Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGTSQj7WTP4
Warning: Video contains coarse language...thanks to some of the "fanmail" we received from our opponents.

Still going strong! Welcome to the official thread for your...Cheap Azz Wifebeaterz? Huh?

Yes, you read that correctly. For now, the CAG team is going by a new moniker. What may at first appear like a tasteless sentiment is in fact a tasteless joke, in reference to the inclusion of female skaters in this year's game, and the fact that only the "classiest" players online will "utilize" them. More information on how YOU can become a Wifebeater below!

Club History
Building off of more than one year of continuous play, and three years overall, the CAG hockey team has high hopes for its 4th season. After winning its first two championships (back to back) in club history this past season, and placing in the game's highest division multiple times, the team is primed for a dominant run this coming year. Our final record saw us place over 100 games over .500 and we finally pushed our goals for average higher than our goals against average. Yes, we take the game seriously. Why? Because getting your ass kicked just isn't very fun. If you disagree, you're welcome to challenge us at any time.​

profinish.jpg
profinish.jpg
profinish.jpg

Pro Finish - September 2011 / Pro Finish - October 2011 / Pro Finish - November 2011
prochamps.jpg
amateurchamps.jpg
profinish.jpg

Pro Champs - November 2011 / Amateur Champs - December 2011 / Pro Finish - January 2012​

prochamps.jpg

Pro Champs - January 2012​

How We Play
This is a team for people who wish to compete at a high level and learn the correct way to play their position and hockey in general. Your play will be critiqued, and your contributions to the team will be evaluated. This is not to deride anyone for the way they play, but to improve the team and to give us a better chance of winning games and competing for a championship.

If you become a detriment to the team, there is a possiblity you could be cut. Not saying this to scare anybody off...but we're looking for smart, skilled, and committed players.

There are playoffs each month for the three divisions (Amateur, Pro, Elite), and the top five players at their preferred positions (six if we can ever find a reliable/consistent goalie) will be selected for the playoff roster based on statistics compiled during that month. Yes, there is sort of an "established" playoff roster from last year, but no one is untouchable or unwilling to step aside if they are outplayed in a given month. The spots are open for the taking. But it's up to each individual to earn them.

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
We have two official Hockey Nights each week. These fall on Tuesday and Friday, and usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Tuesday and Friday are the definite times you can find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

Webpage
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/502A0001/22905/overview

Sortable Player Stats
*stats for FO%, OFF, Give and Take may be skewed due to the inclusion of drop-in games toward your total
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011/January 2012

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "BTR" or "Wifebeaterz"), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Gaga | Right D |
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Don No Soul Simmons | Left Wing/Center |
#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Anything, but prefer LD/RD
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Domingo Ayala | Left Field (more like left out, m i rite) |
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Elite Banenr | Right Wing/Right Defenseman |
#37 l Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Matt Young l LD, but I'll try any spot
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Pron Banner | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing |
#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | Amatuer Banner | LW |

Inactive Roster (players who have not played in the past four weeks)
#11 | Ltor | Ltor | Vanilla Pudding | LW/C |

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to learn multiple positions to maximize their value to the team and provide us with added flexibility. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

2010-2011 CheapyD All Stars
BACK 2 BACK!

March 2011, April 2011 Amateur Playoff Champions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLJDQV7aD0

2009-2010 CAG Hockey Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgeK5UeVcrY
That's right, folks! It's that time again! Welcome to the official thread for your CheapyD All Stars!

Club History
This will be the team's 3rd season of play, starting with a rollercoaster season in 2008-2009, a rocky start to the 2009-2010 season, but a very strong finish down the stretch that saw the team learn to work together and even eclipse the .500 mark. Looking to continue their progression toward greatness, the 2010-2011 CAG team is sure to be a powerhouse, hopefully having raised some banners by the time the season's over!

*End of Season Note: Mission accomplished! :)

profinish.jpg
elitefinish.jpg
amateurchamps.jpg

Pro Finish - October 2010 / Elite Finish - January 2011 / Amateur Champs - March 2011
amateurchamps.jpg
profinish.jpg
elitefinish.jpg

Amateur Champs - April 2011 / Pro Finish - June 2011 / Elite Finish - July 2011

elitefinish.jpg
top100elite.jpg

Elite Finish - September 2011 / Top 100 Elite Finish - September 2011

Webpage
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/562A0001/6036/overview

Sortable Player Stats
*stats for FO%, OFF, Give and Take may be skewed due to the inclusion of drop-in games toward your total
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Thehornay Butrocketer | Right D |
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Duke Silver | Left Wing/Center |
#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Anything, but prefer LD/RD
#11 | Ltor | Ltor | Vanilla Pudding | LW/C |
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Domingo Ayala | Left Field (more like left out, m i rite) |
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Chesty McHooters | Right Wing/Right Defenseman |
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Harry Chinballs | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing |
#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | Robert Loggia | LW |

Inactive Roster (players who have not played in the past four weeks)
#3 | Pure Apathy | Pure Apathy | Not sure | LW/LD
#5 | azngtlman | MsStinkyBotoms | *undecided* | Anything but Goalie
#6 | adawg555 | BigRedNY | Anthony Martinez | Right Defenseman
#7 | Chubacca | bumonkee | Hau Chu | W/LD
#8 | seasonalbrew | IRON Terps | Bob Woods | D
#9 | striker199 | sTRIKER1999 | Kyle Rivera | LW/RW or whatever is open
#13 | Gillums | Gillums | Jay Gillums | Center/Left Wing
#15 | iamthekiller | emdkay | thatswhat shesaid | Center
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Uno Seis | Right Defenseman
#20 | Wiz2020 | Demeo20 | Mark Demeo | LD or RD
#23 | Droogs | DroogsDontRun | Paul Reubens | Defense
#24 | supra97 | gsxroo7 | Colonel Angus | any position except Goalie
#25 | FrankySox | FrankySox | Michael Scofield | RW
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Filthyqueer Wienerlover | Anything but goalie, really. |
#41 | Panther1484 | ShadyMarino | Shady Marino | LW/G |
#41 | iambeaker | iambeaker | *Undecided...Not Sure | RW or RD
#44 | ajh2298 | ajh2298 | Anthony Handlovitch | Left Wing
#77 | Lokki | Deathtrip07 | Evgeni Crosby | Right Defenseman
#85 | SeanAmI | S3anami | Turtle Power | The Batman Position
#93 | Slickkill77 | NinjaPenguin777 | Alex Foster | Left Defense, Left Wing, Goalie

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to learn multiple positions to maximize their value to the team and provide us with added flexibility. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

2009-2010 CheapyD All Stars
Webpage
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/762A0001/104921/overview

Roster
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Abe Froman | Left Wing/Center
#9 | striker199 | sTRIKER1999 | Kyle Rivera | LW/RW
#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Right Wing/Left Wing
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke | Right Wing/Left Wing
#14 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Trip Inurma | Right Wing
#15 | taloncarde | talonunt | ?? | Right Wing
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Uno Seis | Right Defenseman
#21 | Kazo | SG Kazo | Jay Willis | Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Explosive Diarrhea | Left Defenseman/Goalie/Left Wing
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Chesty McHooters | Right Wing/Right Defenseman
#35 | Magicking610 | Magicking610 | Now on VHS LOST | Left Wing/Goalie/Left Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Cooch Filibuster | Center/Right Wing
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Buster Filicooch | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing

2009-2010 Sex Panthers
caghockeysexpantherssmall.jpg
sexpantherswewineverytime.gif

Meet the Team!
seananayalated.gif
devindinkins.gif

donteffwithchucknorris.gif

Roster
#3 | Pure Apathy | Pure Apathy | Devin Dinkins | L/R Wing. I might try L/R D out too
#7 | Chubacca | bumonkee | Hau Chu | Winger
#8 | neworlbush25 | neworlbush25 | Pete Noto | Right Defense... Or whatever is available
#9 l DestroVega l DestroVega l don't know what name my player will be right now... | LW
#10| Danked | Danked | Asshat Kottke | RW
#13 | Gillums | Gillums | Jay Gillums | C/LW
#17 | Azumangaman | Azumangaman | I'm not sure what my skater name will be. Probably my name like last year | Center
#19 | Albo23 | Legendairy Milk | Legendairy Milk | Right Wing/Defense/Goalie
#23 | Wpark83 | Wpark83 | Vanilla-Face (Fac-Ay) Jordan | Center
#25 | Panther1484 | ShadyMarino | Josh Marino | G/LW
#26 | Mr_hockey66 | Mr hockey66 | Chuck Norris or Petr Venkman | the man who sits in the penalty box
#26 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Clay Wiebe | Wing
#27 | GLOCKGLOCK | DRUNKZ 27 | TBD | LW/RW
#28 | emg28 | emg28 | M. Garcia | Right Wing
#29 | Link127 | Link1207 | Super Kenna | Defense (don't mind Wing)
#35 | FrankySox | Frankysox | Franklin Quincy Sox | Left Wing
#44 | ajh2298 | ajh2298 | Anthony Handlovitch | Left Wing
#45 | AceFan84| Codi Garber | Center/whatever is needed
#51 | fieldkillah | fieldkillah | Matt Rhodes | Defense (L/R doesn't matter)
#69 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Trip Inurma | Whatever, whatever I do what I want
#87 | Handlovitch4487 | Mark331330 | Christopher Handlovitch | Any position
#92 | VipFREAK | Vprfrk | Nick Hirano | Left Defense (Half Back er... Offensive)
#93 | Slickkill77 | NinjaPenguin777 | Alex Foster | Left Defense/Winger/Goalie

Search for "Seckz Panthers" when you're trying to find the club!

2009-2010 Crotch Sharks
caghockeykrotchsharkssmall.jpg

Meet the Team!
youjustgotstamosd2.gif
workingitlohanded.gif

garyrussellstayclassy.gif
mattyounginit-1.gif

towerofpower.gif

Roster
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Russell | Right Defense (or right right)
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke (or maybe Chunky Basty) | Right Wing (or left wing)
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Parent | Right Defensiveman
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Lindsay Lohan | LW/Goal (or anything that isn't on the right side)
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Brandon Craig | Right Wing or Right Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Matt Young | Center/Left & Right Defenseman
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | John Stamos | Center, dabutt...and also I like tennis

Search for "Crohtch Sharks" when you're trying to find the club!

2008-2009 CAG Hockey Team
Active Roster
# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - Center
# 5 Cravin_Taco_Bell (cravintacobell) - Left Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#11 ChunkyB (ChunkyBasty) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#15 taloncarde (Talonunt) - Right Wing
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#21 moojuice (moojuiced) - Goalie
#25 Panther1484 (ShadyMarino) - Left Wing/Goalie
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#38 jello00 (Jello01) - Right Wing
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??

Former Players
#?? Azumangaman (Azumangaman) - ??
# 3 Jlin747 (Jlin747) - Right Wing
# 4 SteveMcQ (SteveMcQ) - Center
# 5 archibishopthedoge (benjabroni) - Left Defensive Defenseman
# 6 RobotChickenMk1 (RobotChickenMk1) - Center
# 7 Costa (Dr Costa) - Center
# 8 icecreamandcows (Abcevan) - Left Wing
#10 danked (Danked) - Right Wing
#12 Jek Porkins (RedSix66) - Right Wing
#17 flybrione (bigmes) - Right Wing
#17 lordwow (Wowous) - Right Defenseman
#20 II ToLmEs II (Tolmes) - Goalie
#21 PenguinoMF (PenguinoMF) - Right Wing
#22 CheapyD (CheapyD) - Center
#23 FriskyTanuki (CrashSpyro) - Left Defenseman
#24 Suraph (Suraph) - Left Wing
#25 Shahan (TMAC Attak1) - Left Wing
#27 GLOCKGLOCK (DRUNKZ 27) - Left Defenseman
#32 Tha Xecutioner (xThaXecutionerx) - Center
#33 Gillums (Gillums) - Center
#35 FrankySox (FrankySox) - Right Wing
#44 ajh2298 (ajh2298) - Left Wing
#45 cgarb84 (AceFan84) - Left Defenseman
#47 (tootsieroll69) - Left Defenseman
#51 fieldkillah (fieldkillah) - Right Defenseman
#51 Wulfshake (MediocreSellout) - Left Defenseman
#52 nny77713 (GeoGod) - Right Defenseman
#53 ammowasted (ammowasted) - Right Wing
#54 Maynard (MaynardLD50) - Right Wing
#58 neckfurters (Rikson) - Left Defenseman
#66 DJSteel (DJSteel) - Left Defenseman
#69 Kekumba (KeKeKumba) - Left Wing
#76 SVxM (SVxM) - Left Wing
#81 ruffinra (RuffStuff84) - Right Defenseman
#92 VipFREAK (vprfrk) - Right Offensive Defenseman
#93 slickkill77 (NinjaPenguin777) - Goalie
#97 Wolve11 (Wolve11) - Goalie

Coach Alan's Corner

CAG Hockey Breakdown Videos
[quote name='moojuice']I figure this might be beneficial since it's hard to explain this and play at the same time:[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH_FxJ-wR_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhjgSl_C3-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6t-dcIXbU

Zone D:
and:
Working the puck out of the corner:
Example of a good breakout play:

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operationsports.com/eashl/forum/showpost.php?p=188081&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21508

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, never realized the old thread hit over 2100 posts!
And just got done watching the vid. Awesome stuff!

Feeling good about 12. Imagine how many clips your gonna have for next years video now that there's a competent replay system.

Nate, for some reason my computer now won't stream to my xbox unless I take off the McAfee firewall. Any idea how to fix that or get the custom music used another way? I never used it before but I probably should be using it.

I have to finish this video later, but the first 7 minutes had me cracking up. I'll be on tonight looking for points 1199 and 1200, who's in?

^Can't make tonight most likely, wish I had closed out NHL on that one high note game but then I had that next brutal one.

Can't wait for '12. I might trade in the game now, but I don't have anything I really want right now, you can trade games in to a Gamestop and just hold onto the store credit right?

[quote name='DestroVega']^Can't make tonight most likely, wish I had closed out NHL on that one high note game but then I had that next brutal one.

Can't wait for '12. I might trade in the game now, but I don't have anything I really want right now, you can trade games in to a Gamestop and just hold onto the store credit right?[/QUOTE]

Yes

That video is pure awesomeness. The winning autotune was awesome I thought. Amazing work Nate! I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol. One more week and we will be rocking our Amatuer cards again and making our way to pro to rule once again. I told you Brandon likes it from behind! :D Gary Gaga out!

Sweet. I am tempted to get another game, Skyrim, Batman, Madden? But I know that I'm getting NHL, MW3 and SSX and I know they will dominate my time.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']That video is pure awesomeness. The winning autotune was awesome I thought. Amazing work Nate! I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol. One more week and we will be rocking our Amatuer cards again and making our way to pro to rule once again. I told you Brandon likes it from behind! :D Gary Gaga out![/QUOTE]

yeah I meant that the song was so terrible it's great. Too bad they didn't add the "winner winner SHEEEEN dinner" line.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']That video is pure awesomeness. The winning autotune was awesome I thought. Amazing work Nate! I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol. One more week and we will be rocking our Amatuer cards again and making our way to pro to rule once again. I told you Brandon likes it from behind! :D Gary Gaga out![/QUOTE]

Ah, dammit, you're right. I thought about that picture once, but then couldn't find it on my hard drive for some reason. I forgot to search more thoroughly after that. Oh well. We'll just say that one was "too hot for TV", haha.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah I thought my "amatuer" clinching board hump would get in there![/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought about that picture then forgot to find it on my hard drive. I guess Rob's sweet loving just wasn't memorable enough. ;)

Luckily, I still had the editing program open, so I just added it (and a few others from the "hockey cards" folder) and I'm re-uploading the video now. I figured something like that would happen. It's tough making a perfect first draft.

As for Gary's post about females being in the game, I don't see how they could do that and still stick to their statements about "player types" actually mattering. All of the females would be drastically underpowered. As much as I would enjoy making myself a hot chick, it just doesn't seem practical, haha.

EDIT - All right, video should be fixed. Now with more humping! :)

[quote name='jza1218']I have to finish this video later, but the first 7 minutes had me cracking up. I'll be on tonight looking for points 1199 and 1200, who's in?[/QUOTE]

I should be on in about 15-20 minutes. Gotta get that top 100 Elite trophy, so I can redo the video again, haha.

Pretty excited to be with the team from the get go, finally. Also, are we going to have some form of tryouts for the goalie spot, to see how effective people are there? I know I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it.

I think everyone can have a shot at it, provided you can play better than the AI goalie.

It's be preferable if we could do tryout games in non-ranked games so we dont get hit too hard stats wise if someone is an "unproven" goalie.

Yeah...so I didn't expect that top 100 thing to happen this fast. But I guess this is what 17-2-1 will get you. We also took some time looking at the overall stats for our team, and we're actually close to the top in a few areas. And for this month, we've been very dominant with our goals for at 3.20 and our goals against at 1.35. Excellent work, guys!
87elite.jpg

moojuice said:
I think everyone can have a shot at it, provided you can play better than the AI goalie.

It's be preferable if we could do tryout games in non-ranked games so we dont get hit too hard stats wise if someone is an "unproven" goalie.
why is everyone looking at me?

[quote name='Ltor']why is everyone looking at me? Your crane style is no match for my spider style![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think what he meant was "everybody...who doesn't suck". See, I know I suck at goalie, and serve the team better at other positions. It shouldn't take people long to figure out whether they suck at it or not. And recognizing that you suck is half the battle. :)

100222-The-More-You-Know.jpg

Dang, a lot of my friends over in the Lands got there copy today and I are jealous of them. Weird that Europe got it early instead of us.

[quote name='Ltor']Anyone else gonna get the ea season ticket? I wanna play this weekend. I'm far too impatient to wait.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Damn, we're down to 95 in Elite now. Looks like we will need to keep winning if we want that top 100 Elite trophy.

Also, first reviews for NHL 12 are looking good. Here's one from Gametrailers.com. They gave it a 9.2 out of 10.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-nhl-12/720222

Video confirms that you can create female players. Just don't know how that's going to work. They'll be fast, but they'll get destroyed down low. I just have a feeling that all of the asshole dangle masters we ran into this year will be female players too. We might as well rename our team the "Wifebeaters" right now, lol.

Wow, I LOVE the improvements to Ultimate Team (24/7 mode). Other people can play against your team when you're not on and you can earn pucks from it. Not sure how that will affect contracts (I can't imagine it using games when you're not actually playing), but it's an interesting idea.

Ehh...looks like the goalie is a little weak on wrap arounds (though he handled one on one chances pretty well). And there's a goal at the very end where the d man is in good position and is even bodying his man, but he still can't stop the cross crease pass or shot. I guess it's never going to be perfect, but it we play defense like we have been this month, we can definitely beat most teams.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn, we're down to 95 in Elite now. Looks like we will need to keep winning if we want that top 100 Elite trophy.

.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll have to keep NHL 11 a little longer.

Here's another review: http://www.gamingexcellence.com/ps3/games/2571/review.shtml

I like this part.
My one biggest gripe in NHL 11 is that I couldn't so much as poke a player without earning a penalty. It was incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to command a nudge or a shove versus a full-on hit. In addition, you couldn't check a player that hadn't actually touched the puck, even if it was between his skates. Playing defense in Be A Pro was infuriating! In NHL 12, the puck no longer seems to be "owned" by a player, instead often drifting away from the player's control if their stick is priming a slap shot for too long, of they're being too fancy with the deking. Whether because of referee AI tuning or better hitting assist, both of NHL 11's issues appear to have largely gone away, greatly improving the realism of defensive play.

I checked earlier tonight and we were 108. So we dropped 20 spots in one day. We will have to play probably every few days to keep in the top 100.

^ crazy shit. I've thought a lot about sports teams and their constant flights and it's surprising that a whole NFL team or MLB team hasn't had something like this happen. Thank god they haven't, but it is pretty amazing.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']A bus crash, heh. No deaths that I read from that article how ever.[/QUOTE]

Nope thankfully, just pointing out that there have been accidents involving Major League teams before. And no, the Orioles don't count as an accident.

[quote name='jza1218']I'll be on tomorrow night. It's strange that all the movement is all down, and none up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well you gotta figure, the only time we move up is when a team ahead of us loses. And considering one of the top teams was sporting a 65-0 record, I can only imagine the amount of douchebaggery going on there.

Finally got a chance to read through the link Rob posted and I gotta say, I really like this review! Guy seems to really know his stuff, versus most reviewers that are like "YOU CAN BE WAYNE GRETZKY!!!!!"

I feel like there are so many things about the changes that will benefit our team (barring EA doesn't just magically "undo" them with a tuner update). The fact that any incidental contact now will affect both skaters (and not just huge ass checks) should make all of us better defenders. I know I have way too many times where I'll just glance off a guy and he'll keep skating like nothing happened. Just that and the "not a magnet" puck should drastically change the way people play online.

It also confirms that when you play other people's teams in the Ultimate Team 24/7 mode, it doesn't count against their player contracts, even though they still earn pucks for those games. So, basically, we could all help each other out playing against each other's teams in single player, and all earn pucks for it. That's pretty awesome. I can't wait till Tuesday!

^Yeah that's a great feature although I usually play online only on HUT.

Probably would make more sense this year though to play against all of our teams instead? Some HUT players play like total dicks.

AI is even worse this year in EASHL from a question thread I read on the ea sports forum. Maybe one of yall can dig it up. The one thing I read that I liked was the new equipment. I hope the M11 helmet made the cut. Just recently bought it and I love it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']AI is even worse this year in EASHL from a question thread I read on the ea sports forum. Maybe one of yall can dig it up. The one thing I read that I liked was the new equipment. I hope the M11 helmet made the cut. Just recently bought it and I love it.[/QUOTE]

That just wouldn't make any sense unless they started from last year's build for each game mode. I would think that at launch, every mode would be tuned the same. It was only after all the patches and tuner sets that Play Now, BAP, Online Ranked, and EASHL became so different. There's no need for them to play differently out of the box.

Not to be a total novice, but what does HUT entail? I know what it stands for, but that's about it, haha.

bread's done
Back