Madden NFL 12 Deal Round Up and Pre-order Bonuses

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24655[/IMG-R]Here's a roundup of the Madden NFL 12 deals and pre-order bonuses:

iconamazon.gif
Amazon: $20 credit + free shipping; release date delivery is available

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy: Save $10 with the purchase of game and guide
icongs_r1.gif
GameStop: No deals
Exclusive: AFC & NFC All-Star Teams + Aaron Rogers Ultimate Team Card available to PowerUp Rewards members that pre-order through Monday

kmart.gif
Kmart: $20 gaming credit + $5 credit good toward this year's EA Sports games

icontarget.gif
Target: Buy Madden 2012 + 2 bags of 11-11.5 oz Doritos, get a $10 gift card

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us: Xbox 360/PS3 version is $44.99, Wii is $37.99 + Free Shipping

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart: $20 eGift card

Last edited by a moderator:
Still debating whether to bite on amazons deal... Not a lot change from last years, anyway Thanks cheapy, still got a day to decide.

[quote name='linuskinrak']Still debating whether to bite on amazons deal... Not a lot change from last years, anyway Thanks cheapy, still got a day to decide.[/QUOTE]

franchise mode finally got a nice looking overhaul. Thats really the only mode I'm interested in.

I'm on the fence myself, especially since I heard the ps3 version looked a little bit worse. I haven't had a version in about 2 years so that's the only thing tempting me.

"GameStop: No deals"

Read that shit and spit soda. Applies to pretty much everything that's truly "new" sold from that company.

[quote name='mgford11']"GameStop: No deals"

Read that shit and spit soda. Applies to pretty much everything that's truly "new" sold from that company.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao. on a side note, isnt the "allstar teams" suppose to already be in the game? smh

I emailed Amazon about Toys R Us price yesterday and received this response.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the Madden NFL 12 you recently purchased.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change.

While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not.

Thanks for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anyone on the fence should listen to the 4th String podcast. 3 reviewers tear down the game. My take from their 90 minute show:

Bottom line, if you want improvements to OFFLINE franchise (some of which are putting stuff back in that was cut from the PS2/XBox 1 versions) and don't care about Superstar mode (unplayable except for achievements because of camera angles/game logic) or Online Franchise (no changes at all including the improvements made in offline franchise) and don't mind the commentary being poor and almost completely rehashed from 11, then get it with one of the $20 coupon/credit/gift card deals or get it for $45 from TRU. Otherwise, wait for $30-$35 on Black Friday.

Something else to consider: NCAA Football 12 is still unpatched. It has two major glitches in that your dynasty can suddenly just refuse to progress any further and also your players specialties will change mid-season for no reason at all. You can go to pastapadre.com or read the forums on EA/Operation Sports for the full lowdown but if you're someone that wants to take draft classes in NCAA and bring them into Madden then beware.

I bought both games last year via deals (NCAA with a local Gamestop trade-in deal and Madden with BB's $20 RZ credit plus Madden NFL Arcade) and never got around to playing them, but now that I've gotten bored with CoD I'm playing dynasty in NCAA 11 and really enjoying it then going to go into Madden 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mackie619']Lmfao. on a side note, isnt the "allstar teams" suppose to already be in the game? smh[/QUOTE]

It's not technically the same as the Pro Bowl teams that are in the game, but yeah it's the weakest group of pre order bonus teams. They do have a slightly funny commercial for that bonus running in their stores, as long as you're not a Bears fan.

I was watching a unboxing of the hall of fame edition and have been having serious buyers remorse. I mean the last madden collectors was awesome but in the HOF it is just a slip cover over a reg game and a signed card as big as a manual. I am llike 89.00 SMH Hell should have been 69.00

I am tempted by TRU, Amazon is basically same, but you spend $60 to get $20 credit to spend again at amazon, I prefer to just pay less, and also have a $5 off voucher that was sent to me, so Madden 12 for $40 is fine.

I was going to buy it, but after reading the reviews from multiple sources, I think I'm going to skip it. Use my trade credit for Gears 3 instead.

I went Amazon for the $20 credit ad release-day delivery. $20 towards Gears. That $20 towards Arkham City. That $10 towards Uncharted 3. I think it's only in the neighborhood of a $50 total savings, but it's still $50.

[quote name='cometcoil']Does TRU have a option to pick it up at the store for the 44.99[/QUOTE]

I tried to, but didnt have the option in CO.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone on the fence should listen to the 4th String podcast. 3 reviewers tear down the game. My take from their 90 minute show:

Bottom line, if you want improvements to OFFLINE franchise (some of which are putting stuff back in that was cut from the PS2/XBox 1 versions) and don't care about Superstar mode (unplayable except for achievements because of camera angles/game logic) or Online Franchise (no changes at all including the improvements made in offline franchise) and don't mind the commentary being poor and almost completely rehashed from 11, then get it with one of the $20 coupon/credit/gift card deals or get it for $45 from TRU. Otherwise, wait for $30-$35 on Black Friday.

Something else to consider: NCAA Football 12 is still unpatched. It has two major glitches in that your dynasty can suddenly just refuse to progress any further and also your players specialties will change mid-season for no reason at all. You can go to pastapadre.com or read the forums on EA/Operation Sports for the full lowdown but if you're someone that wants to take draft classes in NCAA and bring them into Madden then beware.

I bought both games last year via deals (NCAA with a local Gamestop trade-in deal and Madden with BB's $20 RZ credit plus Madden NFL Arcade) and never got around to playing them, but now that I've gotten bored with CoD I'm playing dynasty in NCAA 11 and really enjoying it then going to go into Madden 11.[/QUOTE]
I've heard about issues with NCAA 12 but have yet to see any. I'm two seasons into a dynasty.

NCAA 11 was good but Madden 11 blows.

I'd like to order it from BB so I can add to my reward zone credits but I dont care about the game guide so the cheapest deal to me is from TRU. Would I be able to get BB to price match the PS3 $45 Madden?

What I find funny is how they added in the "3D" grass FINALLY, but have been saying it would be added for years and years. I think they were advertising it as far back as '07.

Also the demo wasn't terrible but it seems like their remedy to a lot of long standing issues (like the ping pong affect) was to just add in animations that override the normal crap that goes on.

I'm not in any way saying that NFL 2k5 is a better game than today's Madden's... just the graphics and animation alone make newer Madden's better, not to mention improvements in AI. But it's really sad when 2k5 still does some stuff better than current Madden games.

[quote name='JKSonic']What I find funny is how they added in the "3D" grass FINALLY, but have been saying it would be added for years and years. I think they were advertising it as far back as '07.

Also the demo wasn't terrible but it seems like their remedy to a lot of long standing issues (like the ping pong affect) was to just add in animations that override the normal crap that goes on.

I'm not in any way saying that NFL 2k5 is a better game than today's Madden's... just the graphics and animation alone make newer Madden's better, not to mention improvements in AI. But it's really sad when 2k5 still does some stuff better than current Madden games.[/QUOTE]
The demo is an old build of the game, pre E3.

My Amazon release day delivery preorder from forever ago isn't marked as "Shipping Soon" yet, which is certainly freaking me out. I want this tomorrow, hurricane be damned.

[quote name='mfunk9786']My Amazon release day delivery preorder from forever ago isn't marked as "Shipping Soon" yet, which is certainly freaking me out. I want this tomorrow, hurricane be damned.[/QUOTE]

If you don't get it tomorrow, you'll get another promotional credit as compensation for not having it on release day if you write them. Tomorrow I'm at work forever (it will be after 9 PM when I get home, probably closer to 10 PM) so I'm hoping mine doesn't come tomorrow and and I get another promotional credit since I won't really be able to play it anyway. However, despite the slow shipping status, its always here on release day (which is a good thing).

[quote name='lostfan']If you don't get it tomorrow, you'll get another promotional credit as compensation for not having it on release day if you write them. Tomorrow I'm at work forever (it will be after 9 PM when I get home, probably closer to 10 PM) so I'm hoping mine doesn't come tomorrow and and I get another promotional credit since I won't really be able to play it anyway. However, despite the slow shipping status, its always here on release day (which is a good thing).[/QUOTE]

I got the dlc code on Saturday, the shipping email and text message around 11am PST today; this is for west coast delivery which leaves from the sparks NV warehouse most of the time. YMMV.

My Order from Amazon shipped just now, and I only ordered this morning, just for your info.

Coming from Phoenix AZ

[quote name='mgford11']I got the dlc code on Saturday, the shipping email and text message around 11am PST today; this is for west coast delivery which leaves from the sparks NV warehouse most of the time. YMMV.[/QUOTE]
same here

[quote name='mfunk9786']My Amazon release day delivery preorder from forever ago isn't marked as "Shipping Soon" yet, which is certainly freaking me out. I want this tomorrow, hurricane be damned.[/QUOTE]

Same here, they sent me the DLC code on Saturday but still has not been shipped even though I paid for release day shipping.

I ordered on Amazon. Plan on using that $20 credit towards Halo Anniversary along with my $20 credit from GOW3, so a FREE copy of Halo Anniversary is coming my way!

If I bought the game right now from Best Buy (as in, about 3 hours from released) for store pick-up for me to pick it up tomorrow, would it still count towards the buy 5 get 100$ deal?

in otherwords, does it matter how long before I pre-order it as long as I pre-ordered it?

I just called Bestbuy.com and the rep verified the TRU price. But she can't price match now. She suggest me picking it up in store tomorrow and then call them back. They will credit the 15 bucks back to me. I asked what if the TRU price change back to $60 tomorrow and she said she already verified the price and put a note on my order. I just need to give the reference number to any rep and they will adjust it for me.

[quote name='Llama of Time']If I bought the game right now from Best Buy (as in, about 3 hours from released) for store pick-up for me to pick it up tomorrow, would it still count towards the buy 5 get 100$ deal?

in otherwords, does it matter how long before I pre-order it as long as I pre-ordered it?[/QUOTE]

That is my understanding, as long as it is pre-ordered, it should count towards your $100 reward zone gift.

[quote name='jony529']I'd like to order it from BB so I can add to my reward zone credits but I dont care about the game guide so the cheapest deal to me is from TRU. Would I be able to get BB to price match the PS3 $45 Madden?[/QUOTE]

Since no one answered me I had to do my own dirty work and called BB up. They price matched madden 12 with TRU and so I can go to the store and pick it up tomorrow for the badass price of $44.99. Plus I got them to give me the 10$ GC they "conveniently" forgot to give me from my LA Noire Preorder. I win!

i went to walmart midnight event and didnt get the $20 dollar gift card for it. hopefully it wasnt an online preorder thing. they did say if i can find an ad of it somewhere they would give me it. any one know where i could find one?
happy to hear the demo version was an old build of the game because it was laggy during playcall menus.i did get the hall of fame edition, paying an extra fee for a signed card. in was surprised it was a real copy and not some printed one that im used to seeing like on the box.

[quote name='Thrax83']i went to walmart midnight event and didnt get the $20 dollar gift card for it. hopefully it wasnt an online preorder thing. they did say if i can find an ad of it somewhere they would give me it. any one know where i could find one?
happy to hear the demo version was an old build of the game because it was laggy during playcall menus.i did get the hall of fame edition, paying an extra fee for a signed card. in was surprised it was a real copy and not some printed one that im used to seeing like on the box.[/QUOTE]

Online only deal... We're there any giveaways like previous years? Shaving kits and nfl gear?

Nope nothin. Not even a cupcake with the madden logo that they had last year. Also playcall menu still laggy and when choosing team it freezes than resumes. I'm hoping I need to install it to hard drive and that well go away

My order from Amazon never shipped out. What the hell? I got an e-mail apologizing, but nothing else. You know, if you advertise release date shipping for a major release...

I would just go to a store and buy it today and then return the sealed copy from Amazon tomorrow or whenever they finally send it to me, but I want the preorder bonus code, and I never got a code in my e-mail.

bread's done
Back