DarkSpore <pc only duh> 14.97 on Impulse

Can you activate this on Origin? I don't really want to have a third client installed.

edit : You beat me to it. :)

Today is Spore day on Impulse. They also have Spore for $10, Creepy and Cute Pack for $10, and Galactic Adventures for $15. It doesn't look like they have a bundle deal for the games, even though they've had one for their other daily deals this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a copy.

Looks like you need to install impulse to get the Serial, but then use it on Origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
The general answer to the question is yes, you can activate it on origin. There are a few exceptions, like games that just aren't available on origin, but when I was in the chat with a representative getting my DAOUE activated (the code from impulse was only wanting to work on a german version, so I got them to activate the english version) she told me that just about every EA game from the end of 2009 and newer will activate on origin.

Basically, if it doesn't activate, click the help button in the top right corner of origin, and they should get it added for you.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does it activate on Origin?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will activate on Origin. No, you do not have to have the Impulse client to install it. The code is also sent to you in an email receipt. Hope this helps and convinces a few more to buy this sweet game.

The exact answer is yes.. in fact under the description it says..

Persistent internet connection, EA Account, registration with enclosed serial code and acceptance of End User License Agreement required to play. S

[quote name='Spyder187']Yes, it will activate on Origin. No, you do not have to have the Impulse client to install it. The code is also sent to you in an email receipt. Hope this helps and convinces a few more to buy this sweet game.[/QUOTE]
I never got the code in the e-mail. I had to download impulse to get the code. Either way a good price for this game. I like the idea of Spore. I just hated how the first Spore lacked direction, this seems to fix that.

bread's done
Back