Logitech G19 vs Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - Fight!

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical

Logitech G19 Programmable Gaming Keyboard

Which is the best for gaming? I am open to other suggestions as well. I currently use the Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting and I love it but I am seeking something a little more gaming centric with macro keys and such. I need:

Excellent responsive keys.
Macro keys.
Illuminated keys

I had thought about just adding the Logitech G13 Gameboard and using that for macros. What do you guys think?

I love you, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak for the logitech, but I have the Razer and I love it. However, I would say I like typing on it more then anything, it doesn't really add much to gaming, besides having some macro keys you can program. I had a Tarantula before this and it was great too, but I really like the feel of the mechanical keys.

[quote name='docvinh']I can't speak for the logitech, but I have the Razer and I love it. However, I would say I like typing on it more then anything, it doesn't really add much to gaming, besides having some macro keys you can program. I had a Tarantula before this and it was great too, but I really like the feel of the mechanical keys.[/QUOTE]

I am really interested in the Mechanical key feel. Do they respond quickly for gaming? Thanks1

I'm hoping someone can respong who owns the G19 and speak about the smoothness of the keys and the coolness of the LCD.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I am really interested in the Mechanical key feel. Do they respond quickly for gaming? Thanks1

I'm hoping someone can respong who owns the G19 and speak about the smoothness of the keys and the coolness of the LCD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're great for gaming, good tactile feel.

One other factor to consider is that the G19 retails normally for $60 more than that price, and the BlackWidow Ultimate retails for $18 more normally, so the G19 is significantly more discounted.

That being said, I have a Razer Tarantula and love it, and am in the market for a new keyboard right now, and the only one's I'm really considering are the Blackwidow Ultimate and the Steelseries 6Gv2 and 7G, but I really want mechanical keys, and I don't see any purpose for an LCD.

Generally, dedicated macro keys on keyboards are kinda useless, since they are out of the way usually. You might want to consider the Razer Nostromo over the G13 gameboard if you're looking to improve macro use. I've only heard good things about it.

May I also suggest the Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sid...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315929459&sr=1-2

Nothing against Logitech or Razer but Microsoft always had quality Keyboards/Mice and this one is cheaper than both of those two and has plenty of macro support.

I was never a fan of Razer products but I hear the BlackWidow is good if you want a Mechanical Keyboard. The G19 is kinda pointless, sure the LCD screen is a cool idea but you will never use it, unless you are playing World of Warcraft and even then it's just for stat display.

The black widow ultimate uses Cherry MX Blue key switches. Those are more for typing, but it's fine for gaming, and if it's your first mechanical. The black widow ultimate stealth edition uses MX Browns, which are in between gaming and typing. Unfortunately that one is only available on their online store ):

I had one of those Logitech G keyboards before and the keys were terrible. All wobbly and they stuck a lot and would jiggle around. Has the quality of the keys gone up from a few years ago?

Thanks for the tip on that one Bloodbooger. and I love your username lol

i have 2 80$ logitech mice and a 40$ log gaming keyboard but they broke within 6 months and ive ended up having to go back to my crappy microsoft mouse again. thats really why i dont buy Logitech anymore, their stuff is like made in the usa or something. :)

I don't use a gaming keyboard (nor will I ever) but any keyboard with Mechanical Keys is a good keyboard. They're much faster, more responsive and better on your hands. Having said that, I do agree that the Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard dos look pretty cool.

I have the black Widow and I would never go back to any other keyboard. In fact I cant stand using a non mechanical keyboard anymore like I am right now on this here laptop where is my clicky clacky at!

I do feel like the keys are more responsive than a membrane but is it enough to give you a edge on anything? No not really but if you have it in your budget I would 100% recommend a mechanical keyboard and if you are adventurous you could always hunt on craigslist for one and add backlighting in yourself plus it would be cheaper than the razer

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']May I also suggest the Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sid...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315929459&sr=1-2

Nothing against Logitech or Razer but Microsoft always had quality Keyboards/Mice and this one is cheaper than both of those two and has plenty of macro support.

I was never a fan of Razer products but I hear the BlackWidow is good if you want a Mechanical Keyboard. The G19 is kinda pointless, sure the LCD screen is a cool idea but you will never use it, unless you are playing World of Warcraft and even then it's just for stat display.[/QUOTE]

I have this, and I love it. My ONLY complaint about it is that it's red and not blue, blue would match my PC case better ;)

[quote name='Waughoo']I have this, and I love it. My ONLY complaint about it is that it's red and not blue, blue would match my PC case better ;)[/QUOTE]

Seconding the Sidewinder, only I have an x4 and not an x6. Pretty much the same thing though, sans a few fancy additions. Never found a use for the hotkeys though, maybe if I played WoW I would have.

bread's done
Back