Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i'd prefer a new thread but im sure a lot of people would also like it to be the same thread.

but while we are on preferences, maybe I can request some steam activatable games to go on sale next week lol.

Huge plus for me that you offered a nice discount on buying the games individually. Picked up a couple of games. Probably wouldn't have gotten anything if only the bundle was a deal.

Nothing interesting me this week, but I like the new section dedicated to PC games for Amazon. I also second some Steam activated games on sale too! Also I tend to buy games individually and not in a bundle unless they are similar games or franchises.

I like the idea of keeping everything in this same thread. That way, I can bookmark it and easily check back every week to see what is new.

Tony, thanks for popping into CAG and taking the time to work with us. I appreciate that Amazon is trying to get the "pulse" of the gaming community in order to understand what we like. Amazon has always given me good service, and I order a lot of game related and non-game related items from you guys. This includes a couple of hundred dollars in just the past week.

Following up on our conversation from the other thread. I downloaded and installed Jagged Alliance 2 to my "Games" directory today and it worked like a charm. Played JA2 for about a half hour on my Windows 7 64-bit OS. Only "crash" occurred when I quit the game. Windows viewed it as a crash, but everything else went fine.

Hey Tony, is I of the Dragon going to be on sale? I remember it being mentioned of few times in the previous thread. I tried looking for it on the Amazon website but it does not seem to be available at all for download.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']Hey Tony, is I of the Dragon going to be on sale? I remember it being mentioned of few times in the previous thread. I tried looking for it on the Amazon website but it does not seem to be available at all for download.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we aren't carrying that title right now. I corrected my original post after the fact. If it becomes available I will definitely drop you a line.

Cheers,
Tony

It might be a long shot but it would be great if you could make some of Stardock's games available. They are responsible for Sins of a solar empire, galactic civilizations, and elemental. They were exclusive on Impulse because they owned the service but since they sold Impulse to Gamestop they might be willing to distribute their games on other services.

Hey Tony, I know you probably can't speak too much about the future, but is the 20% new releases going to be a standard thing for a while? Will we be seeing games like Skyrim or Battlefield 3 getting 20% taken off?

Also, will we be seeing downloadable pre orders? Some games, such as Battlefield 3, have universal pre order bonuses.

[quote name='wageslave']I like the idea of keeping everything in this same thread. That way, I can bookmark it and easily check back every week to see what is new.

Tony, thanks for popping into CAG and taking the time to work with us. I appreciate that Amazon is trying to get the "pulse" of the gaming community in order to understand what we like. Amazon has always given me good service, and I order a lot of game related and non-game related items from you guys. This includes a couple of hundred dollars in just the past week.[/QUOTE]
Second the keeping it all in one thread. :)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Do you plan to make any notations if a title can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good call! Updated :)[/QUOTE]
Considering all of your 20% off deals registers on Steam, is Amazon having an affair with Steam? ;) 'Cause that would be one affair I support. :bouncy:

In all seriousness, thanks for doing so. I'm sure it helps at least a few in deciding.

Lastly: Disciples II for $1.99.. GET ETTT!! GET ETT NAOOO!!
Seriously. If you like turn-based strategy fantasy game, you can't go wrong; especially at that price. :D

[quote name='immanewb']Considering all of your 20% off deals registers on Steam, is Amazon having an affair with Steam? ;) 'Cause that would be one affair I support. :bouncy:

In all seriousness, thanks for doing so. I'm sure it helps at least a few in deciding.

Seriously. If you like turn-based strategy fantasy game, you can't go wrong; especially at that price. :D[/QUOTE]

According to the reviews for disciples II, The software that downloads from amazon is not the entire gold edition. Is this true? or is it fixed yet?

[quote name='mietha']I VERY seriously doubt Sims anything activates on steam. Origin: probably. Steam: um, no.[/QUOTE]

This was an error on my part. Totally apologize and thanks for the catch!

[quote name='immanewb']Considering all of your 20% off deals registers on Steam, is Amazon having an affair with Steam? ;) 'Cause that would be one affair I support. :bouncy:

Seriously. If you like turn-based strategy fantasy game, you can't go wrong; especially at that price. :D[/QUOTE]

The Sims activation was an error in my part, which I just responded to and fixed above, my apologies!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='mietha']I VERY seriously doubt Sims anything activates on steam. Origin: probably. Steam: um, no.[/QUOTE]

Sims 3 base game activates on Origin [bought it on disc at Retail, actually].

I bought Late Night expansion from D2D [for download].
If you try activating Sims 3 expansions on Origin, it tells you Sims 3 expansions do not activate on Origin.
It also tells you that you have to activate Sims 3 expansions on Sims 3 website.

I know, very odd...but that's how it works for Sims 3 game and expansions...

[quote name='MysterD']Sims 3 base game activates on Origin [bought it on disc at Retail, actually].

I bought Late Night expansion from D2D and Origin tells you Sims 3 expansions do not activate on Origin, if you try activating them on Origin.
You have to activate Sims 3 expansions on Sims 3 website.

I know, very odd...but that's how it works for Sims 3 game and expansions...[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the confusion everyone! I've edited the original post.

I don't know how Sims: Medieval base game & their expansions activate, though.
I don't have any of them...yet.

But, I do know how Sims 3 base game + expansions works, from experience.

[quote name='MysterD']I don't know how Sims: Medieval base game & their expansions activate, though.
I don't have any of them...yet.

But, I do know how Sims 3 base game + expansions works, from experience.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I have activated every Sims 3 expansion on Origin, bought from Direct2Drive. Same for Sims Medieval and the expansion to it. Not sure why your experience would be different... Maybe the key is different for the download copy.

Picked up Sacred Gold. At first I thought that these were all real time strategy or turn based strategy games but I am glad I looked closer. I had a hankering for a diablo II style hack and loot fest and Sacred looks like it will hit the spot. Thanks Tony.

[quote name='wageslave']Picked up Sacred Gold. At first I thought that these were all real time strategy or turn based strategy games but I am glad I looked closer. I had a hankering for a diablo II style hack and loot fest and Sacred looks like it will hit the spot. Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I honestly think that game is a sleeper title. I'm going to fire it up tonight and check it out, but it looks interesting.

Have you started playing yet? What do you think?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Do you plan to make any notations if a title can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]
I'm a noob with Steam. What does activating do?

[quote name='juanawoman']I'm a noob with Steam. What does activating do?[/QUOTE]
It puts the game in your Steam library and permanently ties it with your Steam account. It makes it as though you purchased it on that platform.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I honestly think that game is a sleeper title. I'm going to fire it up tonight and check it out, but it looks interesting.

Have you started playing yet? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I played Sacred 1: Gold a while back - yeah, it's good.

But, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is awesome.
Just make sure if you play that, that it's all patched-up.

I wish Sacred 2: Ice & Blood [expansion] got a USA release, but CDV [US Sacred 2 publishing right owners] and Deep Silver [Sacred series IP owner + owned International publishing rights of Sacred 2 series] never came to an agreement to get it released here, since they blocked USA version of FA from working w/ International version of I&B.
Same goes for Sacred 2: Gold [Sacred 2: FA + Ice & Blood], as well - it never got a USA release.
You'd have to Import it, if you could find it.

[quote name='hal']It puts the game in your Steam library and permanently ties it with your Steam account. It makes it as though you purchased it on that platform.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool. Thanks for telling me. :D

Crap... Looks like I missed out on the 2.50 Magica. Was it stated that it was a one day only deal and I missed it?

Yesterday 10Am: wth is this Disciples II? Its an isometric RPG? I could give it a shot for 1.99. How bad could it be

Today 3AM: I HAVE TO RECRUIT MULTIPLE DISPOSABLE LEADERS IN A ROW IN ORDER TO PLOW THE MOVING PARTY AND THE DEFENSIVE PARTY OF THAT LAST CITY. GOOD THING I HAVE 9999 GOLD.

Disciples II is amazing and addictive. Reminds me a lot of civilization 3, and galactic civilization 1 & 2

[quote name='fyrtoes']Yesterday 10Am: wth is this Disciples II? Its an isometric RPG? I could give it a shot for 1.99. How bad could it be

Today 3AM: I HAVE TO RECRUIT MULTIPLE DISPOSABLE LEADERS IN A ROW IN ORDER TO PLOW THE MOVING PARTY AND THE DEFENSIVE PARTY OF THAT LAST CITY. GOOD THING I HAVE 9999 GOLD.

Disciples II is amazing and addictive. Reminds me a lot of civilization 3, and galactic civilization 1 & 2[/QUOTE]

Glad you are loving it :) this community helped build the deal!

[quote name='fyrtoes']According to the reviews for disciples II, The software that downloads from amazon is not the entire gold edition. Is this true? or is it fixed yet?[/QUOTE]

So this question was just ignored? I was wondering the same thing, hesitating because of it.

[quote name='fyrtoes']Yesterday 10Am: wth is this Disciples II? Its an isometric RPG? I could give it a shot for 1.99. How bad could it be

Disciples II is amazing and addictive. Reminds me a lot of civilization 3, and galactic civilization 1 & 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']So this question was just ignored? I was wondering the same thing, hesitating because of it.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, the question was not ignored, I assumed that the endorsement from your fellow CAG above was good.

I just ran down the answer with our QA group, we just downloaded the game and here is the answer:

When you download the game you'll get:

1. The Base Game
2. Dark Prophecy - which is packaged to include the content (read expansions) listed on the page.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if there is still confusion.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My apologies, the question was not ignored, I assumed that the endorsement from your fellow CAG above was good.

I just ran down the answer with our QA group, we just downloaded the game and here is the answer:

When you download the game you'll get:

1. The Base Game
2. Dark Prophecy - which is packaged to include the content (read expansions) listed on the page.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if there is still confusion.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry if that came of as me being an ass, didn't mean it that way at all. I seen that post, but it didn't necessarily address the issue of whether the pack included the expansions that were supposed to be included. His post was an endorsement that the game worked, but not necessarily that it included the proper expansions. Sorry for coming off in a negative way, and thank you for clearing that up. Sold! :D

One more question, if you will. All of these games being offered, have you (not necessarily you personally) checked the downloads to ensure that they are all working properly? Also, these downloads will be available forever right?

[quote name='atreyuevr']Sorry if that came of as me being an ass, didn't mean it that way at all. I seen that post, but it didn't necessarily address the issue of whether the pack included the expansions that were supposed to be included. His post was an endorsement that the game worked, but not necessarily that it included the proper expansions. Sorry for coming off in a negative way, and thank you for clearing that up. Sold! :D

One more question, if you will. All of these games being offered, have you (not necessarily you personally) checked the downloads to ensure that they are all working properly? Also, these downloads will be available forever right?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the brevity, responding from my mobile. Our QA team tests all games to make sure the content described is there and your downloads can be accessed at any time from your digital locker.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry for the brevity, responding from my mobile. Our QA team tests all games to make sure thecontent descrtal lockeribed is there and yourdownloads can be accessed at any time from your digital locker.[/QUOTE]

Despite the gibberish, which isn't a problem =], I appreciate you answering my questions, gonna go ahead and grab Jagged Alliance 2, Sacred Gold, and Disciples II Gold. Thanks again, it's really a great feeling to have an Amazon representative here that's as down-to-earth as you are. Responding from your phone, and even stating it! This is what I like to see, a company that isn't afraid to linger among the common folk as one of our own. =] Keep it up! :D

Is there any chance of the DOTW getting extended? I would love to pick up Dead Island but I really want to use my $20 Gears of War 3 coupon to bring the price down a little further.

Also, (like most people) I think its great that there is an Amazon downloads rep on CAG now. I spend a few grand at Amazon every year and I plan to start throwing some more money their way if these deals keep coming.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Is there any chance of the DOTW getting extended? I would love to pick up Dead Island but I really want to use my $20 Gears of War 3 coupon to bring the price down a little further.

Also, (like most people) I think its great that there is an Amazon downloads rep on CAG now. I spend a few grand at Amazon every year and I plan to start throwing some more money their way if these deals keep coming.[/QUOTE]

Glad the community here is as excited to have me as I am to be here. Dead Island isnt't a deal of the week. We regularly discount many new releases by 20%. You can see what titles this applies to here:

www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317604222&pf_rd_i=979455011

We haven't announced when we will change the price on any of these titles yet so I would just check back when you are ready to pull the trigger on DI.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad the community here is as excited to have me as I am to be here. Dead Island isnt't a deal of the week. We regularly discount many new releases by 20%. You can see what titles this applies to here:

www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317604222&pf_rd_i=979455011

We haven't announced when we will change the price on any of these titles yet so I would just check back when you are ready to pull the trigger on DI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome- Thanks for the late night response.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Awesome- Thanks for the late night response.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome :) awesome avatar by the way. My brother and I had epic fights over who got to use Yoshi in MarioKart 64.

F1 2011 comes out in a couple of days, any chance of seeing it added to the 20% off list? Just going to go ahead and buy it on Steam tomorrow, if we don't hear anything.

Doesn't look like this one is even getting a disc release on PC, so you aren't competing with the Amazon retail side if you announce something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back