GoHastings.com B1G1 free on all used PS2 titles - valid 9/5 only

cat_tango

CAGiversary!
Hastings posted a buy 1, get 1 free used PS2 games deal on their Facebook page that's only valid today, 9/5. Still have to pay shipping. It's online only, and a limit of 2 per cart. Here's the text from their post:

Today's Video Game Daily Deal: Buy 1 Get 1 Free PS2 Games on goHastings.com with promo code: BOGOPS2. Online Only - Limit 2 of one title per cart. Valid today only!

Link: http://www.gohastings.com/department/GAME.uts

I got Gradius V and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 for $28 shipped. Couldn't believe they were in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV. Everything I've ever bought from Hastings online has been complete, sometimes still new and sealed. This is from 20-30 different titles I've purchased. Other people, especially with very popular titles, end up with generic cases or missing manuals.

I rolled the dice on this. Hopefully enough of them complete complete and in good condition to justify the purchase. I got for $29 shipped:

Final Fantasy X-2
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Drakengard
Demon Stone
Red Faction II

[quote name='illennium']I rolled the dice on this. Hopefully enough of them complete complete and in good condition to justify the purchase. I got for $29 shipped:

Final Fantasy X-2
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Drakengard
Demon Stone
Red Faction II

By the way, the 2-free-game limit is not being enforced in the cart.[/QUOTE]

I believe the limit was on a specific game. You couldn't get more than 2 of the same title.

[quote name='cat_tango']YMMV. Everything I've ever bought from Hastings online has been complete, sometimes still new and sealed. This is from 20-30 different titles I've purchased. Other people, especially with very popular titles, end up with generic cases or missing manuals.[/QUOTE]

I think he's meaning more for the fact that it's PS2 games not in general.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I believe the limit was on a specific game. You couldn't get more than 2 of the same title.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, I realized that when I saw the actual banner text on the site. It wasn't clear from the OP.

Only thing I wanted was Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and it sold out while I was browsing for something to be free with it. Oh well.

Radiata Stories is well worth it, solid game and the battle system is a nice change from the standard JRPG flair.

Looks like this works on systems as well. I've been looking for a cheap PS2 slim for a while now.

It brings it to about $40 each, which isn't drastically cheaper than most prices (usually $50-$60), but it's still a good deal.

[quote name='UJam']Only thing I wanted was Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and it sold out while I was browsing for something to be free with it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Makes me wish there was KH collection on :ps3: :\

This doesn't work for me on games rated M, it says "This item is only available for purchase by customers age 17 and older." I'm obviously older than that, it will let me place the order, but won't apply the discount, only works for non M games. Anyone know how to fix this?

[quote name='spcheap']Theres a box to check to say that you are 17 and over on the shopping cart screen.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I saw the box before, but couldn't get it to work for some reason, I was probably just being stupid, its working fine now.

[quote name='exaznkid']shipping sorta kills the deal for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah...that's the problem with these sales. I had four games in my cart for $11.96, and shipping was $9.10. Seeing shipping equate to almost half of my order total just gets me down. =\

By the way, wasn't there a goHastings deal thread? Did someone get all pissy and close it? lol

(Wow, they actually did... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281156)

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']Yeah...that's the problem with these sales. I had four games in my cart for $11.96, and shipping was $9.10. Seeing shipping equate to almost half of my order total just gets me down. =\

By the way, wasn't there a goHastings deal thread? Did someone get all pissy and close it? lol

(Wow, they actually did... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281156)[/QUOTE]
wow $9 to ship four games? I thought the reason i was charged $5 was that it was their standard shipping price, apparently GoHastings has never heard of Parcel Post.

you should update the OP to say this is for used games only. I thought this was a good deal till i went to the link and noticed that it was used only. Pass

The Warriors for $5 is a good deal if you can find another game to pair it with.

I'm passing, partly because the other games I was wavering on sold out, and partly because part of my previous order still isn't here and I'm waiting to find out if I should be angry about that.

[quote name='Blade']Yeah...that's the problem with these sales. I had four games in my cart for $11.96, and shipping was $9.10. Seeing shipping equate to almost half of my order total just gets me down. =\

(Wow, they actually did... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281156)

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...[/QUOTE]

Yes the OP of that thread decided to close it because I confronted him about why Hastings sale was different from what he originally wrote (see my last few posts in the thread). I assumed he had some sort of inside source which led to PM's by him threatening me to delete my last 3 posts, as he was in the process of deleting all evidence that advertised the different offer and went as far as denying they even existed. I refused to support this blatant cover-up so he locked the entire thread.

We went back and forth through PM's, He said he won't open that thread till a week later once "it all dies down". He apparently feared backlash from a Hastings rep, and from other CAG's for the change. I reassured him nothing huge would be made of it, afterall it wasn't his fault, and shit does happen.

I then figured this was all silly, decided to be the bigger man, and said fine I'll delete my posts once he re-opens the thread (the only way I could delete them). I sent the request twice 3 or 4 days ago asking him to re-open the thread so I can delete my posts and no response whatsoever. Thus he is intentionally keeping the thread closed out of spite despite my attempt to resolve the matter.........

Normally I'd keep all of this private, but the fact that he behaved this way in the end makes me want to be completely transparent about how the OP of that thread behaved towards this entire community here.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes the OP of that thread decided to close it because I confronted him about why Hastings sale was different from what he originally wrote (see my last few posts in the thread). I assumed he had some sort of inside source which led to PM's by him threatening me to delete my last 3 posts, as he was in the process of deleting all evidence that advertised the different offer and went as far as denying they even existed. I refused to support this blatant cover-up so he locked the entire thread.

We went back and forth through PM's, He said he won't open that thread till a week later once "it all dies down". He apparently feared backlash from a Hastings rep, and from other CAG's for the change. I reassured him nothing huge would be made of it, afterall it wasn't his fault, and shit does happen.

I then figured this was all silly, decided to be the bigger man, and said fine I'll delete my posts once he re-opens the thread (the only way I could delete them). I sent the request twice 3 or 4 days ago asking him to re-open the thread so I can delete my posts and no response whatsoever. Thus he is intentionally keeping the thread closed out of spite despite my attempt to resolve the matter.........

Normally I'd keep all of this private, but the fact that he behaved this way in the end makes me want to be completely transparent about how the OP of that thread behaved towards this entire community here.[/QUOTE]

Fascinating stuff. Someone else should just start a new, permanent GH thread that can't be closed in a tizzy (except by CAG moderators) if that guy is going to post stuff too early and potentially fuck over his inside sources unintentionally.

[quote name='kodave']Fascinating stuff. Someone else should just start a new, permanent GH thread that can't be closed in a tizzy (except by CAG moderators) if that guy is going to post stuff too early and potentially fuck over his inside sources unintentionally.[/QUOTE]

Initially I thought he was going to close it permanently so I told him I'd create a new one in its place and give him all the credit, etc.. but he took major offense to this saying I'm trying to outshine him and he'd start my thread off with a 1-star rating, etc... (he really trashed the hell out of me tbh). I was only thinking of the community as there'd be a void if no one stepped up to make another. I didn't want the added responsibility of having to manage the thread. Only after an hour of discussion did he mention he'd close it for just a week until things died down rather than permanently

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what happened to that deal and the thread. That is rather extreme to close the thread unless he works for hastings.

Why do we need a specific thread for every Hastings deal anyway? Why not just post new threads for each deal like we do for every other retailer?

Damn, I was so hyped to replace my copy of Persona 3 that got stolen in Korea but it's not in stock. I can't think of anything else to look for now...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Initially I thought he was going to close it permanently so I told him I'd create a new one in its place and give him all the credit, etc.. but he took major offense to this saying I'm trying to outshine him and he'd start my thread off with a 1-star rating, etc... (he really trashed the hell out of me tbh). I was only thinking of the community as there'd be a void if no one stepped up to make another. I didn't want the added responsibility of having to manage the thread. Only after an hour of discussion did he mention he'd close it for just a week until things died down rather than permanently

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.[/QUOTE]

fuck him, if he's going to close the thread whenever he feels like it without a moderator telling him too, he shouldn't be running it. Stuff like this thread, the other daily deals, and other random deals all should be going in a GoHastings specific thread. Not that it would change my opinion, but he didn't even say that he was only temporarily closing the thread. What are people supposed to do other than create a new thread and move on without him?

So I say go for it, start a new thread, and make it a wiki. The first post in his thread wasn't even very well written or organized. There is/was a lot that can be improved on, so just do it since he's being a baby and taking his ball home because he fucked over some buddy at GoHastings online department.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Why do we need a specific thread for every Hastings deal anyway? Why not just post new threads for each deal like we do for every other retailer?[/QUOTE]

Because GoHastings usually runs many deals in a row, but the essence of most deals isn't really different. Its always some kind of % off, B2G1, or free shipping, with now the new addition of "daily deals." Plus GoHastings has every day good prices on somethings even with individual shipping charges. I don't really see this being any different than the Amazon Warehouse or Target Clearance threads.

With every GoHastings promotion, the same exact questions pop up every time:
Why is shipping so high?
Do games come complete / what condition do they come in?
How long does it take them to ship?
OMG they raised prices prior to the sale! (They don't.)
Whats the difference between used and previously viewed?
How do I contact customer service?
How do they handle returns?
Are the prices the same in store?

etc etc etc.

Its just easier if there is one informative OP with the current sale/coupon code and a FAQ with clear answers to all of those questions.

[quote name='Blade']

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...[/QUOTE]

Ughh...I was on the site around 3pm and had Stella Deus in my cart...when I finally went to put in my credit card info they were out of stock...hope you enjoy my game... :)

[quote name='kodave']Because GoHastings usually runs many deals in a row, but the essence of most deals isn't really different. Its always some kind of % off, B2G1, or free shipping, with now the new addition of "daily deals." Plus GoHastings has every day good prices on somethings even with individual shipping charges. I don't really see this being any different than the Amazon Warehouse or Target Clearance threads.

Why is shipping so high?

etc etc etc.

Its just easier if there is one informative OP with the current sale/coupon code and a FAQ with clear answers to all of those questions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that WAS nice when there was an actual Hastings thread. Why don't you start a new one?

[quote name='kodave']Because GoHastings usually runs many deals in a row, but the essence of most deals isn't really different. Its always some kind of % off, B2G1, or free shipping, with now the new addition of "daily deals." Plus GoHastings has every day good prices on somethings even with individual shipping charges. I don't really see this being any different than the Amazon Warehouse or Target Clearance threads.

Why is shipping so high?

etc etc etc.

Its just easier if there is one informative OP with the current sale/coupon code and a FAQ with clear answers to all of those questions.[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't matter if there was a super informative OP or not, since most people apparently don't read those anyway and just re-ask the questions covered in threads with such a FAQ right in the OP.:whistle2:# Even if you put the bullet points of a deal in flashing text in size 7, they will completely ignore it and just ask a question 90 times till someone relents and answers it rather than take the five minutes to read an OP.

People are far too spoiled on here with Amazon's Prime shipping and/or free saver shipping from many other stores that have an online presence(Gamestop, TRU, etc), so when they see a $2.50 charge PER item it's a big deal to them. They don't take the time to consider that GH doesn't have some central warehouse to ship out stuff from and that these items are coming from seperate stores in many cases, just that they got charged for shipping.:roll:

Got the last of my PS2 games from Hastings today. All 6 were in absolutely mint condition, all with manuals and original cases. Not a single surface scratch to be seen - impressive for such old games. Very happy with this sale, and with Hastings.

bread's done
Back