Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

Great find, audilover. Glad I held off on buying a used GotY copy during the current GoHastings sale. I currently have a 360 version pre-ordered with Amazon but if they don't match it, I'll probably get it at Walmart.

[quote name='audilover']Do you guys think they will give us a physical copy of arkum asylum?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine Arkham Asylum will be the same version as the one you're pre-ordering.

[quote name='Sway']Great find, audilover. Glad I held off on buying a used GotY copy during the current GoHastings sale. I currently have a 360 version pre-ordered with Amazon but if they don't match it, I'll probably get it at Walmart.

I'd imagine Arkham Asylum will be the same version as the one you're pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

I am a bit lost with your comment. Basically I am wondering if they are going to give us a download code OR if they will actually give us the game.

[quote name='audilover']I am a bit lost with your comment. Basically I am wondering if they are going to give us a download code OR if they will actually give us the game.[/QUOTE]

Buy the 360 version of Arkham City, get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum. Same with the PS3. I don't think the Goty Edition of Asylum is on the Games on Demand service for the 360 and I'm not sure about the PS3 side of the matter. Are you asking if Asylum will be a PC download code?

[quote name='Sway']Buy the 360 version of Arkham City, get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum. Same with the PS3. I don't think the Goty Edition of Asylum is on the Games on Demand service for the 360 and I'm not sure about the PS3 side of the matter. Are you asking if Asylum will be a PC download code?[/QUOTE]

Ok now I understand. I was talking about PSN/LIVE [I always prefer the game disc]. I am assuming they will give us an actual disc. Thanks and enjoy this deal

Great deal. Batman: AA goty edition, I hear, lets you double up on achievements. So, if you've been looking for an excuse to replay it before arkham city...

[quote name='Phokis']Great deal. Batman: AA goty edition, I hear, lets you double up on achievements. So, if you've been looking for an excuse to replay it before arkham city...[/QUOTE]

Is this true?

I got all achievements for the regular version, so I'm wondering if this is even worth it. That said, I don't have Batman AA any more because I gave it to my brother, and he lost it.

Will it come in a separate case? With this, Amazon needs to go up to at least a $20 credit for me to buy there, maybe a $25 credit.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Is this true?

I got all achievements for the regular version, so I'm wondering if this is even worth it. That said, I don't have Batman AA any more because I gave it to my brother, and he lost it.

Will it come in a separate case? With this, Amazon needs to go up to at least a $20 credit for me to buy there, maybe a $25 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I know you can get separate achievements for vanilla Arkham for the 360, PC, and GotY 360 and PC. I already 1000'd the vanilla versions and have been waiting for the GotY 360 version to come down (I know I've skipped the past few sales on the PC version but I was waiting for an even lower price as Arkham City gets closer). I've also read you can get them for the vanilla 360 Japanese version of the game.

[quote name='Sway']Yes. I know you can get separate achievements for vanilla Arkham for the 360, PC, and GotY 360 and PC. I already 1000'd the vanilla versions and have been waiting for the GotY 360 version to come down (I know I've skipped the past few sales on the PC version but I was waiting for an even lower price as Arkham City gets closer). I've also read you can get them for the vanilla 360 Japanese version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that makes things a lot more interesting. I don't know if I'd want to do those freeflow challenge rooms again though. I had a lot of fun doing them, but I'd have to re-master the combat again, which took a decent amount of time.

Hmmm...well, Walmart has the best deal right now, but I'll wait it out.

if Amazon matches this then I'm sold (with AA GOTY included). Have a lot of credit there that I would rather use up instead of spending at Walmart.

[quote name='nypickle']if Amazon matches this then I'm sold (with AA GOTY included). Have a lot of credit there that I would rather use up instead of spending at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I ordered arkham city already but if amazon matches this than I will cancel my order and just reorder it. The la noire credit that I used on it lasts a year correct ? If so then I will defiantly do this deal. I'll just put the version of arkham asylum that has more value on amazon with the order and flip it to amazon when I get it (I've already beaten this great game so no need to keep the game)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I ordered arkham city already but if amazon matches this than I will cancel my order and just reorder it. The la noire credit that I used on it lasts a year correct ? If so then I will defiantly do this deal. I'll just put the version of arkham asylum that has more value on amazon with the order and flip it to amazon when I get it (I've already beaten this great game so no need to keep the game)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I believe you have 1 year to use up a preorder credit. I have never actually played AA beyond the demo and I was considering buying it for 360, but it hasn't been in stock for over a week. Now this deal pops up at Walmart so getting AA for free with a preorder of Arkham City would be awesome if Amazon matches it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']So someone finally matched amazons 10$ credit deal they have had for this game for a while. Hopefully amazon raises it[/QUOTE]
You have it backwards. Amazon quickly matched Walmart on the $10 GC, and this was quite some time ago.

Looking at it the Arkham Asylum ships with the Arkham City right?
That sucks I wouldn't mind paying the full price now if it meant I could get the AA now so I can play it before AC comes out

[quote name='ShockandAww']You have it backwards. Amazon quickly matched Walmart on the $10 GC, and this was quite some time ago.[/QUOTE]

Guess I didn't see it when walmart put the credit first, oh well. Now its time for amazon to match walmart again lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']I ordered arkham city already but if amazon matches this than I will cancel my order and just reorder it. The la noire credit that I used on it lasts a year correct ? If so then I will defiantly do this deal. I'll just put the version of arkham asylum that has more value on amazon with the order and flip it to amazon when I get it (I've already beaten this great game so no need to keep the game)[/QUOTE]

If Amazon does match it (and I hope they do) then you won't have to cancel & reorder, you'll get it if you already have the game preordered. That's the way their preorder stuff always works.

Wow, for ONCE in the world Wal-Mart actually has a good deal on a game :applause: I voted them as CAG Crappiest Store (or w/e it's called) last year because I didn't buy a single game from them the whole year, stupid MSRP store which people blindly buy from.

This one is like $10 gift + $30 game (though frequently found at $20) Now all I can hope for is that they actually give a separate GotY edition and not some download voucher, because otherwise I'm returning it.

[quote name='ithebigc']Wow, for ONCE in the world Wal-Mart actually has a good deal on a game :applause: I voted them as CAG Crappiest Store (or w/e it's called) last year because I didn't buy a single game from them the whole year, stupid MSRP store which people blindly buy from.

This one is like $10 gift + $30 game (though frequently found at $20) Now all I can hope for is that they actually give a separate GotY edition and not some download voucher, because otherwise I'm returning it.[/QUOTE]

It is unlikely to be download only, given there are a fair number of arcade/4gb 360s units out there...To me it is more a question does it come in a separate case or is it simply just a second disk inside the Arkham City case?

[quote name='argyle']If Amazon does match it (and I hope they do) then you won't have to cancel & reorder, you'll get it if you already have the game preordered. That's the way their preorder stuff always works.[/QUOTE]

Sweet ! So if it was matched then I assume that amazon would ship me the 360 version of arkham asylum ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Sweet ! So if it was matched then I assume that amazon would ship me the 360 version of arkham asylum ?[/QUOTE]

No, they always like to switch it up on you. If you order for 360, you get the ps3 version of Arkham asylum, and vice versa. Well, they might ship the pc version with a console purchase of arkham city for a little more variety.

Thanks for the heads up!

**They charged me immediately just in case anyone was curious. I haven't ordered from Walmart in ages so I don't know if this is normal practice or not. A little surprised they don't wait until the order is shipped but no big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered Arkham City for $56 plus the $10 egiftcard from walmart a few weeks ago and was bummed when I saw this. I went into my account to try and edit the order and it looks like they automatically upgraded me without having to do a thing. That made my night!

[quote name='shawngreen1520']does anybody know when this deal will end?[/QUOTE]
It says based on availibility.

I would do this if I could get AA immediately to play before AC comes out. Couldnt I just buy AA from a brick and mortar WM, purchase this promotion, then return the AA that comes with AC using the receipt from the brick and mortar purchase?

I'll consider picking this up if AA comes in a physical disc, rather than downloading it through PSN or having it on the AC disc.

[quote name='Necrozilla']*Hopes for $20 Amazon credit.*

I'm 99% sure it'll be a download code to those guessers.[/QUOTE]

No, it looks to be an arkham asylum disc inside the arkham city case. I don't think there is a downloadable goty edition. Look at the cover, it looks like it's an exclusive edition that includes Arkham Asylum in disc form.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a separate case, now I have to hope Amazon goes up to $25 or at least $20 for their credit.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']No, it looks to be an arkham asylum disc inside the arkham city case. I don't think there is a downloadable goty edition. Look at the cover, it looks like it's an exclusive edition that includes Arkham Asylum in disc form.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a separate case, now I have to hope Amazon goes up to $25 or at least $20 for their credit.[/QUOTE]

Now only question is will the case have that blue strip saying its from Walmart? $40 in credit wouldn't make me bite if so lol

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Anyone know if Walmart charges when game ships, or right away? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.

[quote name='Sway']You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaa? I thought the GC was a bonus credit. Did I miss something?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Whaaaaa? I thought the GC was a bonus credit. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

Well, what they do is charge you the price of the GC now, then charge you the difference between the full price and the GC later. So if you paid $60 for the bundle, they'll charge the $10 now, and $50 later. It's just to make sure there's no problems since they send you the GC immediately (which is kinda nice, easier to chain GCs together).

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Well, what they do is charge you the price of the GC now, then charge you the difference between the full price and the GC later. So if you paid $60 for the bundle, they'll charge the $10 now, and $50 later. It's just to make sure there's no problems since they send you the GC immediately (which is kinda nice, easier to chain GCs together).[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the knowledge!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Well, what they do is charge you the price of the GC now, then charge you the difference between the full price and the GC later. So if you paid $60 for the bundle, they'll charge the $10 now, and $50 later. It's just to make sure there's no problems since they send you the GC immediately (which is kinda nice, easier to chain GCs together).[/QUOTE]

I was charged the full $65 bucks immediately. I received the GC a few minutes later. Paid via a Visa debit card.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back