* * * * - 4 votes

Official CAG Collector's Guide Pre-Order Thread

#991 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14013 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

So is there any update as to when the Ni No Kuni 2 CE guide is supposed to ship? I have tweeted at FuturePress but they did not respond.

Literally the only reason I'm having to hold onto Amazon Prime is b/c I have that as a pending order with the free shipping and if I cancel it's going to cost more since the price has gone up since I ordered.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#992 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14013 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

Has the Ni No Kuni 2 guide been canceled? Now shows as “not yet released” on amazon. That and not existing at Best Buy nor GameStop makes me believe it’s never coming out. And what’s the point if it does months or years after release?

Future Press guides now seem to be Amazon exclusive as the Horizon guide never released outside of Amazon.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#993 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6285 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

I've already eaten crow on this one; I made the mistake of letting past memories of the franchise turn me off to the idea of a fresh new start on top of feeling a little too familiar. That and I typically hate games where you're tethered to an NPC (ICO being the huge exception), but clearly they did something right this time around with that. Now to finish Far Cry. . .

Don't worry, I was in the same boat too. I was burned out by the end of God of War III and thought it was just an okay game. I didn't even play Ascension or whatever the next game was. Wasn't too hype up about this until I started hearing what people reactions were and started seeing the insane graphics.

#994 elessar123  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

I still don't get the comparison to Horizon Zero Dawn, but whatever. I guess I played a different game.

Spoiler

#995 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Still going with my gut instinct that the NNK2 guide isn't going to be released.

#996 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

My god of war guide from gamestop shipped today, and was only charged $19.99 plus tax :D

#997 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

Still going with my gut instinct that the NNK2 guide isn't going to be released.

I feel the same. Was totally bummed that the Niobe guide was scrapped. Would have been a beauty with that title and it’s art style.

#998 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

I feel the same. Was totally bummed that the Niobe guide was scrapped. Would have been a beauty with that title and it’s art style.

I got the game at launch and have yet to even open it. I’m considering statrting it tonight. I waited for two reasons... I don’t trust any game st launch anymore, and NNK2 has had some game breaking bugs that were just fixed. And I’d like to have the hardcover guide to use while playing, just like I did with the original game.

#999 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2368 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted Yesterday, 01:42 AM

I waited 2 weeks after release and then after it got pushed back a month I just played through the game on my own and cancelled the guide. I finished the game and have done probably 95% of the side/post content. I love the game by the way. I've played a ton of JRPG's in my time and this is easily one of my favorites.