- - - - -

HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

#8611 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

I may have to check out Five Below this week when I'm down in that area to see if I can find a screen protector or three for it and maybe one of those cases that doubles as a stand cuz there's still no way in fuckin' hell I'm paying $35-50 for a frickin' stand/case.

How about $10 for the Griffin Folio from verizon?

#8612 Ace_Defective   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Ace_Defective

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

I only ordered one(from onSale) and I was lucky to get one. So far I'm liking it, good luck to all of you Touchpad hunters out there.

#8613 Jiggaloj   Navigator CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

How many people actually ordered just one?

Guess i will have to wait untill hp restocks since i live in a podunk town with no stores but walmart.

I ordered one right around when the news hit on Friday. I didn't want to have a lot of money tied up in other places so I just stuck with my one order at HP Academy. I also didn't want to deal with the crowds at B&M stores.

#8614 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Eh. I just want a case for as cheap as possible. If I can find one that fits decently I'll be happy enough. Are there any combination case/screen protector dealies out there for $5-10? If so, I'd spring for one of those.

#8615 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

Eh. I just want a case for as cheap as possible. If I can find one that fits decently I'll be happy enough. Are there any combination case/screen protector dealies out there for $5-10? If so, I'd spring for one of those.

I dont think you can find a combination for that cheap after the change in supply/demand...screen protector would run u atleast $7-8. For Case perhaps look for target clearance Ipad cases for few bucks perhaps it would fit. But for a confirmed good fit I would recommend the Griffin if you got the $10, its FS and included tax. Your best chance would be the local store where they have clearance on Ipad cases. Ebay is just overprice now.

#8616 Moltres423   Not easy being meaty CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Moltres423

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

Got mine by standing in line at best buy last wednesday. I got there a 8:40 ,an hour and 20 mins before the store opened and there was 14 people in line. Luckily a sales associate came out and handed out tickets, and guaranteed each person who got one that the would receive a touchpad. I was number 15 of course, and they only gave away 20!

I went ahead and bought a touchstone and a case along with some filler to get the discount on bestbuy.com, but now I'm considering a screen protector. From what I understand the screen is tough stuff but CAN get scratched so with that said I want a good screen protector... but the question is, where can I find a decent one on the cheap?

Anyone?

#8617 evildeadjedi   RIP DIO \m/ \m/ CAGiversary!   4750 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

evildeadjedi

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

I may have to check out Five Below this week when I'm down in that area to see if I can find a screen protector or three for it and maybe one of those cases that doubles as a stand cuz there's still no way in fuckin' hell I'm paying $35-50 for a frickin' stand/case.

I went yesterday and they had one for just about every major tablet except the HP touchpad. The Ipad 2 one I picked up will probably work though. The neoprene-like storage case is fine and the stand work well. I wish the rubber backing would have fit better but it's okay for five bucks. However, I picked up 17 inch laptop for my new ROG Asus and it didn't come close to fitting. :(

#8618 Jacoblee23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Jacoblee23

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

from my understanding its already $35 at Wal-mart, according to SD at least (My walmart was sold out, including all 9 in the area lol) I purchased mine from Staples.com when they dropped the price to $50/ free ups shipping) I said what the heck why not, since I wasted gas going to Best Buy when the inventory said they had it in stock (This was after BB dropped price on Touchpads and starting selling them). I asked the employee where are you HP TouchPad accessorys "ummm we dont carry HP Touchpads, nor any accessories for it, we sent everything back to HP a couple of days ago" I just shook my head because my friend bought The Touchpad, and conductive charger the very same day at the store. Of course I checked the inventory again the next day, and low and behold, sold out.

It's 35 on the Walmart site, but my store won't price match that, and it's 79 at my store. From what it sounds like reading your post, I better grab this thing quick! I hope they price match though, because I can't bring myself to pay 79 for it...

#8619 R0tatioNz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

So, what is the news on the ACTUAL tablets themselves? Is there actually a new shipment from HP on Monday?

#8620 Jacoblee23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Jacoblee23

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

Got mine by standing in line at best buy last wednesday. I got there a 8:40 ,an hour and 20 mins before the store opened and there was 14 people in line. Luckily a sales associate came out and handed out tickets, and guaranteed each person who got one that the would receive a touchpad. I was number 15 of course, and they only gave away 20!

I went ahead and bought a touchstone and a case along with some filler to get the discount on bestbuy.com, but now I'm considering a screen protector. From what I understand the screen is tough stuff but CAN get scratched so with that said I want a good screen protector... but the question is, where can I find a decent one on the cheap?

Anyone?

I'm in the same situation as you... I have a screen protector for my Ipad 2, but have read you don't really need one for the touchpad. Is it worth it, and where can I find one for cheap? I hate putting these things on... I always had Best Buy do it, so I wouldn't mess it up.

#8621 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

So out of curiosity I asked best buy what the extended warrenty price will be on the hp pad. They said it would be based on the original price not the discounted on so your looking at a 100 or so bucks.... Fuck that.

#8622 seether254   For the Hive CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

seether254

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

anyone here take a rise and order from kumputers? and if so have you heard anything?

#8623 h3llbring3r   Mecha Cocksmas 2 all CAGiversary!   8993 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

h3llbring3r

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

So, what is the news on the ACTUAL tablets themselves? Is there actually a new shipment from HP on Monday?

That's not what this thread is about anymore.

#8624 Jacoblee23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Jacoblee23

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

That's not what this thread is about anymore.

:lol:

#8625 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

HP said maybe next week, and it will be limited to 1 per person. Its been mentioned over and over already.

#8626 Moltres423   Not easy being meaty CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Moltres423

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

I'm in the same situation as you... I have a screen protector for my Ipad 2, but have read you don't really need one for the touchpad. Is it worth it, and where can I find one for cheap? I hate putting these things on... I always had Best Buy do it, so I wouldn't mess it up.

I've read that the ipad2 and the hp touchpad have the same gorilla glass...

Which means they're both scratch RESISTANT. Much the same watches can be water RESISTANT. As in you can wash your hands with them on but don't go scuba diving lol.

I think that applies here too, it is possible to scratch it. I just don't know what kind of screen protector is best for my money. I'd kinda like to buy a set of like 6 forwhat they seem to be going for on amazon(like 16 bucks...) and split them with a fellow CAG. if anyone on here is interested in setting something like this up, pm me.

#8627 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

I've read that the ipad2 and the hp touchpad have the same gorilla glass...

Which means they're both scratch RESISTANT. Much the same watches can be water RESISTANT. As in you can wash your hands with them on but don't go scuba diving lol.

I think that applies here too, it is possible to scratch it. I just don't know what kind of screen protector is best for my money. I'd kinda like to buy a set of like 6 forwhat they seem to be going for on amazon(like 16 bucks...) and split them with a fellow CAG. if anyone on here is interested in setting something like this up, pm me.

I think u should get the Matte one because the Hp is fingerprint magnet lol

#8628 david12795  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

im still using the factory shrink as my screen protector. LOL

#8629 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:18 AM

ME TOO!!! :D , still waiting for the protector to come HAHA

#8630 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

Oh, after i tried again i didnt see it charging either. Btw people confirmed that it actually charging but really slow.

Lol. That would've been my other guess, because I had it plugged in for 30 minutes or so with no type of results.

#8631 velvet396   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:22 AM

seriously, if you all start posting in the other thread about your touchpads, then it wouldn't be dead. And then this one might contain useful info for getting one.

#8632 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

seriously, if you all start posting in the other thread about your touchpads, then it wouldn't be dead. And then this one might contain useful info for getting one.

The useful information is in the front page of this topic. Basically there is no other online retailer you could get one from as of right now. If it comes up then it will be post on the first page.

#8633 Aryss   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

Got mine last night from Office Depot. Great little tablet but make sure you do the mods. They speed it up tremendously and they are safe.

#8634 thrustbucket   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7942 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

thrustbucket

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

You don't really need a screen protector on gorilla glass.

#8635 velvet396   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

The useful information is in the front page of this topic. Basically there is no other online retailer you could get one from as of right now. If it comes up then it will be post on the first page.

then this should be moved to the graveyard until the deal comes back, if it does.

#8636 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

Thanks whoever posted the Office Depot in store link for the accessories earlier. Went back to WM for a second time (after initially matching to BB) and ended up getting both of my cases for $19.99 ea plus Touchstone for $39.99.

#8637 Spyder1970   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Spyder1970

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

Got mine last night from Office Depot. Great little tablet but make sure you do the mods. They speed it up tremendously and they are safe.

What mods are these? Forgive me if it's been covered but I'm not sifting through all these pages to try and find out. :/

#8638 CXK   KillerInstinctOnline.net CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

So out of curiosity I asked best buy what the extended warrenty price will be on the hp pad. They said it would be based on the original price not the discounted on so your looking at a 100 or so bucks.... Fuck that.

Try squretrade.com they will let you base it off of the price you paid, im pretty sure thats the case at least. I use them for my iPhone warranty and many many other electronics. They are cheaper and do a better job than BB.

#8639 Yankeessuck193   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Yankeessuck193

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

Link for this? I'm also interested in getting a case for my 16gb model, but don't feel like spending $25 for just a case.

#8640 Nagasami   Nagasami-san of the Oda clan CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

Link for this? I'm also interested in getting a case for my 16gb model, but don't feel like spending $25 for just a case.

http://www.verizonwi...cessoryId=46407