Amazon Digital Video Games: Intro & Deus EX HR $34.99/$41.99

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAG Community,

This is my first post on the CAG forums, I’m really excited to be joining this community, and look forward to participating in some of the awesome conversations that go on here regularly. The first thing I want to let you all know is that there is a human on the other end of the line here, and that he’s a gamer.

To give you some background, I’ve been gaming since I was 7 years old, my older brother convinced me to ask for an NES and Maniac Mansion for my birthday…and I was hooked. Since then I’ve made the transition between console and PC gamer time and time again, with my favorite gaming experiences firmly rooted in each.

My favorite games include the Final Fantasy series, anything by Bioware, and Dark Age of Camelot. I’m currently re-playing Dragon Age for the 5th time and determined to have my entire party love me by the end of this run.

You can expect me to participate in conversations about gameplay, what’s going on in the industry, and of course, great deals Amazon has to offer on PC Digital Games.

To that end, I want to let everyone know that for the next 10 days Amazon Digital Video Games will be offering Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 30% off. This means you can get the standard edition for $34.99 and the augmented edition for $41.99.

Click here to see this deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer

I find it wierd that you'd emphasize the fact that you're a person and a gamer, not just a mouthpiece and yet don't even offer us a first name. Maybe it's that Josh/SHC-Gamer has spoiled me in terms of official representatives here on CAG. Regardless of my opinion, welcome and I hope to see more great deals in the future.

[quote name='Sway']I find it wierd that you'd emphasize the fact that you're a person and a gamer, not just a mouthpiece and yet don't even offer us a first name. Maybe it's that Josh/SHC-Gamer has spoiled me in terms of official representatives here on CAG. Regardless of my opinion, welcome and I hope to see more great deals in the future.[/QUOTE]

He could have legally changed his name to "Amazon Digital Gamer".

You never know!

shit-just-got-real.jpg

So happy an Amazon rep is finally here.

Do we have to download a program that mines our data like Steam and Origin, or is it just the game downloading? Do we have to have a constant internet connection to play it? Are we able to back it up and/or re-download it in the future (Amazon stuff is usually a one time download)? I'm guessing you e-mail a serial number to play the game, correct?

Oh wow, jodou, I almost posted that exact picture.. hahaha

I find it wierd that you'd emphasize the fact that you're a person and a gamer, not just a mouthpiece and yet don't even offer us a first name. Maybe it's that Josh/SHC-Gamer has spoiled me in terms of official representatives here on CAG. Regardless of my opinion, welcome and I hope to see more great deals in the future.

120gdom.jpg

It doesn't matter what his name is

[quote name='Scorch']Oh wow, jodou, I almost posted that exact picture.. hahaha[/QUOTE]
Lol, all I could think about was some epic fights between ADVG and SHC. Hopefully he's not just here for digital games, though. I know it would have been great having someone to talk to about the Deus Ex Tactical DLC that got messed up in distribution.

Well, with all the "new" (opened) copies that Gamestop is sending back, the price of the game is bound to plummet as the distributor will be doing everything within their power to get them out of their warehouses (including lowering prices to retailers). While this is a decent deal from Amazon, and I appreciate the good offer, I just think waiting about 3 months will lead to a significant decrease in the cost of this game.

[quote name='Jodou']
shit-just-got-real.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bad Boys, nice.

Also nice to have an Amazon rep here! Any chance you'd be willing to discuss non-digital/non-PC gaming deals as well?

[quote name='Japakneez']:shock: enjoy your time here and stay out of the trade-in thread LOL! :whee:[/QUOTE]
LOL, I wasn't gonna say shit because I knew our flipping days were numbered now.

Thanks for all the quick responses and warm welcome from everyone. I'll try and address stuff as quickly and as transparently as possible.

@Sway - Thanks for the feedback! My name is Tony, awesome to meet everyone!

@ Scorch - Great questions, I've pulled the answers from our FAQ:

1. No - You don't have to install a client - The Amazon Downloader is a small, temporary file which takes seconds to download before your software or core game download begins. Also we distribute all of our content using CloudFront, so we can literally send you the games as fast as your internet connection allows.

2. Having a constant internet connection is a function of how the developer chooses to make their game.

3. How many times can I download my Games? You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button. Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Thanks again for the quick responses everyone, I'm headed to PAX for the rest of the day!

[quote name='foreinter']Welcome Amazon rep. I wish there will be more console game deals.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I would venture there are tons more console gamers on here than PC, so hope you can represent Amazon in some capacity other than PC only. And I maybe speaking for the minority here, but I simply despise anything related to games being digital or downloadable only, so the name doesn't give me much faith. Still, welcome all the same;)

Welcome to CAG!

Amazon huhh... Well, this is going to kill my wallet LOL. Look forward to the deals.

Welcome to CAG, Tony!!

Admittedly I've been using Steam almost exclusively for PC gaming, but Amazon has received 90% of my console game business and I look forward to you guys earning even more from me with this side of distribution.

Again, welcome Tony. Are you in charge of @amazongames?

I'd probably jump on that Deus Ex: HR deal but I just finished the original yesterday and despite some opinions, I feel obligated to play Invisible War before I get to HR.

Op-

Thanks for taking the time to interact with this community and the more deals the better.
Slighty off topic, a couple years ago, ECA had a membership fiasco, but one of the benefits was 10% off all videogame purchases on Amazon. The discount was incredibly popular on this site. Unfortunately, whether through abuse or mismanagement, it went away.

Is there any chance such a membership discount could be introduced again, even at a 5% level?

Hey Amazon rep, is your desk next to the guys from OnSale's desk who didn't send me my hp touchpad? If so, please pee in the coffee pot at your soonest convenience. But seriously welcome, and Maniac Mansion was one of my first games on the NES and still a favorite for me. You wouldn't happen to be down with Earthbound would you?

[quote name='Japakneez']:shock: enjoy your time here and stay out of the trade-in thread LOL! :whee:[/QUOTE]

no, please come in and join us! I'd trade that broken ass tiv overinflating script that runs on amazon.com for the return of the promos any day of the week. I've been taking so many trades to BB lately that I know a couple of the employees by name. I'd love to go back to sending to Amazon, but the value is gone nowadays.

Sorry to derail. Very glad to have you around and welcome!

Glad to have you here, Tony. You probably know me well as much crap as I buy from you guys. lol I think you're my new best friend.

Out of curiosity what made you come here now? Traffic from CAG to Amazon games been high?

Well, I was going to hold off on buying Deus Ex until ebay was flooded with codes from the AMD promo, but having amazon credit and this being $35 + steamworks... I'm sold.

Great to have an amazon rep on here....only would be better if it wasn't specifically for pc digital games :(

but still nice to have you :)

I'm sure the kmart fanboys are going to love this :)

Welcome aboard!

Question: Is there any easier way to see what DD sales Amazon currently has? I often find myself stumbling on them from time to time, even though they have some great deals!

May finally have to finish building my computer now since we have some deals on the way. I use amazon for everything I buy usually anyway. Nice to meet you.

Welcome Tony. As mentioned by others, it would be great if Amazon could represent console game deals as well on this site. I think there would be a large audience for that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. [/QUOTE]

This is why I will never(unless the policy changes) hesitate to purchase a digital game from Amazon. Not even Steam will do this for you.

Welcome to CAG Tony! I am so glad we now have an official Amazon rep since Amazon is a HUGE part of CAG. Thanks for taking the time to be part of our community and to spend the time to help us CAG's out :)

I've been a fan of Amazon for a long time. I've yet to use their digi store for core games though. Thank you for coming here Tony and representing your company.

Uh oh an Amazon rep...first I want to say welcome. Pretty much everybody around here loves Amazon so you shouldn't have too many problems like some of the reps that are/have been around.

Second, Maniac Mansion was an awesome game. One of my all time favorites.

Finally, I'm not really interested in digital sales but I am interested in physical video games and their credits. Do you have anything to do with that or no?

bread's done
Back