Skate 3 - $20 (PS3/X360) at Amazon

great deal. The skate games are amazing, especially skate 3. Be warned though, in skate 3 there isnt much of a story you just do challenges until you reach a million dollars (thats not to say it will be easy) and the single player is over. The multiplayer is really fun and has a high emphasis on team play. Plus you can create and download user generated skate parks.

If you've never played a skate game, your definitely missing out. They play way differently from the tony hawk series because they are way more realistic. You dont just press a button to do an ollie (jump) you actually flick the right analogue stick down then up which mimics what you would do on a real skateboard.

Im surprised the game is just reaching $20 considering it came out in May of 2010 and the fact that skating games are kind of a niche these days.

Great game.

Picked it up when it was 30 at gamestop.

Although I very much dislike how the area is broken into 3 zones, not making it like a one large seemless area, so you have to choose what area you want to be in everytime.

And the map seems smaller too, but great game nonetheless.

Does this game have blood in it, and if so is there an option to turn off the blood? My kids like some version of Skate, but I'm not sure which it was as I didn't see them play it (they played on a cousin's PS3) and one thing they liked is that it didn't have blood (they don't care for that at all). But I'm wondering if Skate 3 tried to go "edgy", as game devs tend to seem to do with sequels.

If you can find this at a local BBV, they are having a b1g1 free. Price for skate 3 is $14.99. Grab a SWTFU2 for your free one and trade in to BBY for $12 base ($16.80 for preorder bonus or $18 with madden receipt) and you walk away with a free used Skate 3

[quote name='crunchewy']Does this game have blood in it, and if so is there an option to turn off the blood? My kids like some version of Skate, but I'm not sure which it was as I didn't see them play it (they played on a cousin's PS3) and one thing they liked is that it didn't have blood (they don't care for that at all). But I'm wondering if Skate 3 tried to go "edgy", as game devs tend to seem to do with sequels.[/QUOTE]

Your skater gets dirty and may get a little banged up, but as far as I remember there's nothing bloody or too violent. No blood splats on the ground if that's what you're asking.

Otherwise this game is good. I was a little disappointed in how clean the environments look. It's like the entire game is a skate park under the mild guise of being a city. It's one of those games that won't leave my collection because it's nice to pop in and free skate every now and again.

[quote name='bsmiff']Your skater gets dirty and may get a little banged up, but as far as I remember there's nothing bloody or too violent. No blood splats on the ground if that's what you're asking.

.[/QUOTE]
This is correct, it never gets to bloody, there is also no option to turn off the blood. I just checked the options to see if there was.

I've played through all 3 skate games. If I were to put them in order I would say S2 was the best, but S3 is a very close second.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does this game have blood in it, and if so is there an option to turn off the blood? My kids like some version of Skate, but I'm not sure which it was as I didn't see them play it (they played on a cousin's PS3) and one thing they liked is that it didn't have blood (they don't care for that at all). But I'm wondering if Skate 3 tried to go "edgy", as game devs tend to seem to do with sequels.[/QUOTE]

No blood but there is a rather cringe-worthy ragdoll system that tallies broken bones when you bail

Not too bloody, or no blood at all? They really don't like blood in their games. Squeamish about it. Heck, even Trials HD, where I didn't even notice that there was blood, they spotted it and won't play it as a result (and yes, it is there, but pretty subtle).

Ok thanks for the info! They don't mind ragdoll stuff, they're just squeamish about blood. Heck, they even spotted blood in Trials HD and I had never even noticed it! Yeah, I should toughen them up, but I'll save that for the real world, not video games. :)

[quote name='iamsmart']No blood but there is a rather cringe-worthy ragdoll system that tallies broken bones when you bail[/QUOTE]

That's right, I totally forgot about the "Hall of Meat." Pretty corny aspect of the game that focuses on making your character continually bounce around after bailing and break as many bones in his or her body as possible. It's pretty exaggerated but if your kid's ever taken a nasty spill off a skateboard I don't think it'll gross them out. Laugh, maybe.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If you can find this at a local BBV, they are having a b1g1 free. Price for skate 3 is $14.99. Grab a SWTFU2 for your free one and trade in to BBY for $12 base ($16.80 for preorder bonus or $18 with madden receipt) and you walk away with a free used Skate 3[/QUOTE]

I gotta check my local stores, I would take both those games for that price forget trading it back ha.

bread's done
Back