HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically not the right forum, but I don't care, because THAT IS fuckING MONEY.

I was thinking about getting it at freaking 399. 99 for a tablet? With my absolute favorite OS? DONE DEAL

[quote name='Defendthestar31']is it really going to be $100 at best buy? ill have to look into one if true[/QUOTE]

It already is at Best Buy Canada & Future Shop.

picked up mine tonight for $499, plus used a $50gc I had laying around. Headed back tomorrow to get price difference. I love it, basic browsing and videos its sweet

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']It already is at Best Buy Canada & Future Shop.[/QUOTE]

yes bestbuy canada has it on now, think hp will go live tonight with the sale. Best buy usa probably will do same.

[quote name='osugsxr']yes bestbuy canada has it on now, think hp will go live tonight with the sale. Best buy usa probably will do same.[/QUOTE]

Says sold out online. not sold in stores.

I already bought it through HP's HP Academy program. Use coupon code SAVE15HP for the 16GB version. Total came to just over $90 after the coupon including NJ Tax.

Believe you can also use the Employee Purchase program to get the discount right now as well in addition to HPA. There's a $30 code for the 32GB version but I don't know what it is

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Word on the street is tomorrow at 7 AM EST.[/QUOTE]

might be live tonight on best buy usa,..... It will be live tomorrow in stores, probably all retailers that sell the touchpad will be at that pricing

Still regular price at BB USA. I was wondering what was going to happen to the reported quarter-million tablets Beast Buy was enraged at HP over and wanted them to take back. When they killed webOS devices, I wondered if there'd be a fire sale on them and here we go. I'll get one for a C-note to play with, even though it's an orphan. I had a Pre and it's a crying shame that Palm, then HP, managed to take such a slick OS and let it starve in its crib. I could junk punch a long line of suits who fucked webOS up and over.

how can this be serious? is it a 24 hr sale or something? I have my $430 Thrive sitting right here..arghh, but damn, if I could score one for $99, i'd gladly pick up a second tablet. they really are bad ass! and after seeing ARMA II Firing Range on it, my god, games can be kick ass on there :)

edit: oh wait, I see whats going on here, and forgot it was webOS, this is pretty crazy..

basic functions for browsing and email, video etc is very nice. Hell at the $149 or $99 I couldn't pass it up, just to have it sit around the house in a living room is nice.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']I already bought it through HP's HP Academy program. Use coupon code SAVE15HP for the 16GB version. Total came to just over $90 after the coupon including NJ Tax.

Believe you can also use the Employee Purchase program to get the discount right now as well in addition to HPA. There's a $30 code for the 32GB version but I don't know what it is[/QUOTE]

How did that one work? It still says normal price on the website

Web OS is going to be dead, hopefully android can be ported on it. At that low of a price it probably will grab some developers attention and for fun port it over.

Couple of things...

First, great deal. Do you know when this is happening?

Second, an FYI...HP likely won't support them any more because they're dropping the OS, and the app store will likely shut down soon too, so if that doesn't bother you (which it doesn't bother me) then buy away!

[quote name='bgame2']Forgive me if this is a dumb question, would this thing work as a decent e-reader if nothing else?[/QUOTE]

Yes , a very decent ereader!

[quote name='token2k6']how can this be serious? is it a 24 hr sale or something? I have my $430 Thrive sitting right here..arghh, but damn, if I could score one for $99, i'd gladly pick up a second tablet. they really are bad ass! and after seeing ARMA II Firing Range on it, my god, games can be kick ass on there :)

edit: oh wait, I see whats going on here, and forgot it was webOS, this is pretty crazy..[/QUOTE]

Its because HP is discontinuing all Web OS products because It failed to compete with other tablets

[quote name='Nameless600']How did that one work? It still says normal price on the website[/QUOTE]

You have to have an HPA or EPP account. Unfortunately I believe the website that has the details can't be mentioned on CAG because it's a competitor but it shouldn't be too difficult to google it.

Ok guys login in to ur hp accounts and the 16 gb is $99 and the 32 gb is $150.... for the 16 gb use the code SAVE15HP to get $15 off and for the 32 gb use the code SAVE30HP to get $30 off when you spend $150 and u can thx me later

Are there any comic readers for webOS on tablets? I saw one app called comicrack but supposedly it doesn't support tablets. At $100 I would buy this just for reading comics alone but I can't seem to find any answers.

I see the drop on bestbuy.ca but on my HPA account I'm only seeing a 5% discount. Hopefully sometime later tonight.

@Techman16, thanks for the code!

I never understood the fascination with tablets. If I want to browse the web, I use my laptop. If I need to write something, I use my laptop. If I need to listen to my mp3s, I use my laptop... so, what is the purpose of a tablet? Be cool at the airport?

The Toys R' Us 50% off from mini laptops was better. I got myself a nice mini laptop, which I am using right now for $108+ tax. Anyhow, good deal for a soon to be obsolete product. Apple has killed another product, first the Zune, now the HP tablet... who is next, RIM?

[quote name='oasisboy']I never understood the fascination with tablets. If I want to browse the web, I use my laptop. If I need to write something, I use my laptop. If I need to listen to my mp3s, I use my laptop... so, what is the purpose of a tablet? Be cool at the airport?
[/QUOTE]

Hey don't forget you can be seen using it at Starbucks!

[quote name='Doomtime']I see the drop on bestbuy.ca but on my HPA account I'm only seeing a 5% discount. Hopefully sometime later tonight.

@Techman16, thanks for the code![/QUOTE]

same here.

@VIPFreak and oasis :roll: for $100 it's basically a toy. I'm not expecting it to do my photoshop work... It's 99 f'ing dollars. I actually just got the netbook from TRU and I'm looking for the receipt so I can return it. Don't hate...

Crap in a freaking hat! I've been looking for a nice tablet and this awesome but I don't get paid till next Friday. What are the chances there will be any left at this price by Friday?

[quote name='ponn01']Crap in a freaking hat! I've been looking for a nice tablet and this awesome but I don't get paid till next Friday. What are the chances there will be any left at this price by Friday?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure HP has more than enough units. Other online retailers like Amazon will most likely match the price tomorrow too.

Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

OK I haven't followed anything to do with tablets, mainly because as soon as I see they're $500, I lose interest. So basically, for a noob, what is the problem with this thing? What can it do and what can it no longer do?

[quote name='squll']Take a closer look at recent HP's news. Think twice!

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/technology/hp_pc_spinoff/index.htm?hpt=te_bn1[/QUOTE]

think twice about what?

"the company said it will continue trying to "optimize the value" of its purchase."

They'll sell it to someone for cheap.

And even if the webos dies completely, someone will figure out how to use it for all the things most people want this for. Hell, how many people immediately load ubuntu onto their netbooks?

Anyone who has this thing, how does it play movies I transfer to it? I assume it can read most files types?

Also, I can't find any play to buy this for $99 right now. Not even HPs site after logging in. Am I doing something wrong?

bread's done
Back