OOS - Nintendo DS Lite Polar White - $43.99 Used at Amazon

Kylearan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I JUST bought one of these for my nephew, and while it came with no box or instructions, it arrived complete with GBA Cart Slot Cover, Stylus and Charger, with both screens utterly flawless and no signs of cracked-hinge syndrome. Was listed as in "Acceptable" condition.

Was in such great shape, I ordered another one for myself.

Again, this is Polar White edition.

Used Linky [Main Product Page at amazon.com]

Great for anyone in the market for a cheap DS, but doesn't want to pay premium for a DSi, DSi XL or upgrade to the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great deal. I got a used DS lite for $70 the end of Feb...it was around this price until the 3DS price drop, I think that the price reduction of the 3DS has forced the DS lite price down...because used 3DS are going for 130.

Thanks OP, I grabbed one for my gf! She likes Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents, so maybe I'll get her some copies for her own.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey this price is great ! If you want a ds for your kid or if you want a cheap one to hold you over till a really good 3ds deal comes out this is good for you[/QUOTE]Heck, I bought a 3DS a couple of weeks ago and I still bit on this deal. I'd rather have a dedicated system for playing DS games than play both DS and 3DS games on my 3DS; I did the same thing back with my original Polar White DS Lite (before I traded it in for the $99 3DS deal at GS), only playing DS games and saving GBA games for my SP. :razz:

[quote name='Vigilante']Heck, I bought a 3DS a couple of weeks ago and I still bit on this deal. I'd rather have a dedicated system for playing DS games than play both DS and 3DS games on a single system; [/QUOTE]

that doesn't really make sense, but okay

Hopefully this (a similar deal) comes back around next week when I have some cash. I need a DS Lite for Pokemon. The GBA slot isn't as important anymore, but now that I started learning how to RNG, the Lite is still necessary.

[quote name='ssjmichael']that doesn't really make sense, but okay[/QUOTE]Let me put it this way: I enjoyed my DS Lite immensely (played it for nearly 6 years), and while it's not bad to play DS games on my 3DS (I shrink the screens for DS games using the held START+SELECT buttons rather than let them stretch out and look slightly blurry), it doesn't really feel the same; I guess you could call me a purist for the DS experience. ^_^;; When I traded in my DS Lite to GS, I decided that I'd keep a lookout for a replacement one on the cheap, and I think this deal satisfies that.

Anyway, I only paid ~$25 for my 3DS (after trading in the DS Lite and using credit), so I think ~$69 for both a 3DS and DS Lite is a pretty awesome deal. :D

[quote name='Gertle627']Hopefully this (a similar deal) comes back around next week when I have some cash. I need a DS Lite for Pokemon. The GBA slot isn't as important anymore, but now that I started learning how to RNG, the Lite is still necessary.[/QUOTE]Sorry to intrude, but could you tell me where you started learning how to RNG? I've always been curious about that aspect of Pokemon, but the sites I've found haven't really had tutorials available, or at least not easily understandable ones.

[quote name='Kylearan']Great for anyone in the market for a cheap DS, but doesn't want to pay premium for a DSi, DSi XL or upgrade to the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

DS Lite's D-pad is 1000x better than the 3DS'. Can't believe Nintendo screwed that up after 2 decades in this business... and they hold the patent to that design. Even the crappy Xbox 360 controller's d-pad is better than the 3DS' and that says something. If the 3DS doesn't have an analog thinggy, the whole system is unplayable.

ARGH, I got an email saying my order was canceled: "Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order: 'Nintendo DS Lite Polar White'".

:wall: This was such a good deal, too... :cry: Hopefully it'll come back.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']DS Lite's D-pad is 1000x better than the 3DS'. Can't believe Nintendo screwed that up after 2 decades in this business... and they hold the patent to that design. Even the crappy Xbox 360 controller's d-pad is better than the 3DS' and that says something. If the 3DS doesn't have an analog thinggy, the whole system is unplayable.[/QUOTE]

^ That and the d-pad is far, far too low on the system to be usable. And I own a 3DS...

I bought one last night, says it's shipping soon so hopefully won't get canceled. I got one cause of the GBA slot. I still play those things. I prefer the horizontal layout like the original GBA over the SP, so might as well spend alittle more and get a DS.

Heck this things the price of a 3DS game and there's still great titles coming to it. Kirby Mass Attack, DQ Monster j2, Prof Layton ect.

yuck.. i can see why people buy used games, but a used system, especially a handheld like this is kinda gross. YOu dont know where the thing has been. Its especially concerning since the ds lites had a lot of problems. Serious crapshoot on the condition/quality of the one you'll get

still 50 bucks is hard to pass up i guess

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I bought one last night, says it's shipping soon so hopefully won't get canceled. I got one cause of the GBA slot. I still play those things. I prefer the horizontal layout like the original GBA over the SP, so might as well spend alittle more and get a DS.

Heck this things the price of a 3DS game and there's still great titles coming to it. Kirby Mass Attack, DQ Monster j2, Prof Layton ect.[/QUOTE]I placed my order at around 4:30am EST, so I find it strange that it was canceled. Out of curiosity, did you place your order earlier than that?

[quote name='Kenshindono']yuck.. i can see why people buy used games, but a used system, especially a handheld like this is kinda gross. YOu dont know where the thing has been. Its especially concerning since the ds lites had a lot of problems. Serious crapshoot on the condition/quality of the one you'll get

still 50 bucks is hard to pass up i guess[/QUOTE]

It's from Amazon Warehouse. Odds are it wouldn't be that used to begin with. Often they're brand new but Amazon puts them in the warehouse because of a damaged box or something.

Plus, a good rub down with some rubbing alcohol should cleanse it just fine. And if it really is in bad shape, well it's from Amazon, you can get a refund

[quote name='Kenshindono']yuck.. i can see why people buy used games, but a used system, especially a handheld like this is kinda gross. YOu dont know where the thing has been. Its especially concerning since the ds lites had a lot of problems. Serious crapshoot on the condition/quality of the one you'll get

I tend to agree on the yuck factor but all the used systems I have bought from warehouse deals have looked as if they were never actually used. This ain't like buying from gamestop.

Glad at least a couple CAGs could jump on this. Gonna switch this to OOS, but fingers crossed that it'll come back in stock. Other colors of the DS Lite were $60+, here's also hoping they drop the prices on those as well.

[quote name='Vigilante']I placed my order at around 4:30am EST, so I find it strange that it was canceled. Out of curiosity, did you place your order earlier than that?[/QUOTE]

Mine was earlier than that but not my much, perhaps a half an hour.

Mine shipped today. I agree with the used handhelds sentiment but odds are these are Amazon products than can't be sold new due to packaging or whathave you.

And for $44 it's gotta be better than my DS. Cracked hinged, wonky R button and a broken power switch so I have to use a screw driver to turn it on.

This really couldn't be farther from what is actually going on with the units from Amazon warehouse. All items sold directly by amazon warehouse are supposed to be customer returns that are graded and resold. These are not customer owned items that are abused by a 13 year old and then traded in like you would find at a gamestop.

Just last week I picked up a PSP graded as "good" from amazon warehouse, when I received the unit it was in absolutely perfect condition. Not one mark, minor or otherwise on the entire unit.

My DS order shipped today so I will gladly update once it is received (9/7).

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's from Amazon Warehouse. Odds are it wouldn't be that used to begin with. Often they're brand new but Amazon puts them in the warehouse because of a damaged box or something.

Plus, a good rub down with some rubbing alcohol should cleanse it just fine. And if it really is in bad shape, well it's from Amazon, you can get a refund[/QUOTE]

[quote name='terb73']This really couldn't be farther from what is actually going on with the units from Amazon warehouse. All items sold directly by amazon warehouse are supposed to be customer returns that are graded and resold. These are not customer owned items that are abused by a 13 year old and then traded in like you would find at a gamestop.

Just last week I picked up a PSP graded as "good" from amazon warehouse, when I received the unit it was in absolutely perfect condition. Not one mark, minor or otherwise on the entire unit.

My DS order shipped today so I will gladly update once it is received (9/7).[/QUOTE]

huh, thats good to know. WHen i think used, i think the garbage you get from Gamestop and stuff like that. Didn't know it was from amazon wharehouse, or what that is. Sounds like they have a pretty good track record here. I'm still not a fan of buying a used system, but sounds like if you have to this is the way to go

In regards to condition questions: I happened to buy a DS Lite (red/black) in 'Like New' condition from Amazon Warehouse last week. It definitely was 'used' because the battery was fully charged and the original owner's name was present on the start up screen -- BUT other than that it could have passed as new. Original box, manuals, extra stylus all still sealed in their plastic baggies.
I really closely examined the screens and booted up both a GBA & DS game to make sure there were no problems. I am totally satisfied.
Plus I never had a problem with any returns. Just be sure you're ordering from Amazon Warehouse (as the seller.)
As a note - this was not a deal because I paid nearly $99 but I could find no new ones except at Toys R Us who wanted too much for shipping (I have Prime.)
Are they going to keep making/selling DS Lites? The GBA slot makes it valuable to me so I may pick up another used one if I can't locate a new one.

[quote name='Vigilante']I placed my order at around 4:30am EST, so I find it strange that it was canceled. Out of curiosity, did you place your order earlier than that?[/QUOTE]my order wasent cancel i make it around 1:10AM

bread's done
Back