- - - - -

Gamer mom/dad thread

#601 razrvamp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

razrvamp

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:32 AM

WOW nice to see this thread active again.  I've most the mostly been a lurker in this thread due to me having nothing to contribute to the conversation since my kids are now 17, 16, and 15 and everyone talks about having youngsters.  I get to game whenever I want now due to their age and the only thing I have to look forward to is them leaving.  I love them dearly but teenagers suck and I cant wait till the day I have the house to myself again.  

#602 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4455 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

I can't believe it's been so long since I started this thread.  The little boy on the first page is about to turn 7!  I also have a 3 year old who is now fully potty trained, which makes things a lot easier, not to mention cheaper since we don't need to buy diapers anymore.  I'm actually able to get a bunch of gaming in at night after the kids go to bed.  My wife works a lot of nights, so I am able to get at least a couple of hours a night.

#603 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

Wow. This thread is hanging in there. I started posting when my girl was a year old. She's about to become 8 now. Damn time flies.

I'm able to enjoy gaming a little more now that she's older. We played and beat several games over the past year. Kirby Star Allies, Mario Odyssey, Overcooked, Fat Princess Adventures, Ratchet & Clank, Zelda BotW. So it's great I can play some of these games around her now. I just can't play something like God of War or Witcher.

She also has her Miitopia which she loves. It's pretty easy for her.

#604 kellyon  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

My kids (8 y.o and 9 y.o) are fond of League of Legends. They play it through eSports platform at https://dreamteam.gg/lol/teams with different players from around the world. I play it with them from time to time. Quite entertaining.

#605 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

My boy is almost 4 now, we occasionally play Roblox and Minecraft on the Xbox, but he doesn't seem terribly interested in playing. He does however love to to watch people play it on Youtube.

#606 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:19 AM

My boy is almost 4 now, we occasionally play Roblox and Minecraft on the Xbox, but he doesn't seem terribly interested in playing. He does however love to to watch people play it on Youtube.

My daughter (7) plays Roblox. In fact I was watching her play it today and I was impressed with her platforming skills. However if I put in something like Mario Odyssey and hand her a controller she is terrible and can barely make simple jumps.. I don't get it.

#607 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4455 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

#608 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

You too. I had a nice day. Homemade chicken pot pie & cheesecake. Then they let me take a nap. Went to the pool with my daughter. Had a beer. Nice day.

#609 MidnightMarauder74   Proud CAG (not CAGer) CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

MidnightMarauder74

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

My son is 7 and we’re playing Overwatch together on a regular basis now. I’m ok with him playing this shooter because the violence is cartoony. He’s gotten quite good with the game and gets play of the game honors quite regularly. He plays on the OG PS4 while I play on the pro. Both systems are in the same room so I play with headsets on. We just communicate by shouting at each other lol. My 3 year old daughter will watch us play video games occasionally but hasn’t taken an interest in playing with the controller. Hope you gamer parents/CAGs are doing well!

#610 Barnacle   Ghost CAG in Training   9 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Barnacle

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

I'm gonna revive this thread again. My daughter is 6 and she loves playing Roblox too. I also gave her my old PSP where she plays LocoRoco and Patapon. I've tried to teach her how to play Minecraft, be she doesn't seem interested in it. She likes to watch how I play Stardew Valley but there's so much things in this game she can't figure out. The latest game she enjoyed was Slime Rancher. Have anyone heard about it? I haven't, just accidentally stumbled upon this slime rancher free download, checked the screenshots, guides and it seems like a really nice game. My daughter adores it very much now and thus I hope she will abandon Roblox finally...

#611 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:39 AM

And, I'm going to bump this old ass thread. Kid is headed off to kindergarten in two weeks. He's been more into platformers, although he's been on a big Roblox kick lately. Crazy how time flies.

#612 SilentE  

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:47 PM

I have three kids - two girls (5,8), and one boy (2). Very hard to fit any gaming in until about 9pm when they go to bed. 

#613 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4455 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

My youngest is about to go to kindergarten too.  He really likes playing the Lego Force Awakens game, but other than that, he's not really interested.  He's more interested in watching Star Wars movies / shows or playing with his Lego Star Wars toys.

#614 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:51 AM

I have three kids - two girls (5,8), and one boy (2). Very hard to fit any gaming in until about 9pm when they go to bed.

This is very much life right now. It's about staying up past the kids and in my case, the wife too. She doesn't like me playing Xbox or I'm"choosing video games over her". I get time during the evening if I choose to play while everybody is up, but I dont want my kids to see me playing all the time. I am semi-addicted to video games and don't want my kids to only have an image of their dad with a controller in hand so staying up late is the way to go.

My 5 year old boy is in an extreme Mario phase right now after grandma bought him a 2DS or whatever its called.

#615 Whoaaa   Ghost CAG in Training   4 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

When I became dad thing got different. I don't really have time on gaming, all I do is just play Fortnite on my smartphone. But if I suddenly have extra free time I play it on PC, because it's far more superior. I use this service to boost my rank just to stay in good shape and keep up with the latest updates.

#616 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14654 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

This has pretty much been my life since bringing home a husky puppy for a few months now. I can't imagine having kids, which is exactly why we don't want any lol. Being a dogfather is enough heh.