Most ridiculous cheap ass trade ever!

koreapowerhour

CAG Veteran
If anyone deserves a topic on how they got a great deal, it should be basketcase 1080. Check out his trade with King Bahamut, about halfway down on this page http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1526&start=420. Now, unless Bahamut received an extra $100 and some kind of sexual favors, he got pwned royally.
"Who did you trade with? King Bahamut
What did you get? FFTA, Fire Emblem, Megaman Zero 1/2, Castlevania COTM, Secret of Mana, 2 Sealed copies Skies of Arcadia Legends
What did you give? PoP (xbox), Megaman x6, Ikaruga (gc), Kingdom Hearts, FFX"

This can't be a real trade as nobody would ever agree to give up those games for so much less in return. If it is real, let me personally thank King for making me laugh through the next year.

I agree I can not understand how he rips people off so well. I mean a complete Chrono Trigger along with some other stuff for some ROMS and Earthbound

If they both agree on it and feel secure thats up to them. MAybe they will let me screw them over so throughly

[quote name='BigNick']If they are games that you dont play anymore, and he got games he wants to play, its a good deal.[/quote]

Agreed

I'm going to have to agree con mi amigo koreapowerhour. After checking out the prices of the games traded on half.com and ebgames, i found this:

Games Bahamut sold:
- ffta is $20
- fire emblem is $25
- mega man zero 1 is $20
- mega man zero 2 is $20
- circle of the moon is $20
- skies legends is $25
- secret of mana can run $50, more if you want everything complete.

Total = $180

Games Bahamut received:
- persia is $30
- x6 is $15
- ikaruga is $15
- kingdom hearts and ffx are $30 total

Total = $90

Now it's pretty clear that this was the most abysmal deal since the dawn of time. If Bahamut has so many games, it's clear he has a bunch of money, money that is probably his parents. Why didn't he just buy the games he got and keep the others? Or, if he is strapped for cash, he could have just sold the games he gave away and bought a steak dinner for an entire country with the extra money.

I wish I could have seen basketcase's reaction when Bahamut agreed to this rediculous trade.

^^ Prince of Persia for xbox is still 50, cotm can be found for 15, and soal can be found for 20. Also, it seems you took into consideration the GGC on one side, but not the other, which could've knocked off another $20. Still not as good of a deal, but if they agreed on it, it's not really anyones problem.

[quote name='st0neface']^^ Prince of Persia for xbox is still 50, cotm can be found for 15, and soal can be found for 20. Also, it seems you took into consideration the GGC on one side, but not the other, which could've knocked off another $20. Still not as good of a deal, but if they agreed on it, it's not really anyones problem.[/quote]

I cna agree with you on that one. Maybe something else was involved that was not mentioned or they were cart only or something

If the gba games involved were bootlegs or even cart only, that would even up the trade more (collectability value-wise)

Secret of Mana, if cart, isn't worth THAT much. Overall, I probably wouldn't do the trade if I were King Bahamut, but I can see why he would.

It seems to me that Carlos may not have been generous enough to the prices of the games on Bahamut's side. For Fire Emblem and Tactics Advance, they are still at least 27 each on ebgames.com preowned. The cheapest anyone can find a new Skies is 20, not including shipping and tax from outpost, if they even have it in. Circle isn't very common anymore and 20 seems reasonable based on ebay and ebgames pricing. Also, the Kingdom Hearts and FFX would have to be new to come out to 30 on a buy 2 deal, which they probably aren't since it's a trading forum. X6 is a relatively common greatest hit game, especially preowned, and Ikaruga can be had for 20 new. I got PoP before christmas for xbox when it was 35 at cc. I'm sure a preowned could be had easily for 30 by now, especially with an overall price drop recently.
All I know is, there is no way I would ever agree to this deal for Bahamut. No CAG would ever admit to being a part of this trade either.

Time for the real math

PoP: 45-----------FFTA: 20
MMX6:15---------FE: 25
Ikaruga:15-------MMZ: 15
KH:15-------------MMZ2:15
FFX:15------------CoTM:15
cash:45-----------SoALx2:40
--------------------SoM: 35

$145--------------$175

So that's $30 difference if all the GBA games are complete. I assumed SoM was not automatically. If you say each GBA game is worth $3 less w/o manual, that's another $15 gone, making it a $20 difference, not too big of a difference on a trade of that magnitude.

[quote name='megamanLOVER69']Even with that, he is still losing at least 50 bucks worth on one trade, not to mention express shipping costs.[/quote]

you wanna 69 megaman?

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='megamanLOVER69']Even with that, he is still losing at least 50 bucks worth on one trade, not to mention express shipping costs.[/quote]

you wanna 69 megaman?[/quote]

Morgan Webb was taken :cry:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I agree I can not understand how he rips people off so well. I mean a complete Chrono Trigger along with some other stuff for some ROMS and Earthbound

If they both agree on it and feel secure thats up to them. MAybe they will let me screw them over so throughly[/quote]

Let me explain that trade to you as I'm the one who traded him Chrono Trigger. I traded him a complete Chrono Trigger, Secrets of Evermore (loose), and Pokemon Yellow (loose). I'm selling my SNES w/t Super Donkey Kong Country, Super Scope Six, and Earthbound for $150 today. If I didn't include Earthbound, it would've been $100 for the whole package. So, since I'm selling my SNES, Chrono Trigger and Evermore are useless, and I never play Yellow anymore. When he added the NES and SNES ROM's, I considered those as money value and called it more even. But as I have found out, those aren't worth anything since you can go to those sites and burn those emu programs in about five minutes. But since I lost games I don't play, and now now I have the ROM's for those games, I guess it's still even. I kept on stressing the fact that he was getting the better deal, but he took his opinion higher than about %95 of gamers'. In his opinion, Earthbound was better, and while hundreds of millions of ppl would call that an unfair trade, he didn't care. But he was too stubborn to work out a better deal, so that's that.

lemme explain before I get flammed as being a total ass for trading... kingbahamutx offered me these things... also 45 dollars was involved and I was unaware of the fact he was express shipping. He claimed he had no priority boxes at the p/o and was forced to ship express... so please, find the facts before you judge me.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']lemme explain before I get flammed as being a total ass for trading... kingbahamutx offered me these things... also 45 dollars was involved and I was unaware of the fact he was express shipping. He claimed he had no priority boxes at the p/o and was forced to ship express... so please, find the facts before you judge me.[/quote]

We weren't judging you, we were making fun of Bahamut for agreeing to such a bad trade for him. You are a smart hombre for taking the deal.

Nobody is flaming you BasketCase. Just showing how ridiculous of a trade that was. I'd take that trade in a second if it was presented to me. If someone wants to get rid of their best games for relatively little, don't feel bad for jumping on it.

bread's done
Back