One Piece: Kaizoku Musou Confirmed

viiral

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
uns37.jpg

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou will be released for PS3 and developed by the Musou developer Omega Force.

That means... One Piece meets Dynasty Warriors

Last edited by a moderator:
clearer version of that picture

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou

[quote name='Buuhan1']I've wanted a PS3 One Piece game for years.

But not Dynasty Warriors.

you, Japan.[/QUOTE]

i wanted a fighting game. i don't know why they did this to us

Well, well, well... Look who we have here... It's the viiralist. I just can't shake you off my tail, can I?

In any case, when I saw the Namco Bandai x Tecmo Koei teaser page, I was hoping for a... I dunno... Soulcalibur (screw Tekken) Vs. Dead or Alive game, perhaps? I mean, both franchises feature the most endowed female characters in the fighting game genre, so it would've been a perfect combo.

But instead I got... yet another game in a franchise I don't care about based on a property I have no familiarity with aside from the awesome American opening theme. So suffice it so say, I won't be picking this up.

One Piece is the only anime/manga I care about and keep up with. And I love mindless Musou games. This is probably the most perfect game for me. I just hope you can play as Kizaru, that guys a mutha fuckin' pimp

Kizaru4.png

I hate fighting anime games but I love RPG/fighting anime games

I'm surprised there aren't more One Piece games for consoles considering the insane popularity of it in Japan. The one that came out for Wii a few years ago isn't really that good, considering the price it fetches.

I'm not sure what is technically the most popular anime/manga, but from what I could tell from my last visit to Japan a few months ago, One Piece seemed to trump everything. It was everywhere.

Confirmed for a March 1st release, only a few months away. First PS3 import for me. I can't wait.

All PS3s are region unlocked so I can play this one my slim PS3 right?

As of now no word of a NA release. Koei/Tecmo has been great releasing DW games over here, and Namco/Bandai believe it or not has given us a taste of One Piece even though it's not very popular here. So I would put the chance of it coming out here as likely.

If a NA annoucment comes before the Japanese version hits then I'll just wait.

this might be the first kaizoku musou type game I'll play IF and only if I can play as the whole crew, and not just luffy

I would say even if there is no US release, the chance it getting a Europe release is good. Europe is still getting new One Piece games on DS and 3DS

[quote name='Rodimus']One Piece is the only anime/manga I care about and keep up with. And I love mindless Musou games. This is probably the most perfect game for me. I just hope you can play as Kizaru, that guys a mutha fuckin' pimp

Kizaru4.png
[/QUOTE]

truth alot of the animes i used to be in i just stick with the manga for them.
maybe someday they will do an mmorpg with those titles.

[quote name='Gden']this might be the first kaizoku musou type game I'll play IF and only if I can play as the whole crew, and not just luffy[/QUOTE]

According to other sources there are at least 15 playable characters. I for one will get it, though I would've preferred a NUNS like game, with a huge open world. (Like Wind Waker but with way more Islands and adventure.) Oh well take what you can get I suppose when it comes to One Piece, maybe if given enough support, a game more in tune with what I would like to see can come to fruition.

[quote name='Gden']this might be the first kaizoku musou type game I'll play IF and only if I can play as the whole crew, and not just luffy[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt all the members of the Straw Hat crew are playable. I'm concerned about everyone else. I'd love to use Buggy, Bon Clay, Crocodile, and Kizaru. But I have a feeling the roster will be influenced by the latter half of One Piece which means many earlier characters will be passed by.

looks pretty cool. Will have to keep my eye on it. Have you guys played battle arena D.O.N (dragon ball z, one piece, naruto)? It was like smash brothers for PS2 with anime characters. Interesting for a little while but the all japanese text screwed it up for me.

Yeah, I played a little of it. It was okay but I thought it needed a bigger cast. D.O.N. also reminds me of Dream Mix TV world with a bunch of cartoon, toy and video game characters. It wasn't that good but it was kinda cool to see guys like Optimus Prime, Snake, Simon Belmont & Bomberman face off.

Got a great Valentines Day gift, my wife gave me a homemade brownie with a sign sticking in it with the cover art and one word: Reserved. So romantic

Edit - Namco/Bandai registered Pirate Warriors for trademark protection in the U.S. I'd say that's a pretty good sign we'll be getting it here. Also preorders in Japan have reached 500,000.

That's awesome if two things are true. 1) they don't change it's name, because pirate warriors screams "VIDEO GAME RAPE", and 2) they get the funimation voices to do an english version, because the dub is great.

I'm sure they'll dub it, but I would hope they have the option to switch it back to Japanese. I hate to sound like one of "those people" but I've watched the entire series in Japanese and I'm just used to it.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm sure they'll dub it, but I would hope they have the option to switch it back to Japanese. I hate to sound like one of "those people" but I've watched the entire series in Japanese and I'm just used to it.[/QUOTE]

haha, I'm one of those people. If they have japanese audio, it will be awesome. When I first played Valkyria Chronicles, I just played it and it automatically chose english for me. Put it down for like one year and picked it up again and noticed I could change it to japanese audio. Played it straight through and beat that game. It just felt so much more serious. Great game.

I actually cancelled my Amazon order after I heard the U.S. news. I figure it'll be here sometime in the summer. I have too many games to play now anyways, and since Warriors Orcochi 3 is coming out soon I'll enough Musou to keep me button mashing for a while.

Hell yes I cannot wait! Got the Euro version pre-ordered so I can have a disk copy of the game. I'm contemplating also getting the download only US version if a lot of DLC is offered.

I only started watching One Piece earlier this year but holy crap I've been missing out. This anime is too good. Almost caught up with the 560+ episodes. O_O

Hoping that by the time I get my copy of the game I'll be caught up with the series and not have to worry about spoilers.

bread's done
Back