Get Ready!!! McDonald's Monopoly is coming! 9/27-10/24

goofyfanman

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
No purchase neccessary,In-Store open to (50) US & DC, Guam, Saipan & Canada residents, 9/27/11 to 10/24/11, or while supplies last; Online Game is time seeded, begins 9/27/11 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET 11/5/11; not avail. in Guam & Saipan. Must be 13 yrs. or older to play Online. Void where prohibited. Games subject to Official Rules avail. at participating McDonald's restaurants and Playatmcd.com

Prizes as i have looked at:
MCR Points
Collect and Win Prizes
Brand New Cars
Trip to London
EA Prizes
Spawish gift certificate
Snapfish prints
Xbox with Kinect
$5,$1k and $5k Walmart gift cards
Beaches vacation
All American Game Trip

Pre-promotion sweepstakes starts 9/20/11 and ends 9/27/11

Hope a lot of people win :D

Thanks!

Thomas

I still don't know what to do once I get the 2 blue pieces (I always aim for those).

I've won some food prizes though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to play this game since hearing about it being rigged for all those years.
I don't eat there anyway though.

[quote name='Gram']I refuse to play this game since hearing about it being rigged for all those years.
I don't eat there anyway though.[/QUOTE]

Rigged? Care to elaborate?

[quote name='Gram']I refuse to play this game since hearing about it being rigged for all those years.

Yeah I didn't hear about it being rigged. Please explain

No, that was before and it wasn't McDonald's fault, read this excerpt from Wikipedia
In 2000, the US promotion was halted after fraud was uncovered. A subcontracting company called Simon Marketing (a then-subsidiary of Cyrk), which had been hired by McDonald's to organize and promote the game, failed to recognize a flaw in its procedures, and the chief of security, Jerome P. Jacobson, was able to remove the "most expensive" game pieces, which he then passed to associates who would redeem them and share the proceeds. The associates "won" almost all of the top prizes between 1995 and 2000, including McDonald's giveaways that did not have the Monopoly theme. The associates "netted" over $24 million. The scheme was uncovered when one of the participants informed the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Even though the fraud was perpetrated without McDonald's knowledge, the McDonald's Corporation voluntarily attempted to rectify the situation by issuing payouts to new (legitimate) winners, awarding five $1 million annuity prizes, and fifty $100,000 prizes over a five-day period.

While the fraud appeared to have been perpetrated by only one key employee of the promotion company, and not by the company's management, eight people were originally arrested, leading to a total of 21 indicted individuals. The relationship between McDonald's and Simon Marketing broke down in a pair of lawsuits over breach of contract, eventually settled out of court, with McDonald's' claim being thrown out and Simon receiving $16.6 million. Although McDonald's was not involved in the fraud, it came under much criticism for what appeared to be lax oversight of the promotion company.

Is this the one I have gotten tons of Best Buy $1.00 codes for? I freaking cleaned up on that program a few years back. Bought me a vacuum cleaner and tons of games. :) Used my familys names on different things (which they wanted) and bought a crapload of the $1.00 tickets off ebay, that were all 100% legit.

If its just regular monopoly... then ill pass, but if I can get best buy bucks.. im down!

[quote name='n25philly']But then I would have to eat McDonalds... no deal![/QUOTE]

No purchase neccessary, can you get a game piece without buying or sending self addressed envelope? I don't eat that crap ha...

[quote name='Blaster man']Can you link the official rules? How many prizes total are there?[/QUOTE]

http://www.playatmcd.com/

Dosen't say. But basically there is only one "winning" piece for each color because it's so much more rare. They have one or two common pieces, and the other one/two are rare. So there might be a 1/33 chance of getting Pacific Avenue, 1/83 of getting Pennsylvania Avenue, but they only give away 500 total North Carolina Avenue pieces. That way they can have 10 prizes, which would be only giving away 7 of them, and everyone thinks they are so close to winning. It's the same with the lower prizes, but the rare ones have a low might be 1/100 and the common ones are 1/15. It's like the xbox live summer game on facebook. You have a 1/3 chance of getting 2 X's, but you have a 1/200 chance of getting 3. (I made up all the numbers, because I don't know if they post them anywhere, but you get the point.)

Has anyone here ever won any of the bigger, significant prizes? Since 2000 at least I mean. Man that's the first time I've heard that story, I would have been heartbroken when I was a kid to find out there was no chance to actually win anything on this thing.

[quote name='n25philly']But then I would have to eat McDonalds... no deal![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Even if you win, you lose... Especially if you win food! :booty:

Hey guys sorry if i forgot to post the rules of the game. Here they are:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY/WIN A PRIZE. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID EMAIL MAY BE REQUIRED. In-Store open to (50) US & DC, Guam, Saipan & Canada residents, 9/27/11 to 10/24/11, or while supplies last; Online Game is time seeded, begins 9/27/11 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET 11/5/11; not avail. in Guam & Saipan. Must be 13 yrs. or older to play Online. Void where prohibited. Games subject to Official Rules avail. at participating McDonald's restaurants and www.PlayatMcD.com; see for restrictions, ARVs, odds, no purchase play, Prizes/claim details. *Odds based on Game Pieces (each has 2 Game Stamps); mostly food Prizes.

^To Participate Without Making A Purchase: To receive a Game Piece by mail, mail a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope ("SASE") with sufficient postage and a return address, including first and last name, street address, city, state and ZIP Code to 2011 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 49180, Strongsville, OH 44149-0180. DO NOT SEND ANY WINNING GAME STAMPS, COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. See Official Rules at www.PlayatMcD.com for important mailing requirements. Requests must be postmarked no sooner than 9/20/11 and no later than 10/24/11 for receipt no later than 10/28/11. VT requests that are postmarked in VT may omit return postage. Limit one request per outer envelope. Requests that do not comply with mailing requirements will not be honored, acknowledged or returned and persons submitting such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and unused envelopes.

**The Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes: begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on September 20, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 26, 2011 ("Pre-Promotion Entry Period"). To participate in this Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes you must register to be an Online Participant. When the FREE Code "MCDFORREAL" and your Online Registration information are received and recorded by the Game Computer, you will receive one (1) entry into this Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes entry per Online Participant. On or about October 3, 2011, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing. The verified winner will receive a check for ten thousand dollars ($10,000). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.

1My Coke Rewards® ("MCR"): Points valid only for use in MCR Program. Subject to MCR Rules at www.mycokerewards.com. Each MCR 30 Points Bundle is valid for one (1) 20-oz. Coca-Cola product coupon valid at retail, ARV: $1.
MCR 1,000 Points Bundle: Points valid only for use in MCR Program and must be redeemed at mycokerewards.com by November 21, 2011. Points can be redeemed for a number of available items at mycokerewards.com. ARV: $33.

2Redbox®: In-Store Prize expires 11/7/11; Online Prize expires 11/21/11. Must be 18 yrs. to claim at any Redbox ® location. Valid for one night of DVD rental w/valid credit/debit card; daily rental fees apply thereafter. ARV: $1.

3Snapfish® (20) 4"x6" Digital Prints: A winner will receive a redemption code to use to redeem the Prize at www.snapfish.com/mcd2011 by December 31, 2011. The winner must use a Snapfish account to redeem the Prize. Prize includes standard shipping to an address in the US. Accounts are free to set up. ARV: $5.
Snapfish® 11"x14" Poster, ARV: $6.99; and 5"x7" Photo Album Prizes, ARV: $12.99. A winner of one of these Prizes will receive instructions in the winning email to redeem the Prize by November 21, 2011. Each Prize includes standard shipping to an address in the US.

4EA SPORTSTM Video Games: A winner must use the redemption code during the checkout process at www.store.origin.com/mcd to select a game. Redemption code is valid for one (1) EA SPORTS Video Game including STANDARD shipping service to locations in the US. Redemption code expires on December 31, 2011, and cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, credit, rebate or other discount coupons. Selections are subject to availability. Prize may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. ARV: $60.

EA SPORTSTM $10 Prize: A winner will receive a promotion code, valid for a $10 Prize (e.g., EA SPORTS FIFA Manager '09 download, ARV: $9.99), or $10 off any EA SPORTSTM title at the Origin store, that must be redeemed at www.store.origin.com/mcd by November 21, 2011. ARV: $10.

EA SPORTSTM Ultimate Game Room: Prize awarded as a $2,000 gift card, (2) video game rockers, (2) autographed pieces of memorabilia and (5) EA SPORTSTM games. ARV: $3,800.

EA SPORTSTM Fan Trip: for two (2) to a championship or championship series game in the US from EA SPORTSTM. ARV: $7,000.

EA SPORTSTM Lifetime of Games: (8) EA SPORTSTM games/yr. at $60/game for 50 yrs. ARV: $24,000.

5Kinect™ for Xbox 360®: Includes 4GB Xbox 360® console, games and Kinect™ Sensor. ARV: $300.

6SpaWish® $20 or $200 Gift Certificates: Valid at thousands of spas/salons worldwide and at www.myspashop.com. T&C's apply. ARV: $20 or $200.

7$10 or $50 Gift Cards for Gas: Each winner will receive a gift card valid for the purchase of gasoline up to the value of the Prize. ARV: $10 or $50.

8Trip to London: Prize consists of a 4-Day/3-Night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to London between July 26, 2012 and August 12, 2012 to attend two (2) London 2012 Olympic Games events in Sponsor's sole selection. ARV: $16,000.

9$5, $1,000 & $5,000 Walmart® Gift Cards: Redeemable in US Walmart® stores and on Walmart.com. Subject to Walmart T&C's. Requires Online claim by 11/21/11. ARV: $5, $1,000 or $5,000.

10Beaches Resorts: 4-Day/3-Night Luxury Included® family vacation to Turks & Caicos or Jamaica for (2) adults and (2) children 15 yrs. or younger, ARV: $7,500.

11McDonald's® All-American® High School Basketball Games: A 3-Day/2-Night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to the 2012 McDonald's All-American Games ("Games") in Chicago, IL, scheduled to take place on Wednesday, March 28, 2012. ARV: $3,000.

12MY 12 Nissan Z® Coupe: A 2012 Touring Model with automatic transmission. Optional equipment not included. Insurance and driver's license required for delivery. MSRP: $38,210.

SL MY 12 Nissan LEAF™: A 2012 Model with charger plus standard home installation. Vehicle shown is for illustrative purposes only. Optional equipment not included. Insurance and valid driver's license required for delivery. MSRP: $40,000.

© 2011 McDonald's. McDonald's and the Golden Arches logo are trademarks of McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. MONOPOLY TM, ® & © 2011 Hasbro. "My Coke Rewards", "mycokerewards.com" are trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company. All rights reserved. redbox and the Redbox kiosk are registered trademarks of Redbox Automated Retail, LLC. All rights reserved. EA, EA SPORTS and the EA SPORTS logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. SpaWish is a registered trademark of SpaFinder, Inc. and used only by permission. Snapfish is a registered trademark of Hewlett-Packard. All rights reserved. Walmart and Walmart Gift Cards are registered trademarks of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and are used with permission. Kinect, Xbox 360 and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license. All rights reserved. Beaches Resorts - The Luxury Included® family vacation is a registered trademark of Beaches Resorts, represented by Unique Vacations, Limited, worldwide representatives of Beaches Resorts. All rights reserved. MY 12 Nissan Z, SL MY 12 Nissan LEAF and the Nissan badge are trademarks of Nissan North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Delta Vacations, the property of MLT Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines. All rights reserved. Shell and the Shell Pecten are registered trademarks used with permission of Shell Trademark Management BV or its Affiliates. All rights reserved.

[quote name='drobaby']the rules say that we can get free codes threw there official website but i cant find it. does anyone have a link?[/QUOTE]

FREE Codes Through Links Contained in Various Game Communications: A free code (each a "FREE Code") can be obtained (a) on the Official Website; and (b) in various Game communications. :hot:The FREE Code "MCDFORREAL":hot: is the only FREE Code that can be used to participate in the Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes. Any FREE Code can be used during the 2011 Online Game Play Period to register for the Game and receive a Sweepstakes entry (but not an Online Game Play). The date of FREE Code entry (or the date of a Game Code entry) determines which Sweepstakes is entered: Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes (9/20/11 – 9/26/11) or Online Game Sweepstakes (9/27/11 – 11/5/11). Once a FREE Code is used by a Participant, it will not be available for that Participant's use for the remainder of the 2011 Online Game Play Period. A FREE Code is not valid for an Online Game Play and can only be used once per eligible person. FREE Codes, or links to FREE Codes, may be included in Game communications authorized by the Sponsor that may appear or be sent from time to time, such as a FREE Code in a communication from a Prize Partner, but any FREE Code will only be available to any Participant for one (1) Sweepstakes entry.

[quote name='drobaby']the rules say that we can get free codes threw there official website but i cant find it. does anyone have a link?[/QUOTE]
Well if you start throwing stuff, I don't think they'll give you anything.

Picture_3_1.png

Although the "rare" pieces are usually the same, I remember there was one year where Park Place was the rare piece though.

Current free codes for entry towards the sweepstakes to win a 2012 Nissan 370Z Touring model (Will NOT grant you any online instant wins or chances to win other prizes):
MCDFORREAL
FREECODEMCR

MCDMONOPOLY

The only way to get playable codes and instant chances to win is to either eat at McDonald's or send in self addressed envelopes.

Codes can be found on: Big Mac (2 peels), Nuggets (4 peels on 20 piece, 2 on the 10 piece), Large Fries (4 peels), medium drinks (2 peels), McCafe drinks (2 peels), my favorite: Filet-o-Fish (2 peels). And for breakfast: hash browns, Egg McMuffin, and Oatmeal all have them (2 peels each).

The rare pieces:

• Mediterranean Ave – $50 – 10,000 prizes
  • Vermont Ave – $100 – 3000 prizes
  • Virginia Ave – $200 SpaWish Gift Certificate – 250 prizes
  • Tennessee Ave – Beaches Resort Vacation – 300 prizes
  • Kentucky Ave – $50,000 – 8 prizes
  • Shortline Railroad – EA Sports Fan Trip – 8 prizes
  • Ventor Ave – $100,000 – 6 prizes
  • Pennsylvania Ave – SL MY 12 Nissan Leaf (electric car)- 2 prizes
  • Boardwalk – $1,000,000 – 1 prize

Any size McCafe drink? I usually get a small, but I love those damn things and could be talked into a medium.

[quote name='mkelehan']Any size McCafe drink? I usually get a small, but I love those damn things and could be talked into a medium.[/QUOTE]

No, only the medium or large.

i miss the days when mcdonalds had the monopoly with best buy bucks. those were the days when playing the monopoly game was actually worth playing. i hope the bring it back soon!

[quote name='NismoZ32']Current free codes for entry towards the sweepstakes to win a 2012 Nissan 370Z Touring model (Will NOT grant you any online instant wins or chances to win other prizes):
MCDFORREAL
FREECODEMCR

MCDMONOPOLY

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for these!

Whenever I put in my codes (I got two from a drink earlier today), it takes me to a chance card throwing selector, then I click one, and it takes me to a page where it just sits at 0% indefinitely. Anyone else have the same thing going on?

I liked Monopoly better back when the internet wasn't all that big. They had better prizes, and better odds. I won the $50 Baltic/Mediteranean prize before, and the countless Best Buy coupons were sweet as hell.

Nowadays, you're lucky to win Rotten Ron (my affectionate nickname for McDonald's), food prizes.

The days of Best Buy coupons were honestly awesome, my brother and I collected $40 one time and bought a 256mb flash drive. Those were also the days where a 1gb would be $100!

I've gotten a lot more so far from the in store food prizes than online. Won a few 30 pt coke codes, which I do use. But I've won many more food items out of about 20 stamps from meals with my girlfriend and brother. 2 small frappe, 4 med fries and 2 mcflurrys so far.

[quote name='Mako1215']So does the $1 tea work?[/QUOTE]Don't think so. My dad got one when we went today & it wasn't on the cup.

Got 30 My Coke Reward points on my 1st try. 2nd try got nothing. I'll have to remember to go there more often.

[quote name='Zonic505']Don't think so. My dad got one when we went today & it wasn't on the cup.

Got 30 My Coke Reward points on my 1st try. 2nd try got nothing. I'll have to remember to go there more often.[/QUOTE]

If Im not mistaken, it seems like they only have it on the medium cups this year. They also only have it on the large fries, so you can have either 2 on the cup or upsize for 4 on the fries. McDonald's has becomes slightly more shadier this year with their promotion.

I entered 10 times, got nothing. Also, wow, I didn't know that the pieces were that limited... And to think I need the rare yellow one, orange one, railroad, and the purple. >.< Never goin get em.

Won an instant medium fries. Then on the second chances I got a 30 MCR points thing. Nothing else other then a few Park Place's that don't match and other random board pieces.

I know the mcdonalds monopoly thing hasn't been good for awhile but it feels really stale this year. I did win a copy of Monopoly Streets last year on the 360, which is like the only non food item or mycokereward that ive ever gotten in all the years ive played this lol.

bread's done
Back