Amazon DOTD Radiant Historia for $24.50

Dammit! I mean, awesome, but now I feel like I have to decide between this or Deus Ex at $35. Thanks for posting, though.

[quote name='Vap']Is this a turn based RPG?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've heard a lot of people compare it to Chrono Trigger, if that helps.

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Dammit! I mean, awesome, but now I feel like I have to decide between this or Deus Ex at $35. Thanks for posting, though.

Yes. I've heard a lot of people compare it to Chrono Trigger, if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex will be available years from now. This game will likely be gone for good in 6 months

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Dammit! I mean, awesome, but now I feel like I have to decide between this or Deus Ex at $35. Thanks for posting, though. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, $25 still seems like a lot for a DS game. It it doesn't go out of production/gets another reprint, seems like it should drop further in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i was waiting for it to hit 20 bucks. I have the original launch version, mint and sealed. Wanted one of the reprints to actually open and play but i hasn't been dropping

shoudl i bite at 25 bucks, or do you guys think it will hit 20 or less eventually?

[quote name='Gosha']Any filler ideas to get FSSS?[/QUOTE]

What I'd recommend is that you find a handful of cheap movies,
ones that would like, but don't need right now. Add them to your
cart, and then click "save for later".

Then, when this sort of thing comes up, find one of them, and
you then get free shipping.

:)

[quote name='62t']Deus Ex will be available years from now. This game will likely be gone for good in 6 months[/QUOTE]

how can you even project that? i guess we will see huh?

[quote name='dealighted']how can you even project that? i guess we will see huh?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's approach towards digital distribution doesn't exactly inspire hope. Who knows how long it'll be before we see them get around to selling DS games online. Even then it could a while before RH gets released that way or legal red tape may prevent it from ever being released on Nintendo's e-store.

[quote name='dealighted']how can you even project that? i guess we will see huh?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's approach towards digital distribution doesn't exactly inspire hope. Who knows how long it'll be before we see them get around to selling DS games online. Even then it could a while before RH gets released that way or legal red tape may prevent it from ever being released on Nintendo's e-store.

But you know what they say: never say never.

Hey it makes his copy worth more. Id say that too if I could convince people.

Highly recommended! I bought on release to also have the soundtrack which is great. I love the turn based combat and how you can re-order who goes first (make use of combos) and with enemies on a grid its very unique. I haven't played a game like it before. Don't miss out!

Great game at a great price. This is one of those few games I wish I had gotten ahold of the soundtrack version because the music in this game is excellent.

I can't say enough good things about this game. As someone who was burnt out on JRPG's, this game inspired new hope in the genre. This game makes me think that Square-Enix should be ashamed of themselves for how behind they are. In my opinion (bear in mind that I don't hold nostalgia in high regard) Radiant Historia is heads and shoulders above Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger.

Saying all that about SE, I did recently get TWEWY and hope (as well as expect) that it will be at least half as enjoyable as RH.

Agreed with the above poster. Fantastic game, I just finished it up about a week ago. Can't recommend it enough. I don't regret paying full price for it.

Regarding the availability of this game VS. something like Deus Ex, its just common sense. Deus Ex shipped two million. This game probably shipped somewhere in the vicinity of between 50k - 150k.

Both are worth grabbing, but this one will be harder to find before Deus Ex will.

[quote name='Fodder']Agreed with the above poster. Fantastic game, I just finished it up about a week ago. Can't recommend it enough. I don't regret paying full price for it.

Regarding the availability of this game VS. something like Deus Ex, its just common sense. Deus Ex shipped two million. This game probably shipped somewhere in the vicinity of between 50k - 150k.

Both are worth grabbing, but this one will be harder to find before Deus Ex will.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how you turn a profit only shipping that much...

In my opinion (bear in mind that I don't hold nostalgia in high regard) Radiant Historia is heads and shoulders above Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger.
Well of course it is when you compare games that are a good 15 years apart.

[quote name='iamsmart']Well of course it is when you compare games that are a good 15 years apart.[/QUOTE]

Well many people still claim that those are the pinnacles of the genre. They have been re-released more recently, CT even on the DS. CT holds up pretty well, as far as older games though.

Even though this game really interest me, and it looks like a really good DS RPG...I'm having a really hard time justifying $25 for a DS game when for $10 more I could get Dues Ex.

Urgh, I know it's Atlus, but lately they've been producing a good amount (as in not super rare) of games...so I'll hold out for less or the same price when I dwindle the backlog.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Even though this game really interest me, and it looks like a really good DS RPG...I'm having a really hard time justifying $25 for a DS game when for $10 more I could get Dues Ex.

Urgh, I know it's Atlus, but lately they've been producing a good amount (as in not super rare) of games...so I'll hold out for less or the same price when I dwindle the backlog.[/QUOTE]

You know, i was thinking of waiting for 20 but screw it. Its only about a $5 difference. I'll just get a copy now. I keep hearing great things about this game and dont want to open my sealed 1st print copy.

now to find another item from free shipping.. stupid .50 difference

This is one of my favorite RPGs ever, definitely a top ten for me. I bought it on release and don't regret it.

This is a must play for anyone who likes real RPGs, and not genre bending FPSes.;)

How limited of a run is this? I've got a backlog, and I shouldn't be spending money right now, but I don't want to miss out on this game. If I got this it's just going to sit in my pile for a while. I bought Chrono Trigger DS 13 months ago, and I still haven't started it, so I don't even know how long it will take me to get started on this if I purchase it.

i never got into to ... got it day one played around 5 hours never went back.. someday...

it has some very interesting ideas to the game... would start playing it tonight BUT there is no way i can beat this game in a week (around 2 hours per night =14 hours)

Since next monday getting DQM JOKER 2 and dont feel like having 2 major rpg games going at the same time.

then getting persona 2 for the psp a week later from gamefly

sadly this game has to wait even longer

I tried adding 999 to the cart and it said there were only 994 available. Not sure if that's a sign of how limited they are though. It's possible that once those are gone Amazon will get more in

I'd love to bite on this but between my already massive backlog, school, work, and the upcoming fall/early winter games, I just won't have time to play : /

Deal is still dead, but I finished it last night. Took me about 50 hours to unlock all the event points and beat the game. Played mostly without consulting a guide until the final chapter and I think I had only missed 15 or 20 events (which you can travel back to at any time). Very enjoyable, the grid battle system and the change mechanic keeps the combat from becoming stale, the characters are interesting, and the story is quite good. I love that there are like 20 to 25 alternate bad endings that you can see as you play through the game, you don't have to play through the main quest multiple times to see everything.

Highly recommended if this deal or a similar deal comes along, maybe during Black Friday deals or if you don't want to wait, there's one available from amazon warehouse like new for $25.

bread's done
Back