No tax, or shipping and handling costs. Win. Its also cheaper on Glyde.com at the moment as well. Pass on Gamestop's "deal".

[quote name='mariska']The game can typically be found for less money on ebay. No tax, or shipping and handling costs. Win. Its also cheaper on Glyde.com at the moment as well. Pass on Gamestop's "deal".[/QUOTE]

This is true... However if your looking for a retail local pick up its not bad. I bought my PlayStation Move on ebay. It came with 2 move controllers, camera, and Eyepet and Start the Party for 82 bucks. Always wanted to get this but haven't found a price under $10 to pick up from a store. Best price i saw so far was @ blockbuster for $14.99.

[quote name='mariska']The game can typically be found for less money on ebay. No tax, or shipping and handling costs. Win. Its also cheaper on Glyde.com at the moment as well. Pass on Gamestop's "deal".[/QUOTE]

Really? In the past five days, only ONE auction on ebay has ended with the total price being less than Gamestop's. I don't know where the "no shipping and handling costs" comes into play because that's a factor on EVERY auction. Buying it from Gamestop means you get it instantaneously and not have to wait nearly a week for it to come in, you can look at the game before you buy it, and you have a week-long return period and 30-day replacement guarantee. Good luck getting those on ebay (at least without having to spend money to ship it back).

Ebay rarely has deals, and this is one that is surely better at Gamestop. Go complain somewhere else.

Then why not start a thread and post where you can get these deals? Rather than hijacking someone elses thread and being an ass. Just a thought..

I went to the gamestop web site and found sports champions for $6.99 but upon further inspection it says not available online so I use the locater and whatever store I choose it says $9.99. WTH?? It says 6.99 but not online but also not in stores? This makes no sense.

[quote name='Pliskin101']I went to the gamestop web site and found sports champions for $6.99 but upon further inspection it says not available online so I use the locater and whatever store I choose it says $9.99. WTH?? It says 6.99 but not online but also not in stores? This makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I just noticed this myself. I checked to make sure it's not an "online-only" deal, the email even says "online and in-stores". I suppose the store price hasn't changed yet. I'm sure they'll fix it for you if you just show them the ad.

Thanks Op. I think I might pick this up. Have an unopened socom full deployment bundle that this will compliment nicely.

Called 3 local gamestops and they said it was $6.99 and they had copys of the game. Ill go this afternoon and pick one up myself.

oh wow. this is even better than kung fu rider for $5 during the toys r us clearance sale last week. i'm still enjoying kung fu rider but i'll pick this up as well. glad that i cancelled my $30 no more heroes order. i'll wait until that drops to $20.

Im wondering if I should cash in some of my powerup rewards points for this and get the $5.00 off preowned for 4000 points bringing it down to a $1.99. Does anyone know if they have restrictions on using the coupon on sales? Do you also think I should just hold onto the points for something else?

[quote name='thenurseryan']Im wondering if I should cash in some of my powerup rewards points for this and get the $5.00 off preowned for 4000 points bringing it down to a $1.99. Does anyone know if they have restrictions on using the coupon on sales? Do you also think I should just hold onto the points for something else?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can use that coupon on sale items. I'd say this game is definitely worth $2. A few of the games are pretty cool. My buddy and I have logged a shit load of hours playing bocce ball and frisbee golf

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm pretty sure you can use that coupon on sale items. I'd say this game is definitely worth $2. A few of the games are pretty cool. My buddy and I have logged a shit load of hours playing bocce ball and frisbee golf[/QUOTE]

Bocce Ball is definately the best part of Sports Champions.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm pretty sure you can use that coupon on sale items. I'd say this game is definitely worth $2. A few of the games are pretty cool. My buddy and I have logged a shit load of hours playing bocce ball and frisbee golf[/QUOTE]

I concur with that statement. My friend and I have logged countless hours into the Volleyball game.

[quote name='Enuf']don't they accept AMZ credit?[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah. I thought amazon gift cards were only good for products shipped and sold by Amazon, but I was wrong. It also works for third party sellers.

Amazon "promotional credit" only works for items shipped and sold by Amazon. I was confusing the two.

However, gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. So either way, it doesn't work.

[quote name='buckythekat']how much is a used Move controller at Gamestop?

it's not listed on the site[/QUOTE]

I want to say its about $44 dollars

EDIT- ok I just checked my receipt for a month or so back, $44.95/ $40.49 with PUR (preowned)

Based on Gamestop's pricing, they're probably $45, since a new one is $50 and their pre-owned is usually 10% off new price.

I don't think move has been nearly the success that Kinect has been and most titles have been similar to Wii games. Personally, I wouldn't even bother buying anything move related. I'm sure that in a year or two when PS4 comes out, this thing will be clearanced out for next to nothing.

[quote name='buckythekat']how much is a used Move controller at Gamestop?

it's not listed on the site[/QUOTE]You could've scored 1 for $33 New @ TRU about a month ago during a 2 day sale. I think I'll be picking up a 2nd sharpshooter & Socom 4 for $60 @ Kmart next week. Already have the FDE but a 2nd sharpshooter will mean I only have to wait for a $20 nav deal & I'll be set.

[quote name='Blaster man']I don't think move has been nearly the success that Kinect has been and most titles have been similar to Wii games. Personally, I wouldn't even bother buying anything move related. I'm sure that in a year or two when PS4 comes out, this thing will be clearanced out for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]it hasn't sold as well b/c there's no killer software for Move yet. If PS move heroes could've been worthy of what it was billed to be & there was a star wars, MGS and/or FF Move title then it would really take off. But it ain't going nowhere even when PS4 comes out Move will be here to stay they may upgrade it though.

I just picked up one tonight. Thanks for the info, OP. We've had a good deal of fun with this via rentals in the past.

[quote name='Blaster man']I really doubt move is here to stay.[/QUOTE]

Is there any useful information you wanna contribute about sports champions or are you just here to troll the move?

On topic I can also vouch for the awesomeness of this game. I love throwing down on some disc golf and the gladiator one. Def worth it at this price.

[quote name='loc0bob']Is there any useful information you wanna contribute about sports champions or are you just here to troll the move?

On topic I can also vouch for the awesomeness of this game. I love throwing down on some disc golf and the gladiator one. Def worth it at this price.[/QUOTE]

Troll move? More like warning people about throwing money down a rat hole.
By the way, I just watched a video of sorcery on YouTube. It was supposed to come out spring 2011. Was that a real date at the time or did they know it wouldn't be ready by then? Reminds me of GT5. I really hate how Sony hypes shit and lies about unrealistic release dates. I wonder if that title will turn up on PS4?

[quote name='Blaster man']I really doubt move is here to stay.[/QUOTE]Ain't that what people said about Wii "gimmick" & Kinect. The casual market is here to stay b/c of their spending power & companies will provide for them. If they can produce top tier AAA titles I'll buy but just dance ain't gonna cut it for me.

[quote name='Enuf']Ain't that what people said about Wii "gimmick" & Kinect. The casual market is here to stay b/c of their spending power & companies will provide for them. If they can produce top tier AAA titles I'll buy but just dance ain't gonna cut it for me.[/QUOTE]

The problems with move is that it's very similar to the Wii and most casual gamers already have that. If sony packed the move controls into the console like Nintendo does, they would have a better chance for success. When Move Fitness comes out, sales figures will show how many casuals bought into the move controler. Sony is copying Nintendo and putting out exeecise games and such. I think they are making a mistake thinking people want that stuff with Move. They should have a controller packed in with Fitness.

[quote name='Blaster man']Troll move? More like warning people about throwing money down a rat hole.
By the way, I just watched a video of sorcery on YouTube. It was supposed to come out spring 2011. Was that a real date at the time or did they know it wouldn't be ready by then? Reminds me of GT5. I really hate how Sony hypes shit and lies about unrealistic release dates. I wonder if that title will turn up on PS4?[/QUOTE]

You reek of a Microsoft fanboy.

I'm gonna get this. I could use another game for my Move.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']You reek of a Microsoft fanboy.

I'm gonna get this. I could use another game for my Move.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm just cheap. I own all systems and see no reason to buy move for so much when I will be able to get it on clearance for 75% off in a year or two. perhaps you are more a fan than me for showing so much loyalty to a game company. Don't tell me you bought the PS3 when it was released? I waited till it was $300. Saved a bunch of cash.

He'll, even with my 360, I got RROD out of warranty and yelled at the Indian call center worker for almost a full hour until I got a free repair. So no, I'm not a fanboy. I am cheap. And from my perspective, move will have a handful of good games by the time it's over and I plan on getting it and the games at a steep discount. Besides, with the backlog, there is really little reason to pay full price for hardaware.

[quote name='Blaster man']Troll move? More like warning people about throwing money down a rat hole.
By the way, I just watched a video of sorcery on YouTube. It was supposed to come out spring 2011. Was that a real date at the time or did they know it wouldn't be ready by then? Reminds me of GT5. I really hate how Sony hypes shit and lies about unrealistic release dates. I wonder if that title will turn up on PS4?[/QUOTE]

Its not just sony. All game companies hype shiz. Promise unrealistic release dates and promises of certain attributes in games. I think as gamers we get that and understand thats just the way it works. I mean take a look at Joy Ride for kinect. That was suppose to be a free downloadable game that was turned in a retail title for $39.99. I dont see the move or kinect going anywhere when the next gen comes out. The move is just an extension of the eyetoy from ps2. I am impressed by the one to one detail of the controls. I was a skeptic at first but I got it pretty cheap and it gives me some extra games to mess around with. If you look at the line up of games as well there are more move based games then kinect. Some just tacked on with the controls but its something. I have all the systems of this gen and have preferences of what I like on the different consoles, but when it comes down to it, its just something to play some games on... CHEAP ASS GAMES preferred.

And On That Note...

I went to gamestop and used my $5.00 off promo code. I got the game for $1.92!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trolling at it's finest. Now your hating on Sony in general. This isn't a ps move or Sony thread, it's for the GAME sports champions. Yet all your posts have been doing nothing but hating on the move and/or Sony. If you don't like the move then that's ok but don't troll threads trying to start flame wars. More than likely people who look at this thread already have the move anyway because this game requires the move in the first place. Your just trying to stir up an argument. So unless you wanna contribute about you experience with sports champions then shut up, GTFO and go hang with gargus.

[quote name='thenurseryan']Its not just sony. All game companies hype shiz. Promise unrealistic release dates and promises of certain attributes in games. I think as gamers we get that and understand thats just the way it works.

I went to gamestop and used my $5.00 off promo code. I got the game for $1.92![/QUOTE]

Okay that's a great price for this game but my point was that move in general is too expensive right now.

As far as hype, yes all companies do it but Sony is the worst. They announce things many years before release. Microsoft usually announces things about 6 months before release (with a few notable exceptions such as Alan Wake). Nintendo announces some stuff quickly but they're pretty bad with early announcements. I still remember waiting YEARS for Earthbound 64....only to see that game cancelled. When I think about it, I still get a little annoyed.

no offense... I just came across this and laughed!

Achievementtroll.jpg

I really hope not because I really want to play that. It looks phenomenal!

[quote name='xskaxninjax']That's odd. I just noticed this myself. I checked to make sure it's not an "online-only" deal, the email even says "online and in-stores". I suppose the store price hasn't changed yet. I'm sure they'll fix it for you if you just show them the ad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will check it out later

So no problems in store to report? Everybody is picking this up at $6.99? Good to hear, I'm on my way there now. (GS is next to Target and my family needs milk.)

Oh, and I agree with the troll that a Move wand at $50 is overpriced hardware, plus it requires a $35 camera, but also agree he/she is a troll b/c he/she espouses ones cheapness and this thread is about a $6.99 game and not about a sale on the Move hardware so troll is troll. And if the troll doesn't own Move hardware then what the hell are they doing in a thread about a Move game thats $6.99?

Picked up at Gamestop in Copaigue no problem for $6.29 w/ PUR. Manager did NOT know about the sale but it rang up $6.99. I was disappointed though as I thought the 10 demos would be on the disc. It's a clean disc in the box w/ manual. I thought Wii archery was better.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back