Rayman Origins Preorder Bonus at Gamestop (BG&E HD)

I guess i am out of the loop. I thought this was a 3ds game. Thanks for posting this. I can't wait now. My kids love the Rayman games.

I thought this was going to be a dlc arcade game myself....already have BG&E HD so I'll wait for a price drop before I pick this up one, the game does look fun though and an extra arcade game is always nice so thanks for posting the deal

i wonder if its possible to just return the rayman game once you have your copy of beyond good and evil. although knowing gamestop itll prolly require you like prior sales they did on this to cut out your upc label or something on the coverart.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Ouch. $60 console 2D platformer at retail in November = the definition of "being sent to die".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what're they thinking? Just because the press is giving them some positive attention doesn't mean it needs to be a retail piece of software. I also thought this was supposed to be a $10-$15 pice on XBLA, PSN and Steam...

Can't tell from the actual links or none of the replies here, but is BG&E HD an actual physical copy of the game on a disc or yet another worthless download voucher I'd throw in the garbage?

[quote name='Fabrizo']Ouch. $60 console 2D platformer at retail in November = the definition of "being sent to die".[/QUOTE]

No kidding. It's sad because I love Rayman, but I will just wait for an inevitable price drop. That plus, you know, GameStop.

[quote name='schuerm26']would highly doubt they are making a physical copy. download off xbox live would be my assumption.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, then $19.99 next year it is for me, thanks for the response!

[quote name='GreenSpark']Can't tell from the actual links or none of the replies here, but is BG&E HD an actual physical copy of the game on a disc or yet another worthless download voucher I'd throw in the garbage?[/QUOTE]

you're cool

[quote name='nnthomas']you're cool[/QUOTE]

No, not really just one of the "old guard" so to speak when it comes to video games and I will resist with all my might the push to make everything downloadable. I like physical media, a manual and a nice box/case when I purchase a game. And I actually do throw away all the codes I receive from my Gamestop purchases. Sorry if that rubs you or anyone else the wrong way.

[quote name='GreenSpark']No, not really just one of the "old guard" so to speak when it comes to video games and I will resist with all my might the push to make everything downloadable. I like physical media, a manual and a nice box/case when I purchase a game. And I actually do throw away all the codes I receive from my Gamestop purchases. Sorry if that rubs you or anyone else the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

Do you at least use them before you throw them away? I understand your point (I like physical media too, I still buy CDs), but wouldn't it make sense to at least get what you're paying for?

[quote name='GreenSpark']No, not really just one of the "old guard" so to speak when it comes to video games and I will resist with all my might the push to make everything downloadable. I like physical media, a manual and a nice box/case when I purchase a game. And I actually do throw away all the codes I receive from my Gamestop purchases. Sorry if that rubs you or anyone else the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

Being an Ubisoft title there is probably no manual anymore anyway. ;)

I know what you mean about wanting the disc. I want a disc whenever possible, but I don't see the point in throwing away codes or "poo-pooing" the idea of getting a free game just because it's digital. The code is only worth $10 anyway, so I'd rather just take a straight $10 or $20 pre-order bonus. But certainly it's better than nothing, and better than the usual "exclusive skin" type code that is usually given out by the likes of Gamespot.

I'm at the point where i can easily accept downloadable media for *SOME* games. Especially old games like Beyond Good + Evil HD, as well as all the arcade titles. If you just dismiss digital downloads entirely then you are missing some of the most fun games this gaming generation IMO.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Do you at least use them before you throw them away? I understand your point (I like physical media too, I still buy CDs), but wouldn't it make sense to at least get what you're paying for?[/QUOTE]

Nope, never used any of them. It's not like I receive a ton of them or make that my mantra for pre-ordering anywhere, as I mainly pre-order from Gamestop for their physical swag and if one happens to come with the purchase, so be it. Often, I tell the manager he can have it if he wants, but he never takes them, as I'm sure he can get whatever he needs.

I don't think of downloadable stuff as "part of the deal" as I have no intentions of using it from the start, so I guess I don't think of it like I'm not getting what I paid for. Didn't mean to de-rail the deal, but wanted to at least answer your response. Now, good deal for those who don't mind downloading, so thanks for the post OP.

Oh yeah, and I still buy CD's as well!

[quote name='GreenSpark']Nope, never used any of them. It's not like I receive a ton of them or make that my mantra for pre-ordering anywhere, as I mainly pre-order from Gamestop for their physical swag and if one happens to come with the purchase, so be it. Often, I tell the manager he can have it if he wants, but he never takes them, as I'm sure he can get whatever he needs.

I don't think of downloadable stuff as "part of the deal" as I have no intentions of using it from the start, so I guess I don't think of it like I'm not getting what I paid for. Didn't mean to de-rail the deal, but wanted to at least answer your response. Now, good deal for those who don't mind downloading, so thanks for the post OP.

Oh yeah, and I still buy CD's as well![/QUOTE]

So you're resisting downloadable content because you think you're old school....yet you preorder all your games at Gamestop.

Bahahahahaha, what a tool.

[quote name='argyle']:wall:[/QUOTE]

He doesn't want to read the thread. Are you surprised?

But yes, I'd rather wait for a price drop on this than give GameStop money. I can always buy BG&E HD later, as I too have it for PS2.

[quote name='joeyshadows']A November release date and at $60. Ubisoft is bat shit crazy.[/QUOTE]
Yes they are. I would pay $60 for this game if it was released in July. I mean I would pay anything for a good 2D platformer but not in the hell month of November.

Plus I already own BG&E HD so no need to repurchase it.

Also don't Ubisoft games drop like fucking crazy? Yeah I think I will wait on Rayman even though I really want it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Are you all forgetting Sonic Generations is coming out in November? That's a platformer.[/QUOTE]
Right but Sonic Generations has this 2D/3D thing going on. Rayman is a straight up 2D platformer.

I'm gonna wait for this to come out on the Vita, I really like the art style, but I don't know about full price...

[quote name='GreenSpark']Nope, never used any of them. It's not like I receive a ton of them or make that my mantra for pre-ordering anywhere, as I mainly pre-order from Gamestop for their physical swag and if one happens to come with the purchase, so be it. Often, I tell the manager he can have it if he wants, but he never takes them, as I'm sure he can get whatever he needs.

I don't think of downloadable stuff as "part of the deal" as I have no intentions of using it from the start, so I guess I don't think of it like I'm not getting what I paid for. Didn't mean to de-rail the deal, but wanted to at least answer your response. Now, good deal for those who don't mind downloading, so thanks for the post OP.[/QUOTE]
I think you and me need to become friends then (aka, gimme dem codes)! :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Right but Sonic Generations has this 2D/3D thing going on. Rayman is a straight up 2D platformer.[/QUOTE]

And?

Played it at E3 and it was one of my favorites of the show( (a great alternative to the deluge of FPS killing..) Very good game, yes a bit old school but lots of fun with one or four players, I cannot recommend this game enough.

I am glad to see a disk based version of this game.

Now is the game worth $60, I will wait for a drop.

if Ubi where to include BG&E on disk then it would be a must buy and worth it. BG&E as a preorder bonus is OK, but not great since it is only DL.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']It says a code with instructions will be printed on the receipt at the time of pick-up. So it's DLC, not on the disc.[/QUOTE]

in for the game, not the dlc :/ my ps3 space is getting less and less as it is and i already have beyond good and evil for original Xbox. I'll wait for a used copy at a b2g1.

[quote name='joeyshadows']A November release date and at $60. Ubisoft is bat shit crazy.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft has a long history of releasing low-profile games during the holiday season, have said games sell poorly, and then tell everyone that they don't like releasing quality new IPs because it didn't sell well enough.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Are you all forgetting Sonic Generations is coming out in November? That's a platformer.[/QUOTE]

Sonic is a much larger name than Rayman so Sonic will sell even in the holiday rush. That and it's also $50, not $60.

[quote name='jinxpalm']I hate gamestop so much I'll prob preorder get a free game and return it. The DLC will be on your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? Normally it's a insert with the DLC code on it in the box.

Also, FRAUD.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Are you sure about that? Normally it's a insert with the DLC code on it in the box.

Also, FRAUD.[/QUOTE]
It says on the site that it will be printed on the receipt.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It says on the site that it will be printed on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Okay, my fault. But still...

[quote name='SuperMario64']Heh people crying over a game well worth 60 bucks yet they don't seem to mind bloody FPS games

PLATFORMERS4LYFE[/QUOTE]
I think it's more of an issue of this looks like it should be a downloadable XBLA/PSN title and it's not. Hell, I was all for buying this at $15 or $20, but it's a definite wait and see at $60.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Right but Sonic Generations has this 2D/3D thing going on. Rayman is a straight up 2D platformer.[/QUOTE]

Those New Super Mario Bros. games on the DS and Wii are 2D platformers and they're pretty fucking popular.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think it's more of an issue of this looks like it should be a downloadable XBLA/PSN title and it's not. Hell, I was all for buying this at $15 or $20, but it's a definite wait and see at $60.[/QUOTE]
It's not gonna be short you know, you think that it's one episode long but it's worth a few episodes.

If ya'll so cheap, just pick up the 3DS version that'll most likely be for $40.

[quote name='Nohbdy']It was a download title. It's also packing more than 60 stages, which is a lot.[/QUOTE]
if i remember correctly, this was originally an episodic game, with each episode costing 15$, like sonic 4. personally, i prefer this to digital, since now i can just get the entire thing for

bread's done
Back