[Dead] Brink - NEW - (PS3 or Xbox 360) - $12.27 Shipped @GoHastings

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Brink is back........... again.

GoHastings.com has new copies of Brink for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $9.99. Shipping is $2.28.

Edit: Dead as of 4PM on 9/9. Price for both is back up to $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
what does this game play like? I think I'll save this $12 and put it towards D. EX HR for $35 this wk

[quote name='IanKazimer']That's a good choice, CaoPi.[/QUOTE]

I heard the online is dead for this one, I'm not much of a FPS fan ;)

not much of a multiplayer type gamer lately, but i tried this game on Steam when it was a free weekend and I had no idea what was going on =]

If you are a trophy/achievement hunter, I'd recommend it for this price. I paid $20 and got a few weeks of fun out of it. There's not much incentive to keep playing once you get 100%, but it's fun enough. It's not a bad game. It's just that nobody plays it. But you can still get all the trophies playing against bots and have some fun while doing it.

So glad I paid MSRP for this giant Turd /sarcasm

That said it is worth it at this price. It should have come out with an MSRP of at least $40

I got the full 1250/1250 in pretty much 2 sessions. So easy achievements in this one.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']So glad I paid MSRP for this giant Turd /sarcasm

That said it is worth it at this price. It should have come out with an MSRP of at least $40

I got the full 1250/1250 in pretty much 2 sessions. So easy achievements in this one.[/QUOTE]

meh, achievements/trophies, something I never buy games for

I'd consider picking it up if there were not some huge games coming around the corner.
I enjoyed playing it as a rental when it first came out but I'm not sure the community is going to be there with such huge MP games coming up.

I bought it for full price on the PC. It is honestly the worst gaming purchase I have EVER made in my existence on this planet.

[quote name='Geello']I bought it for full price on the PC. It is honestly the worst gaming purchase I have EVER made in my existence on this planet.[/QUOTE]

Take it you weren't around for E.T.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Take it you weren't around for E.T.[/QUOTE]

I had it as a kid, but technically I didn't purchase it! :)

I still think firing up an Atari emulator, turning E.T. on, and then hitting myself in the nuts with a nailboard would be more enjoyable than Brink.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Take it you weren't around for E.T.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of atari games I remember being fun/good and playing them again I cannot see what I enjoyed about some of those games. i really want to try spiderman out again. I remember really digging that title on the atari. With the different levels being different color buildings and green goblin flying back and forth. good times.

anyway. THanks OP. Not sure if I should bite at 12 or wait for even a lower price? 6 dollars within the year, how likely?

I've been interested in this game since it was announced.. With FIFA 12 and Skyrim around the corner, not to mention BF3, MW3, and Saints Row 3, I still can't justify it at this price point.

I grabbed this one for twelve smackaroos when it was on sale used on Amazon - five minutes into it, I couldn't really drive myself to do much with it. It's purely a competitive FPS, much like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. Which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing, but as said, there's no community to play with, at least on consoles (360, in particular). The game more or less depends on you to sit through the rather lengthy video tutorial to understand the ins and outs before attempting play.

Even as a 'cheevo whore, I can't bring myself to devote any time to this in consideration of my already-bursting library. This sort of game has been done better before and is being done better even now. It's headed straight to Gamestop next time I feel like unloading games.

I really hope Rage does a better job.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You acually played through sonic the turdchog 06 ? God bless you my friend[/QUOTE]

That game was amazing! The controls, the story, the gameplay!!! Oh, Sonic.

Srsly though, efff that game. It kind of sucks Brink didn't end up being a good game. It had potential.

[quote name='Luxuria']That game was amazing! The controls, the story, the gameplay!!! Oh, Sonic.

Srsly though, efff that game. It kind of sucks Brink didn't end up being a good game. It had potential.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing early videos of Brink and it looked awesome. Once the game came out, different story.

I bit for 12 dollars, Im going into it with low expectations but I need Something to keep me busy until Dark Souls drops....which I'll more than likely go back to Demons Souls after 5 min of this, but 12 dollars nonetheless!

[quote name='hamberger']I grabbed this one for twelve smackaroos when it was on sale used on Amazon - five minutes into it, I couldn't really drive myself to do much with it. It's purely a competitive FPS, much like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. Which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing, but as said, there's no community to play with, at least on consoles (360, in particular). The game more or less depends on you to sit through the rather lengthy video tutorial to understand the ins and outs before attempting play.

Even as a 'cheevo whore, I can't bring myself to devote any time to this in consideration of my already-bursting library. This sort of game has been done better before and is being done better even now. It's headed straight to Gamestop next time I feel like unloading games.

I really hope Rage does a better job.[/QUOTE]

Rage will be infinitely better than Brink because ID is producing the game. Splash Damage dropped the ball with Brink.

The community really is dead for this? For $12 I feel like checking it out but I'm not interested in playing a team game with all bots.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The community really is dead for this? For $12 I feel like checking it out but I'm not interested in playing a team game with all bots.[/QUOTE]

It was dead about 2 weeks ago when I finished up the last of my achievements to get the 1250. I had a buddy that played with me against the bots so it wasn't too bad.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I've been interested in this game since it was announced.. With FIFA 12 and Skyrim around the corner, not to mention BF3, MW3, and Saints Row 3, I still can't justify it at this price point.[/QUOTE]

No. There is NO ONE that can say they can't "justify" it at this price point. Just say that you're going to be busy with upcoming games. Almost any game this generation is going to be worth it at sub 10.00 (not counting shipping) especially considering the turds they try to sell for 15-20 on the live marketplace.

I went ahead and picked it up at this price - thanks OP. I have been interested in this for a while, so am actually looking forward to it.

The game is fun, but you really need to find the right gun and mods to make it really enjoyable. A good number of the weapons are useless and make the game seem horrible. The AI is pretty bad, but the good does outweigh the bad.

I hate games that are MP only. They have no shelf life. Reminds me when I paid 60 bucks for Unreal Championship for PS3, barely played it, and now it is a ghost town online.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You acually played through sonic the turdchog 06 ? God bless you my friend[/QUOTE]
Heck no. I stopped playing less than halfway through. :lol:

bread's done
Back