Dragon Age II (PS3/360) $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='forweg']cool, but i picked it up for a slightly better price last night.[/quote]

$0.01? :p

Not a surprising price as it has been this price at Family Video for a month. I agree, not a penny over $14.99.

[quote name='Vap']$0.01? :p[/QUOTE]

What's with all these posts talking about picking up things for .01 yesterday? What did I miss out on?

[quote name='snatcher33']What's with all these posts talking about picking up things for .01 yesterday? What did I miss out on?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering that one too.

[quote name='Rodster']I've read it looks the best on the PC. Haven't bought the game but if I do it will be for the PC. Good price though.[/QUOTE]
There are some games worth playing on PC for the graphics...Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls for example...but DA2 isn't one of them. It really isn't much of an improvement on PC.

I'd make your decision based on which control scheme you prefer.

[quote name='snatcher33']What's with all these posts talking about picking up things for .01 yesterday? What did I miss out on?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FireWarrior']I'm wondering that one too.[/QUOTE]

You guys missed on some pretty good games (bulletstorm, black ops, reach, etc) being sold for one penny by Amazon Warehouse deals. Some people already got theirs shipped.

Yesterday, Amazon Warehouse deals had some glitches where many games were $0.01 with Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, like Dragon Age II, Black Ops, LA Noire, etc.. People hoarded and bought a whole bunch, but many orders have been cancelled. The rest will probably be cancelled within a few days.

and its still not a good deal because its a shit game...

just my opinion dont rage too hard about it.

[quote name='retrad']and its still not a good deal because its a shit game...

just my opinion dont rage too hard about it.[/QUOTE]

A "shit" game was ET for the Atari

Damn is it that bad?? I still have my signature edition unopened. I played the demo and I actually enjoyed its simplicity..

ME2 is much less complicated than ME1 in my opinion but yet its still a good game.
Is DA2 like that? What's "really" wrong with it?

When would the Ultimate Edition come out? March 2012?

The dlc is probably trash like the first game's dlc, but I still want it, just in case. Then I'd have to wait until the ultimate edition drops to maybe $20-$25, which will be a while after the ultimate edition comes out, and maybe it's not worth it. Maybe it'll be $10 on Black Friday.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']When would the Ultimate Edition come out? March 2012?

The dlc is probably trash like the first game's dlc, but I still want it, just in case. Then I'd have to wait until the ultimate edition drops to maybe $20-$25, which will be a while after the ultimate edition comes out, and maybe it's not worth it. Maybe it'll be $10 on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah probablly early next year.

Thats the one Im waiting on. With the exception of mass effect 3 I dont buy bioware games when they come out anymore, bethesda either because they just throw out a bunch of DLC crap soon as the game launches and then put them in a compilation alltogether a little later. I dont support DLC and I also dont support incomplete games, so I just wait for the GOTY/ultimate version and buy that instead.

There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.

Edit: Wasn't AWD, my bad. Still probably better off buying it used.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Cause AWD is offering it for $14, I think. Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.[/QUOTE]

Lul then I guess you will be waiting for a while since it's been over 6 months and we've barely seen any DLC whereas DA:O had that whole cluster.

[quote name='gotdott']Lul then I guess you will be waiting for a while since it's been over 6 months and we've barely seen any DLC whereas DA:O had that whole cluster.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've waited longer for Complete Editions before (I'm looking at you RDR!). Also, I just heard that this game doesn't live up to its predecessor.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.

Edit: Wasn't AWD, my bad. Still probably better off buying it used.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if there's an online pass type thing? There is. It's not good, but at the same time... it's kinda the best thing about DA2. It's just some little bonus store with random, not particularly useful stuff you can buy. But it's got a way to respec characters. And change your appearance. And a bunch of weird little flavor stories that are more interesting than anything else in the game.

Also all the DLC for this game has been awful, there's no reason to pay for it in a collector's edition or w/e.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Are you asking if there's an online pass type thing? There is. It's not good, but at the same time... it's kinda the best thing about DA2. It's just some little bonus store with random, not particularly useful stuff you can buy. But it's got a way to respec characters. And change your appearance. And a bunch of weird little flavor stories that are more interesting than anything else in the game.

Also all the DLC for this game has been awful, there's no reason to pay for it in a collector's edition or w/e.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant, thank you. Filler $10 = Some one-time redeemable bonus offered with new copies, usually sold separately for $10. I'm probably the only one who uses that terminology though.

Is that online pass offered separately? And the heads-up about the DLC is nice, but I'll give the game a year of being out and then assume all the DLC is out. I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']Considering Dragon age 3 is in development, I think it's safe to assume that there will be no more DLC for DA: 2.[/QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true since DA:O had DLC come out while DA2 was in development

[quote name='100xp']once Skyrim comes out, everyting DA should drop across the board.[/QUOTE]

I agree. RPG's nowadays always have those GOTY edition and complete edition. I'll wait for those. I know this is off topic, but that's what I'm going to do when Borderlands 2 come out. Just my opinion.

:whistle2:#[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I agree. RPG's nowadays always have those GOTY edition and complete edition. I'll wait for those. I know this is off topic, but that's what I'm going to do when Borderlands 2 come out. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 hasn't gotten a GOTY edition yet (and may not at this point).

[quote name='nathos']:whistle2:#

Mass Effect 2 hasn't gotten a GOTY edition yet (and may not at this point).[/QUOTE]

I too keep waiting for a GOTY edition for ME2. It really needs one since the DLC is basically story cannon and important for ME3

Honestly crap like that pisses me off. I dont mind side story extra DLC stuff, but if your going to make DLC thats critical to the plot of the game, and will be important in the upcoming sequal, then thats just BS. Thats the kinda stuff that should be in the actual retail game. Bioware has gone way downhill since they got bought by EA

As for this game.. dunno. I never beat 1 because they never patched the damn game. It had some crippling bugs that never got patched for the console version (like the dex bug) so I just gave up partway through. Never gave the 2nd game a chance because of that. Does this game actually work right? Or is it a mess like the first game was?

Even if its a decent game, im not sure if i want it now or want a DLC packed game since i've waited so long

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I agree. RPG's nowadays always have those GOTY edition and complete edition. I'll wait for those. I know this is off topic, but that's what I'm going to do when Borderlands 2 come out. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

totally understandable, though some games I prefer to play on or around release mainly because if a bunch of my friends are going to get Skyrim day 1, I rather not hear them gushing about how great the game is until the GOTY version finally comes out...in which they will probably be playing somethine else. If I keep waiting to get GOTY versions of everything, I'll probably save a couple bucks but forfeit the opportunity to play with my actual friends online.

I don't think I'll get DA2, I haven't finished all the DLC on DA:O yet.

[quote name='nathos']:whistle2:#

Mass Effect 2 hasn't gotten a GOTY edition yet (and may not at this point).[/QUOTE]

Isn't the PS3 version a glorified/prettier GotY edition? I kind of always figured that was why this never happened. ME1 didn't really get one either (unless you're counting the PH version coming with one bit of DLC).

I do wholeheartedly agree with story-necessary DLC being cut out being a pain in the ass, but I guess it's hard to make the DLC have a good story/relevant otherwise.

DA3 already? They either had high sale estimates/hopes for this game, or there wasn't much put into this game to begin with.

I also have not finished DA: O, so much content.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I also have not finished DA: O, so much content.[/QUOTE]What!?!?!? Blasphemy!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']That's what I meant, thank you. Filler $10 = Some one-time redeemable bonus offered with new copies, usually sold separately for $10. I'm probably the only one who uses that terminology though.[/quote]

If you like to make your own character and not use the iconic character the mirror that lets you alter your character's appearance is nice... I used it a hell of a lot and hope a similar feature finds its way into ME3. (Also the bonus store has some nice items in it but like others have said... None of its needed so a used game buyer likely doesn't need to pick it up... but with the price of new being so low I know I would just get it new.)

As for the game being shitty or crappy... Please, people, lets not devalue those words as there are games that do deserve them... but not DAII. DAII is simply a major disappointment but its still one of the better RPGs released in the last few years.

That said I only have the DLC that shipped with my copy... I have no real desire to support a game that reused so many environments it could only be seen as a running joke. (Honesty, I kept waiting for Hawke to mutter, "Haven't we already been here?" only to hear a funny retort from Varric...)

Truth be told, Varric, one of your companions, might be worth 20 bucks by himself... He's one of Bioware's best NPC companions.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Is that online pass offered separately?[/QUOTE]

It is, or at least it's on the XBL marketplace but I don't see why it wouldn't be elsewhere, and its titled 'The Black Emporium'

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM'] It is, or at least it's on the XBL marketplace but I don't see why it wouldn't be elsewhere, and its titled 'The Black Emporium'[/QUOTE]

Lol. I am indeed a blasphemer. Also, that's what I figured. ^ It's 800 points, as expected.

I never called it crappy, you know, and more games need 4th wall jokes like that in the face of their less-polished aspects.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I never called it crappy, you know, and more games need 4th wall jokes like that in the face of their less-polished aspects.[/QUOTE]No you didn't. Sorry, I should have put that part of the post elsewhere as others did...

As for the reused environments and forth wall jokes I don't think Bioware realized just how badly people would react to it... or maybe they did and realized the jokes would likely have only alienated more. (and I get that. The reuse was horrible and made no sense what so ever... It wasn't like ME1* where one could reason, and justifiably so, that the man made objects that were design to keep man alive in environments that should have been fatal would be mass produced and standardized.)

* Note: ME1 had a cave patten that was repeated a bit... but DAII had a cave pattern that repeated 40 plus times in the game. Ridiculous.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Isn't the PS3 version a glorified/prettier GotY edition? I kind of always figured that was why this never happened. ME1 didn't really get one either (unless you're counting the PH version coming with one bit of DLC).
[/QUOTE]

Except the ps3 version doesn't have the save import from ME1... so that doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes no sense to buy the ps3 version if you have a 360 or pc because you should play ME1 first (makes ME2 significantly better), and if you played ME1, why wouldn't you buy ME2 for the same system for the save import?

In all honesty, I don't care if they give ME3 for ps3 out for $5 at launch, I'd rather buy the 360 version for $40 (after $20 credit hopefully)

[quote name='Backlash2332x']Considering Dragon age 3 is in development, I think it's safe to assume that there will be no more DLC for DA: 2.[/QUOTE]
There is still at least one more major story DLC in the works, possibly more, according to Q&A's that Fernando Melo (senior producer of DA2) did last month during GamesCom and PAX Prime. Since they're trying to make these story dlcs more substantial than anything they released for DA:O, they're taking their time and filling in the downtime with fluff like item pack dlcs... One of those got released about a couple of weeks ago :roll:

bread's done
Back