- - - - -

GoHastings.com B1G1 free on all used PS2 titles - valid 9/5 only

#31 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1911 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

Damn, I was so hyped to replace my copy of Persona 3 that got stolen in Korea but it's not in stock. I can't think of anything else to look for now...

#32 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4387 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Initially I thought he was going to close it permanently so I told him I'd create a new one in its place and give him all the credit, etc.. but he took major offense to this saying I'm trying to outshine him and he'd start my thread off with a 1-star rating, etc... (he really trashed the hell out of me tbh). I was only thinking of the community as there'd be a void if no one stepped up to make another. I didn't want the added responsibility of having to manage the thread. Only after an hour of discussion did he mention he'd close it for just a week until things died down rather than permanently

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.

Fuck him, if he's going to close the thread whenever he feels like it without a moderator telling him too, he shouldn't be running it. Stuff like this thread, the other daily deals, and other random deals all should be going in a GoHastings specific thread. Not that it would change my opinion, but he didn't even say that he was only temporarily closing the thread. What are people supposed to do other than create a new thread and move on without him?

So I say go for it, start a new thread, and make it a wiki. The first post in his thread wasn't even very well written or organized. There is/was a lot that can be improved on, so just do it since he's being a baby and taking his ball home because he fucked over some buddy at GoHastings online department.

#33 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4387 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Why do we need a specific thread for every Hastings deal anyway? Why not just post new threads for each deal like we do for every other retailer?

Because GoHastings usually runs many deals in a row, but the essence of most deals isn't really different. Its always some kind of % off, B2G1, or free shipping, with now the new addition of "daily deals." Plus GoHastings has every day good prices on somethings even with individual shipping charges. I don't really see this being any different than the Amazon Warehouse or Target Clearance threads.

With every GoHastings promotion, the same exact questions pop up every time:
Why is shipping so high?
Do games come complete / what condition do they come in?
How long does it take them to ship?
OMG they raised prices prior to the sale! (They don't.)
Whats the difference between used and previously viewed?
How do I contact customer service?
How do they handle returns?
Are the prices the same in store?

etc etc etc.

Its just easier if there is one informative OP with the current sale/coupon code and a FAQ with clear answers to all of those questions.

#34 AnubisRW   You took too long....now your candy's gone... CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

AnubisRW

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...

Ughh...I was on the site around 3pm and had Stella Deus in my cart...when I finally went to put in my credit card info they were out of stock...hope you enjoy my game... :)

#35 cat_tango   I love Atlus! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

cat_tango

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Because GoHastings usually runs many deals in a row, but the essence of most deals isn't really different. Its always some kind of % off, B2G1, or free shipping, with now the new addition of "daily deals." Plus GoHastings has every day good prices on somethings even with individual shipping charges. I don't really see this being any different than the Amazon Warehouse or Target Clearance threads.

With every GoHastings promotion, the same exact questions pop up every time:
Why is shipping so high?
Do games come complete / what condition do they come in?
How long does it take them to ship?
OMG they raised prices prior to the sale! (They don't.)
Whats the difference between used and previously viewed?
How do I contact customer service?
How do they handle returns?
Are the prices the same in store?

etc etc etc.

Its just easier if there is one informative OP with the current sale/coupon code and a FAQ with clear answers to all of those questions.

Yeah, that WAS nice when there was an actual Hastings thread. Why don't you start a new one?

#36 loomis1975   Cell Block CAG CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

loomis1975

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

Now deal of the day is used Homefront PS3/360 19.99.

#37 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Got the last of my PS2 games from Hastings today. All 6 were in absolutely mint condition, all with manuals and original cases. Not a single surface scratch to be seen - impressive for such old games. Very happy with this sale, and with Hastings.