FIFA 12 Thread: OUT NOW, 9.5 @ IGN. Sign up for the CAG League!

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
FIFA doesn't seem to get a lot of love on the CAG forums for some reason.. I think there was about a 20 post thread about 11 when it came out last year. Either way, I'm a huge fan of the series. Still putting a lot of time into '11 in anticipation and can't wait for the new one to come out. Hope there's a little bit of interest to maybe create a CAG club for this years version.

Release Information
Demo Date - Sept. 13th
Ultimate Team Web App - Sept. 23
Release Date - Sept. 27th

Trailer (From Gamescom 2011)

[youtube]istUJhYecmI[/youtube]

REVIEWS
IGN - 9.5
Computerandvideogames.com - 93
Official Xbox Magizine - 9

Preorder Bonuses
Amazon - $10 Amazon GC, 12"x12" MLS Fathead
Gamestop - 24 Gold Packs for FIFA Ultimate Team

CAG FC and/or League Info
We are looking to start up a league. Post your gamertag in this thread to sign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be buying. Huge fan of the series. Been playing since FIFA 09 but played 11 the most. I normally only play online but I want to tackle the Career mode more this year as well as Ultimate Team

I really want both preorder bonuses..Do you think that you can do a buy and return at GameStop to get the Gold Packs?

EDIT: Added a Few of the More Recent Screenshots

fifa-12-screenshot-large.jpg

17125.jpg

17126.jpg

^^ I would play in a CAG FC..if we could find 8 that would probably be perfect..Everyone could probably get the team they want...Who does everyone play as??

I would join also although I am already in a club that will switch over to Fifa 12 when its out.

The more Fifa the better.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']^^ I would play in a CAG FC..if we could find 8 that would probably be perfect..Everyone could probably get the team they want...Who does everyone play as??[/QUOTE]
I was referring to the mode where everyone uses their virtual pro to create a team, but an actual league would be cool too. I'm a huge barca fan having been there a few years back, but if we were to make a league id have to see what team fits my play style the best. I liked playing with Ajax this year but I think Suarez is gone and he was my favorite player haha

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I was referring to the mode where everyone uses their virtual pro to create a team, but an actual league would be cool too. I'm a huge barca fan having been there a few years back, but if we were to make a league id have to see what team fits my play style the best. I liked playing with Ajax this year but I think Suarez is gone and he was my favorite player haha[/QUOTE]

Oh..I cant seem to play those Virtual Pro modes..For some reason I have to have control of the whole team on the pitch..haha

I would be willing to play in league where each person has there own team..Im always open to play some Friendly matches as well

oh, finally they will include the Ultimate Team on the disc. I've been a loyal PES player until 2008 (they turned crap suddenly), then bought FIFA 10 and freakin love it. Considering on getting 12 too :D.

Edit: oh wait, you guys are talking about the 360 version lol. I thought this was ps3 forum.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Oh..I cant seem to play those Virtual Pro modes..For some reason I have to have control of the whole team on the pitch..haha

I would be willing to play in league where each person has there own team..Im always open to play some Friendly matches as well[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, I just think it would be fun to possibly try something new. It works out well for the guys in the NHL thread although it's probably easier to get 5 or 6 guys than it is 11.

Either way, I'm down to do either mode providing we can drum up enough interest.

I am for sure getting the game, but I'm uncertain as to what my schedule will look like this Fall so I won't commit to a league quite yet. However, if I do get a chance to play, I will want to play with Bayern München. No exceptions :cool:

24 UT gold packs? daaaaaamn.. i might have to go gamestop this year
(edit: ehhh its only 4 packs a month for 6 months)

i might be able to do the league but i already have a full team of guys from brazil for clubs

fyi on sept 20 they are releasing the webapp for UT so you can get a headstart on that too

I will be getting FIFA 12 day one for sure. It's the best sports game around (only NHL or NBA 2K rivals it), and I've always wanted to join a club. I'd be interested in joining a CAG virtual pro team, or a CAG league. Although in a league, I'd have to be Man City.

anyone here played winning eleven or PES back when it was golden? i bought my first fifa last year and man its much more complicated than PES lol

i honestly prefer WE or PES over fifa only because they last long and new ones dont come out every year... until the current gen console was released

Definitely getting it, day 1. Will join either mode. Would prefer a league over a club though. I play as a lot of teams, I dont like to just stick to Barca, Man U, etc. too boring.

Do you think we can start deciding if we are going to have a CAG League or a Club? Seems like we aren't going to gain anymore interest than what we already have.

By the way, I've been playing FIFA 11 to prep for 12 — demo comes out tomorrow! — but have been having serious problems connecting to the EA servers. Has anyone else been having this problem? It never happened to me before. 3 out of 4 times I just cannot connect.

Yes it is, and its the greatest fucking thing I have ever played. This is the best sports sim on the market right now.

[quote name='buddynayr']By the way, I've been playing FIFA 11 to prep for 12 — demo comes out tomorrow! — but have been having serious problems connecting to the EA servers. Has anyone else been having this problem? It never happened to me before. 3 out of 4 times I just cannot connect.[/QUOTE]
servers been in the tank for the past 2-3 weeks.. everybody having problems connecting

takes me a solid 5 minutes to log on UT.. but the main problem is the d/c problems everybody been having

FIFA 12 is much harder! I'm absolutely terrible at defending now. It's more difficult now that you can't just hold B all the time. I never seem to be able to get the ball.

Amazon dropped it's $20 credit to $10.. FIFA 11 trade in value is currently $24 so anyone looking to unload last year's version toward 12, now's the time.

I placed my preorder on 9/1/11 when it was still a $20 credit.

Will I get $20 or $10 now that it changed?

for those suffering defensively.. you can switch it back to classic defending.. (legacy defending.) Go to controller settings -> Legacy defending. I just don't see the benefit of the new defending at all. I don't see it being an advantage once learned.

New defending is brutal. Online games are going to be shoot-outs.

Also, i've had way too many unintentionally hilarious run-ins with the new physics engine.

Slightly worried about FIFA 12, especially since FIFA 11 is one of my all-time most played games.

the new defending system is amazing, no more calling on second defender and having them unrealistically run to ball like a heat seeking missile and have the attacker run right around them. After a while of getting used to it, i liked it alot.

I'm also down for league/club

The FUT web app is now online

Also, IGN review is in: 9.5 / 10

:edit: Made my first squad in FUT 12, and I've been messing around with the FIFA Creation Center trying to make my team from high school. It's a lot better than 11's creation center - You can now upload your own logos, sponsor logos, etc, and there's a lot more customization on the player creation standpoint. You can also add players who are already in FIFA 12 to your created team.

I've probably put a solid 3 hours into the game before release lol

This and BF3 are my two holiday games this year.

Most definitely interested in joining a virtual pro club.

Traded in FIFA 11 to BB, been playing the demo for about 2 weeks now, 3 minutes per half is not enough!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']The FUT web app is now online

:edit: Made my first squad in FUT 12, and I've been messing around with the FIFA Creation Center trying to make my team from high school. It's a lot better than 11's creation center - You can now upload your own logos, sponsor logos, etc, and there's a lot more customization on the player creation standpoint. You can also add players who are already in FIFA 12 to your created team.

I've probably put a solid 3 hours into the game before release lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tooled around with FUT 12, too. It's a really fun mode, in principle, but if you don't want to pay real money for player packs, it's ultimately futile. You simply can't win enough games to compete with the players who buy gold packs all the time. EA must be laughing all the way to the bank at the amount of money people spend on that mode.

That said, the demo for FIFA 12 is awesome, and I can't wait for the CAG club to start up! Count me in!

[quote name='buddynayr']Yeah, I tooled around with FUT 12, too. It's a really fun mode, in principle, but if you don't want to pay real money for player packs, it's ultimately futile. You simply can't win enough games to compete with the players who buy gold packs all the time. EA must be laughing all the way to the bank at the amount of money people spend on that mode.

That said, the demo for FIFA 12 is awesome, and I can't wait for the CAG club to start up! Count me in![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I usually stick to offline mode for the same reasons. I've never spent any money on anything, but I've played 95 matches and made a couple respectable squads. You can also try and buy low and sell high and make coins that way, that's what I did toward the end of my time with FUT 11. Theres a few tactics on how you can make coins playing the market and not using your wallet. It may seem a little intimidating trying to take on guys online that have like 90 overall squads lol, but if you can get past that, it's yet another awesome feature in a game packed with them.

Also, we need to decide if we're doing a club or like a tournament or season or what's going on with that haha. I'll try to put a poll in the OP, and if you want to play, just drop your GT and mode you want to play and I'll drop the in the OP.

I created the tag CAG FIFA 12 FC. You can add the tag and hit "view friends" to see which CAGs are online and playing. Guess that's how we'll do things until we figure out what we want to do haha.

bread's done
Back