3DS $19.99: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, DoA Dimensions, Blazblue & More at Amazon

Bought it at $40 and found it to be worth the price (for me anyway), could definitely see where it'd be a bit much for others.

$20 seems the perfect price point for it, even for those who are fans of RE but not just The Mercenaries mode. Can't recommend enough at this price for 3DS owners!

[quote name='Ionotropic']fuck that, DOA Dimensions is $20. I think they're PMing Best Buy! (I submitted lower price yesterday.)[/QUOTE]

Thats what it looks like. I got DoA with my 3ds, its really good.

Well my RE hasn't even gotten here yet. I assume though if I wanted to just return it and go pay $20 for it at BB, I would need to pay for return shipping?

[quote name='Ionotropic']fuck that, DOA Dimensions is $20. I think they're PMing Best Buy! (I submitted lower price yesterday.)[/QUOTE]

I submitted the lower price soon as I got home from Best Buy not having it yesterday, so glad we had enough inquiries on this one. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

I was tempted to pick up RE at 30 so I had to bite at 20. I can't wait for some online co-op action!

Hmm.. buy Deus Ex at Best Buy and PM Target's $10 giftcard offer w/ purchase of Deus Ex, then get RE Mercenaries for $10.. or DOA .. can't decide!

..probably DOA because I hate timed things.

[quote name='Scorch']Hmm.. buy Deus Ex at Best Buy and PM Target's $10 giftcard offer w/ purchase of Deus Ex, then get RE Mercenaries for $10.. or DOA .. can't decide!

..probably DOA because I hate timed things.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if BB will pricematch a gift card offer, this is in thier FAQ:

Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Well my RE hasn't even gotten here yet. I assume though if I wanted to just return it and go pay $20 for it at BB, I would need to pay for return shipping?[/QUOTE]

I returned an item recently and Amazon covered return shipping. They scheduled for a UPS worker to come pick it up off of my porch (s/he brings the shipping label). It was my first time using their return process and it went very smoothly. They picked it up the next business day and I got my refund a day or two later.

I was thinking about getting the RE game, but the fact that you can only play the game once, then it's rendered useless because of the one save-lock-out, is going to keep me from buying it...ever.

you can't trade the game, you can't replay it because the save file is basically a one time use thing.

phuck that noise.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Not sure if BB will pricematch a gift card offer, this is in thier FAQ:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011[/QUOTE]

gift card offer =/= gift with purchase

they don't pricematch GIFTS (free shirts, bonus discs, etc) because they don't have them. I've gotten plenty of gift card deals matched at BB.

I did get denied once because of a new manager but I contacted CS and they mailed me a gift card.

Wow, I feel honored to have the man himself edit my thread.

Also I highly suggest DoA at that price, one of the best games for 3ds currently.

Anyone here play Nintendogs or Super Monkey Ball 3DS?

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS and am wondering if either of these two are worth biting on.

[quote name='DoubleJG']Anyone here play Nintendogs or Super Monkey Ball 3DS?

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS and am wondering if either of these two are worth biting on.[/QUOTE]

Your "gf" ;)

Really tempted to bite on RE:Mercs and Nintendogs... One of those is a more likely scenario though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chris in Cali']Even at $20 I can't bring myself to buy this junk. The 3DS needs some games that are worth my time & money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought I'd be happy to buy this game for $20 but alas, I am not.

But Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a really solid fighter. The story mode is awful but the gameplay it self is really strong. I enjoyed it more then SFIV but I know many of you will disagree.

[quote name='electricsheep81']I was thinking about getting the RE game, but the fact that you can only play the game once, then it's rendered useless because of the one save-lock-out, is going to keep me from buying it...ever.

you can't trade the game, you can't replay it because the save file is basically a one time use thing.

phuck that noise.[/QUOTE]

Nope. From what I understand, while the save is locked, this just means that high-scores and unlockables cannot be reset. You can still play the game as many times as you want.

[quote name='mrbomb']:3ds: Resident Evil: Mercenaries

Is it worth it now?

edit: Also Dead or Alive Dimensions (and more) is on sale too (most likely a Best Best PM)

:3ds: Dead or Alive: Dimensions
:3ds: BlazBlue Continuum Shift II
:3ds: Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends (French Bulldog, Toy Poodle)
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D[/QUOTE]

I found an identical, but it is unclear how much the price in the end?
http://www.dhgate.com/nintendogs-and-cats-goldern-retriever-3ds/p-ff808081317fc37d0131837e388d009e.html

[quote name='DoubleJG']Anyone here play Nintendogs or Super Monkey Ball 3DS?

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS and am wondering if either of these two are worth biting on.[/QUOTE]

I tested out super monkey ball and it was not good at all.

Got a $5 credit from amazon due to my Layton games still not being here when they were due last Thursday. I used them to get DOA D for $15. Also picked up RE M & Nintendogs...for myself :p

[quote name='abhinav']Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a really solid fighter. The story mode is awful but the gameplay it self is really strong. I enjoyed it more then SFIV but I know many of you will disagree.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on that one, I was pleasantly surprised at how good DOA actually was.

Also, for those of you complaining, I thought I read somewhere that there actually was a way you could delete the save file for RE, you just had to jump through a hoop or two to do it.

*EDIT*

After a quick search on google, I found out I was right. But, you have to use a NDS adaptor plus(which you have to buy separately for about $20). So, for those wanting this game on the cheap who don't already have one of these it pretty much cancels it out. But, at least it can be done if you have, have, have to delete the save data.

Thanks OP. I picked up DOA at Amazon instead of wasting gas to go to BB. I don't even have a 3DS yet but I'm going to be picking it up soon.

[quote name='electricsheep81']I was thinking about getting the RE game, but the fact that you can only play the game once, then it's rendered useless because of the one save-lock-out, is going to keep me from buying it...ever.

What? You can trade it in ($13 @ BB, $6 @ Amazon). If you are referring to GameStop's stance: "Retailer GameStop has reversed its decision in not accepting trade-ins for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D." GameStop is currently offering $12.

Wtf are you talking about?

It's an arcade shooter, not a story centric campaign.

lol@electricsheep81

I ended up buying the game, for $20 I have no problem justifying any drawback. I was hoping for Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion on the list but it wasn't. ='( I know it's on sale at GS, I think I have till tomorrow to pick it up or just wait on it again.

bread's done
Back