Amazon Warehouse Deals -- Penny Deals Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Please post all info, order updates, etc. to your penny deal orders in this thread.

Feel free to post pictures of what you have received.

Please no flaming.

Got my first shipment in today, on tuesday september 6th. Here is shipment #1, which cost a total of 17 pennies. For those who want to complain about me getting multiple copies, feel free, but i'm giving these away to friends for free.

20110906165724993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My order has left Kentucky this morning. Back to Amazon Warehouse or to Colorado? I'll have no idea until tomorrow. Still expecting the worse though.

All my orders finally switched to shipped today. They claim they will be here tomorrow but we shall see.

Edit: nvm it says the 8th not 7th, so still a couple days till i'll know.

The shipping info for all of my games except two updated as having left Indiana, the last two show as not having been picked up by UPS yet. Amazon says all will be here by the 8th.

Is it bad out of all the games listed for a penny, Portal 2 is the only game I want to play? (Already played LA Noire)

Also, with Crysis 2, I guess it would be random to get the Limited Edition cover vs regular cover?

[quote name='poker360']

Got my first shipment in today, on tuesday september 6th. Here is shipment #1, which cost a total of 17 pennies. For those who want to complain about me getting multiple copies, feel free, but i'm giving these away to friends for free.

20110906165724993.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I rarely get jealous of people scoring awesome deals. Usually, im quite happy for them. But this...this is just too much for me to handle *wipes tear from eye*. That being said my killzone 3 order is still stuck in whitestown. I have a feeling amazon might intercept it :cry:.

First, huge thanks to Poker and Donkey for making this thing happen! It looks like Poker is the biggest winner so far!

But this one goes out especially to all the ~haterz~ out there, and most especially those who wished physical harm upon my personage:

scaled.php

scaled.php

[quote name='poker360']Please post all info, order updates, etc. to your penny deal orders in this thread.

Feel free to post pictures of what you have received.

Please no flaming.

20110906165724993.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice score....

I really wanted Portal 2 and KZ3 but will pick those up soon!

If anyone realizes they have a spare Portal 2 or LA Noire (PS3 versions) and would be willing to part with one (to send to me), please let me know!

And after much despair, finally got an update on my shipping (UPS finally updated with it moving)! Get my order tomorrow. /excitement

If my delivery makes it to me *knock on wood*, I will have 1x :360: Crysis 2 and 1x :360: Bulletstorm. I would be willing to trade for :ps3: games (LA Noir, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Dragon Age 2).

[quote name='animemaniac14']poker what else is still on it's way to you?[/QUOTE]

I think if i tell you, i will be hated on cag for the rest of my life.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Now i'm intrigued....[/QUOTE]

Since this is the bragging rights forum....

For now, i'll at least tell you i probably got more out of this than anyone else on CAG.
I also have to assume, given the opportunity, any other person would have done the same thing, whether they are willing to openly admit it or not.

[quote name='poker360']Since this is the bragging rights forum....

For now, i'll at least tell you i probably got more out of this than anyone else on CAG.
I also have to assume, given the opportunity, any other person would have done the same thing, whether they are willing to openly admit it or not.[/QUOTE]

Damn :(

There is nothing wrong with it. I just wish my orders that were cancelled came through! I really wanted Portal 2 and Killzone 3. Oh well!

If anyone has any extra copied of Killzone 3, Brotherhood, Black Ops, and Crysis 2 I would buy for reasonable prices, if not that's fine too.

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Eh, why not.

Fine, here is what's coming in tomorrows shipment.

Shipment 2:

5x Crysis 2 (360)
1x Madden NFL 11 (360)
1x LA Noire (PS3).

.. and..

18x Fallout New Vegas

There it is. Eat me alive... But you have to understand i had no reason to believe when i placed this order that i'd actually be receiving it, and i'm sure if you could get 18 copies of a game for that price, you would. Besides, i'll probably just hand out them to people at my college anyway.

I also have to assume, given the opportunity, any other person would have done the same thing, whether they are willing to openly admit it or not.[/QUOTE]

Well, the only thing I got in on multiples of is Madden 2011 (last year's) on X360...but I did maximize the number of copies just to see how many there were in stock, and placed the order just for shits and giggles...and the order did go through. Still saying it's shipped with delivery estimate for the 9th. Just going to get credit for them here and there before they plummet further in value.

Poker, are all the games the typical amazon re-seal? I.e. do they have the stickers with the custom UPC codes, name of game and condition under the plastic wrap?

[quote name='poker360']Eh, why not.

Shipment 2:

5x Crysis 2 (360)
1x Madden NFL 11 (360)
1x LA Noire (PS3).

.. and..

18x Fallout New Vegas

There it is. Eat me alive... But you have to understand i had no reason to believe when i placed this order that i'd actually be receiving it, and i'm sure if you could get 18 copies of a game for that price, you would. Besides, i'll probably just hand out them to people at my college anyway. [/QUOTE]

Good for you. You've hooked many people up via the AWD thread including me. Only reason anyone would have a problem with it is because of bitter jealousy. As you said, whether they would admit it or not, virtually everyone here would have done the same. Hell, the first thing I did when I got a penny game in my cart after quickly ordering was to go back, edit the quantity to 999 and see how many more I could order, then place the order if still possible/available.

What was the deal with these deals? I missed it when it happened... Did they just mess up the price? And are these new or opened?

[quote name='karkyco']Well, the only thing I got in on is Madden 2011 (last year's) on X360...but I did maximize the number of copies just to see how many there were in stock, and the order did go through. Still shipped with delivery estimate for the 9th.

Poker, are all the games the typical amazon re-seal? I.e. do they have the stickers with the custom UPC codes, name of game and condition under the plastic wrap?[/QUOTE]

Every game i received today had the amazon warehouse deals sticker over the upc codes, under the plastic wrap. Every game was re sealed

[quote name='karkyco']Well, the only thing I got in on multiples of is Madden 2011 (last year's) on X360...but I did maximize the number of copies just to see how many there were in stock, and placed the order just for shits and giggles...and the order did go through. Still saying it's shipped with delivery estimate for the 9th. Just going to get credit for them here and there before they plummet further in value.

Poker, are all the games the typical amazon re-seal? I.e. do they have the stickers with the custom UPC codes, name of game and condition under the plastic wrap?

Good for you. You've hooked many people up via the AWD thread including me. Only reason anyone would have a problem with it is because of bitter jealousy. As you said, whether they would admit it or not, virtually everyone here would have done the same. Hell, the first thing I did when I got a penny game in my cart after quickly ordering was to go back, edit the quantity to 999 and see how many more I could order, then place the order if still possible/available.[/QUOTE]

How many is multiple? haha

[quote name='therocky2']What was the deal with these deals? I missed it when it happened... Did they just mess up the price? And are these new or opened?[/QUOTE]

Someone at amazon dun goofed this past Saturday afternoon, and various recent release games were dropped to a penny on amazon warehouse deals. As new copies would come in, they would be priced at a penny.

All the games were "Used - Like New" condition and while many of the orders were cancelled, some unknown few number as of yet have slipped through the cracks and actually shipped/cost a penny a game.

Shipment 2:

5x Crysis 2 (360)
1x Madden NFL 11 (360)
1x LA Noire (PS3).

.. and..

18x Fallout New Vegas

There it is. Eat me alive... But you have to understand i had no reason to believe when i placed this order that i'd actually be receiving it, and i'm sure if you could get 18 copies of a game for that price, you would. Besides, i'll probably just hand out them to people at my college anyway.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Nice. Is crysis 2 that good?

[quote name='slowdive21']So why did jcwkings get banned? Wasn't he just giving verification that he received the games or did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

From my understanding, he posted a picture saying "U MAD BRO?" or something like that and got temp banned.. I could be wrong though.

I miss this deal.

I think Amazon won the best Customer service award of the year honoring this deal.

Congrats to everyone that got this.

"Stop hatin"

Not hatin, but just sayin, maybe the reason some of our orders were cancelled is because of the multiple copy orders. There was probably 4 or 5 people buying the same thing at the same time and they probably fufilled the multiple copy orders and cancelled the individual (maybe to save on shipping).

Just a thought.

In my defense, (A) it is last year's Madden. It's probably lost 75% of whatever value it had left this past couple of weeks alone. Soon to be worth exactly what I paid per copy. (B) I'm so damn far from the main amazon warehouse deals warehouse that it takes those extra days to deliver here to LA and they'll probably stop delivery before it gets here, and (C) It's last year's Madden.

I had it in my cart, I didn't even want it but hey it was a penny, and I thought, why not find out how many copies there are? So I entered 999 and it notified me it couldn't fulfill the order, and adjusted the number to 63. So I placed the order. I figured worst case I'd use some as frisbees, coasters, make a Madden necklace etc. To me it's like when AOL used to send out those fucking CDs...

[quote name='slowdive21']Not hatin, but just sayin, maybe the reason some of our orders were cancelled is because of the multiple copy orders. There was probably 4 or 5 people buying the same thing at the same time and they probably fufilled the multiple copy orders and cancelled the individual (maybe to save on shipping).

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

@ slowdive21- I wasnt talking about u. I was talking to the people that complain. I think the reason why people are hatin cause others had like xx amount of the same copy while some others 1 order was cancel. I look at it as, "hey, i missed a deal." Oh well. Good luck to the next person." Deals come and go and its not the end of the world. Maybe some CAG here can sell it cheaper here to help follow CAG out, but dont have to.

U right about the reason why some orders were canceled. Im just shocked that Amazon would let this pass. Most of the time they would cancel the order.

How are you guys able to get your games today already, $3.99 1 day ship? I used Prime 2 day shipping and they won't be delivered till 9/7.

[quote name='karkyco']In my defense, (A) it is last year's Madden. It's probably lost 75% of whatever value it had left this past couple of weeks alone. Soon to be worth exactly what I paid per copy. (B) I'm so damn far from the main amazon warehouse deals warehouse that it takes those extra days to deliver here to LA and they'll probably stop delivery before it gets here, and (C) It's last year's Madden.

I had it in my cart, I didn't even want it but hey it was a penny, and I thought, why not find out how many copies there are? So I entered 999 and it notified me it couldn't fulfill the order, and adjusted the number to 63. So I placed the order. I figured worst case I'd use some as frisbees, coasters, make a Madden necklace etc. To me it's like when AOL used to send out those fucking CDs...[/QUOTE]
LOL. U right. Madden games do drop in price every year. Now u have 63 replacement cases :D

I got 37 games total between systems and titles. no more than 3 of anything. you over that number?

[quote name='The Punisher']I look at it as, "hey, i missed a deal." Oh well. Good luck to the next person." Deals come and go and its not the end of the world. Maybe some CAG here can sell it cheaper here to help follow CAG out, but dont have to.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I look at it. It may not be a penny, but I'll eventually get some of the games listed at a price I would pay for it and be happy with it.

[quote name='Ramandur']I got 37 games total between systems and titles. no more than 3 of anything. you over that number?[/QUOTE]

he already gave his total on the last page

Shipment 2:

5x Crysis 2 (360)
1x Madden NFL 11 (360)
1x LA Noire (PS3).

.. and..

18x Fallout New Vegas

There it is. Eat me alive... But you have to understand i had no reason to believe when i placed this order that i'd actually be receiving it, and i'm sure if you could get 18 copies of a game for that price, you would. Besides, i'll probably just hand out them to people at my college anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why hand them out when I'll give you a $25 Amazon code for Crysis, Dead Space 2 and/or Black Ops?

Ordered one copy of LA Noire, received today
imag0075b.jpg

[quote name='tepro']How are you guys able to get your games today already, $3.99 1 day ship? I used Prime 2 day shipping and they won't be delivered till 9/7.[/QUOTE]
I used 2 day as well, I just wasn't too far from the shipping facility.

So did Amazon let these through? Will they recall shipments? What do you guys truly think happened here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back